Save Big On Open-Box & Used Products: Buy "Timex Men's T40011 Expedition Camper Analog Quartz...” from Amazon Open-Box & Used and save 56% off the $45.00 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all offers from Amazon Open-Box & Used.
- Made in USA or Imported
- Round watch featuring Arabic numeral indices, luminous hands, and date window at 3 o'clock
- 38 mm case with acrylic dial window
- Quartz movement with analog display
- Nylon band with hook-and-loop closure
- Water resistant to 50 m (165 feet)
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ $4.95 shipping
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
This clean, simple, military-inspired Timex Expedition Camper watch hasn't changed much since 1918. We made it a little lighter, added a nylon Fast Wrap strap with Velcro fastener, and our signature Indiglo night-light.
Rugged and stylish, the men's Camper Expedition watch by Timex is ready for both adventure and everyday wear. The round black bezel contains a sleek black dial, and the matching black strap is made of durable fast-wrap material with a Velcro closure and red logo accents. The dial's large Arabic numeral indexes, luminous silver-tone hands, and handy Indiglo night-light make this watch easy to read day or night. An inner ring of Arabic numeral indexes makes conversion to 24-hour time fast and easy, and outer indexes indicate the seconds. The calendar date displays conveniently at three o'clock and is easily set using the watch's quick-date design. The case is made of tough stainless steel and the dial window is mineral. This analog-movement watch is backed by a 1-year limited manufacturer's warranty and is water resistant up to 165 feet.See all Product description
- Product Dimensions: 3.9 x 3.9 x 2 inches
- Shipping Weight: 3.5 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- Origin: China
- ASIN: B000JY34IC
- Item model number: T40011
- Date first available at Amazon.com: June 6, 2004
- Domestic Shipping: Currently, item can be shipped only within the U.S. and to APO/FPO addresses. For APO/FPO shipments, please check with the manufacturer regarding warranty and support issues.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- Average Customer Review:
|Brand, Seller, or Collection Name||Timex|
|Dial window material type||Acrylic|
|Metal stamp||Stainless steel|
|Case diameter||38 millimeters|
|Case Thickness||10 millimeters|
|Band length||Men's Standard|
|Band width||19 millimeters|
|Special features||includes a seconds-hand, Water Resistant, Luminous|
|Item weight||14.08 Ounces|
|Water resistant depth||100 Feet|
Top Customer Reviews
1. The lume for a watch of this price point is better than some diver watches. You can see the hands at night ,and if you are without glasses or have vision issues the Indiglo night light is a push away.
2. Waterproof...been swimming, in shower, great.
3. Lightweight...this watch is so light barely feel it. Love that factor. Can loosen strap as needed. Love it that is not a Big Ben attached to wrist like so many watches today, and will fit under sleeves easily.
4. Love the velcro fast wrap. No leather or metal bands to leave marks on arms, if you sweat in summer just wash it out. Odor is not an issue and I am pretty active.
5. For the price point, you can buy quite a few of these for the price of one Seiko or Citizen or more.
Love this watch!
Update: I ordered again, and the next version worked. Timex's design has changed slightly from the photo; the crown is now about twice as large as before, about 1/4 inch in diameter, and their are two small ridges surrounding it, matched by identical ridges on the other side of the face. The new design also claims 100 meter resistance. Movement is made in Philippines and strap in China.
Now make no mistake - this is not at all comparable to a $500 wonder watch. To compare it to a higher end wristwatch would be unfair. No, this is a very simple watch. The design is such that I think even having the date on it is a bit fancy. The watch exists to tell you what time it is, and to be light and convenient enough so you don't think about it when you're wearing it. I love it precisely because it is inexpensive and simple.
To be sure, my choices came down to this watch and the Casio Forester - and since the prices were right I bought both. I figure my son will more than likely lose at least one watch during his adventures, and happily the price points on these are low enough where you kind of (but only kind of) don't mind. My son says the Timex is somewhat easier to read. He wears this watch more than the Forester for that reason.
The band is easy to put on and take off, as it's Velcro and not a traditional buckle. Since I want my son to get in the habit of wearing this thing when he's out of the house (really, it does no good to tell him to be back home by six if he doesn't have a watch....), having an easy-to-wear band is crucial.
Indiglo lighting is fantastic on this - it's not so bright that it's blinding you, but rather just the right luminescence to illuminate the watch face. Important in, say, a tent in the wee small hours.
This works. it keeps good time and supports my son's Scouting activities. We are both rather happy with it.
Unlike others, I found the strap a tad too long for my tiny 5.5" wrist. I had to DIY a little - cutting and re-sewing the strap to make it shorter for a perfect fit on my wrist. I've never had a watch that now fits so well, thanks to the velcro :D
Some also mentioned that the watch ticks loud. I was a little concerned about this as I'm used to wearing a Casio ana-digi watch that makes no sound, unless you hold it close to your ear. But after spending a night with this watch (on a table) in my small, dead silent room, this fear is largely unfounded. Mind you, I have pretty good hearing. It does ticks noticeably louder when I removed the strap and placed the watch on my table, so I guess any strap that goes through the back of the watch will help to minimize the ticking 'noise'.
Here are some dimensions of the watch from my own measurement:
Case diameter: 36mm, 37.5mm with crown
Lug-to-lug length: 43mm
Thickness: About 11mm from the bottom of the strap to the top of the crystal (8.5mm for the case by itself)
Weight: Amazon's gotta be kidding you to say it weighs 16 ounces lol!
The acrylic crystal will probably scratch easily, but I've got some toothpaste ready!