Truck Reviews HPC Audible Mel Robbins Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

on September 21, 2016
Very disappointed... the band is not at all as shown or described for the olive face watch. The Product specifications list a Brown band. The photos show a brown band. This thing came with a puke green leather band - no where close to brown and the photo doesn't do the band justice as to how bad it really looks. Also note that the green dial face is not nearly as dark/hunter green as the product image. Instead, the face is a paler green with a hint of olive. The product photo is definitely deceiving.

Note on the watch thickness... it measures a little thicker than spec (mine measures 13mm vs 12mm spec), I'm guessing because the crystal sits above the case, increasing the height. However, this watch wears much thicker than it really is because the lugs are almost flush with the bottom of the watch, causing the watch to sit well above the band. Compare this to a watch with the lugs in the middle so that the watch only sticks 6mm or so above the band for a much more streamlined appearance. For example, I also have a Seiko SKX007 which is also 13mm thick, but wears much thinner than the Timex.

It's too bad because I like the watch operation, the flyback chrono does everything I need it too and is dead simple to use, but I really don't want to spend $20 to get a new band for a brand new $90 watch and the thickness/dial shade is also off-putting - had I seen it in the store before buying I would have kept on walking, so I'm probably going to return this.
review image
7 people found this helpful
on January 18, 2015
Way to go Timex! Good job on this one. I have several watches, ranging from high end to affordable. I believe a good watch doesn't HAVE to be expensive, although most are. I buy watches I like, for having good quality, function, and of course design. Sometimes you can get that at a low price, which is the case here. Of course, this isn't a fine watch by any means, but it's not supposed to be. It's a good watch nonetheless. This is the first Timex i own and i'm very impressed. For the price you get a very good time piece. The design is very good looking, functions are good. I know the hands don't line up exactly with the markers, and a few other details aren't right on, but like I said, it's not a fine watch, I wasn't expecting perfection. I'm annoyed by those reviewers nitpicking at this watch and getting stuck on the imperfections. If you're looking for perfection what are you dong getting this watch? or anything in this price range? I digress, the face is dark green, I like it. It's not a an ugly green and the markers offer a nice contrast. One thing I didn't like right away was the band. I'm guessing Timex wanted to keep the watch affordable so they really skimped out on the band. Not a deal breaker though, good thing I have several nice bands handy. I installed a very nice Hadley Roma tan leather band that looks very nice, as you can see on the pics. For what it is and the price it's a 5 star deal. Salud!
review imagereview imagereview image
24 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
I'm really mixed on how I feel about this watch. Part of it might be due to the fact that the first one arrived broken; the hands were literally spinning loose in the case. I exchanged it for another and the replacement worked fine.

I didn't know how well I would like the "flyback" dials in general use. After a month I have to say they're not very intuitive. They look cool and round out the face quite nicely, but in actual use they're just a pain to read. If you really use the stopwatch or dual-timezone features of your watch regularly this is not your watch - get a chronograph with circular dials and you'll be much happier.

The band, watch face and case colors all complement nicely - which is one of the reasons I bought this watch in the first place. It looks sharp when you're wearing earthtones and in general use I haven't found that it scratches any easier than any other watch that I own. The case is thicker than you think it will be - and sometimes this can be annoying because it catches on pockets when reaching in.

All in all it's just "OK". I don't think I'd order it again, but it's a watch I'll wear every now and again (until the battery dies :-)).
2 people found this helpful
on January 27, 2015
The good: This watch looks clean and simple. The green color of the watch with the natural color of the leather band forms a color contrast that looks very passionate and young in a low profile way. I love it! (BEWARE: The color of the band is actually much lighter than the one shown in the picture on Amazon, but I took a pic of my watch, and did some color correction to it, so the pic you look in my comment is the actual color of the band.) The band will gets darker when touches water but relax, it'll be back when it drys off.

The bad: The date function is not perfect, you have to adjust it if that month have fewer days, and you can't adjust the day between 11PM to 1AM according to the little manual comes with it, it will BREAK something in the watch. But I personally didn't encounter with this yet, because I bought this watch at black friday and now it's only been 3 months? And these 3 months are all 30 days or 31 days. Another thing I'm not happy about is that the glass on the watch is not scratch resistible, it scratches kind of easy, so now when i wear this watch i have to behave my hand not to go all over the place.

I don't really use any other functions like chronograph, cuz i have iphone.
review image
10 people found this helpful
|55 comments|Report abuse
on February 12, 2017
I got this model a few years ago when it was hard to find and came only in white. It was available only in Europe and cost more, but I loved it. When I found out they are available in different colors on Amazon, I bought another! The one I bought earlier I have worn off and on for about 3 years and it has held up nicely, so I am happy with the quality. I love the minimalist design,the indiglo feature and the flyback hands. And unlike most chronographs, it has a separate moving central seconds hand, and one of the subdials substitutes as a 24 hour indicator when the chronograph is not being used. One thing to be aware of though, the strap on the green watch I got is not brown as shown in the picture, but more of a light moss green (all together a very "Army green" watch). All-in-all it's hard to find a cooler, better made watch in this price range.
on March 8, 2018
This is a great fly-back chrono design by Timex. Fly-backs are difficult to find at this price and timex movements are usually very reliable. Unfortunately I received one with a defect where the date could not be changed. Fortunately, I was able to return it with Amazons excellent return policy for defective items.
on March 5, 2018
This watch came highly recommended on YouTube channel Urban Gentry (Highly recommended to anyone who wants to know more about watches). It’s beautiful in person, very cool watch for the money. The green is a little lighter than in the pic. I’ve ordered an orange canvas two piece band to give it a little more flash. One of my favorite watches.
on April 14, 2017
Keeps time really well. I've had it completely submerged in water for a decent amount of time and no water got in at all. The back light function is extremely useful and cool looking.
2 people found this helpful
on November 23, 2015
Looks good, works as advertised. Didn't know about the 2nd time zone feature, but its easy to use and easy to set and stays in the background. I had a complex multi-function watch before, and found that I only used the stopwatch, because all other functions my iPhone did better---and on that watch the stop watch was buried behind alarms and timers etc. Also on the old watch when the stopwatch was running you couldn't see regular time. On this watch, push the button and you are timing, and you can see regular time as well. It's a good size too--not one of these crazy big wrist anchors, but big enough to see, and buttons that are easy to push
on March 13, 2017
well made. good value. my adult son, a budding aviator, loves it.
One person found this helpful