Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Timex Men's T45201 Expedition Multi-Function Analog and Digital Combo Watch
Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now STEM

on February 21, 2007
A watch is to keep time and this does it quite well, thank you. After owning it for a month it is now 2 seconds slow based on the US Naval Observatory web site. It is also remarkably functional, easy to read and, given all of it's functions, easy to operate. I've been surprised at the complements I've received on it and the surprise when they find out it's a Timex.
on October 11, 2010
This watch has served me well for nearly three years (granted, for one and a half of those it was shelved in favor of a different watch for everyday use). However, in the one and a half years that I wore it constantly, I put it through enough hell to account for twice as much normal use. Even so, the dial has yet to be scratched, which is probably partly due to the raised bezel around it (excellent design feature, because I tend to scratch my watches). The digital and analog times always stay in sync, and the battery has yet to need changing.

One thing that Timex has absolutely nailed is the Indiglo feature. I still can't get over the fact that I can buy a cheap twenty dollar Timex and it will have a superb lighting system for night viewing that my $500 MSRP Invicta can't hope to match (though otherwise an excellent watch).

What prompted me to write this review, though, is the watch's timekeeping ability. After roughly one and a half years of sitting untouched, it was only off by a couple of seconds, apart from needing to be adjusted for DST. I was amazed. I usually don't go to the trouble to write reviews, unless a really good product comes along. This is one of those.

The reason for only 4 stars? The band leaves a bit to be desired. A large part of why the watch was shelved was that the band was almost completely worn out, and the second loop was missing entirely. However, I just replaced it with a Modena rubber watch band, with a deployment buckle rather than a clasp. A very cheap investment, but one that will keep this watch going indefinitely. I do wish that the nicer Timex's had a user-replaceable battery like the cheaper digital ones, but it'll be a small price to pay whenever the battery finally runs out.
on August 5, 2011
I have worn this exact model watch for about 7 years. When my old one got smashed, I simply replaced it with exact same one, for just a few bucks more than the watch cost 7 years ago. Some features (like stop watch)are totally unnecessary for me, but the light, the day/date are most useful. Also this model is not too bulky and clunky, and can easily be worn with a dress shirt. Battery last about two years. Band lasts about two years. I recommend.
on April 29, 2011
This watch looks great and was a very good price. But it is a bit heavy so is not as comfortable as my husband would like. It also makes a slight clicking noise that we only notice at night when it's perfectly quiet. But if we put in in a drawer, we can't hear it.
on January 16, 2008
It's a very nice watch for the price. Not too large, and the strap is water-resistant leather which is nice. One major shortcoming for me is that this watch (and probably others by timex) only supports dual time zones if the time zones are an even hour-length apart. Attempting to set time zone 1 to eastern time and zone 2 to India time (10.5 hours apart) is not possible, since it only lets you set the hours and not the minutes on the second time zone.

You could also set the analog clock to one time zone and the digital to another, but I seem to have the problem of always bumping the crown setting, resulting in the analog clock often showing the wrong time.
on February 29, 2008
I've been looking for a combo watch so I thought I'd get this one.
Pros: Easy to read analog hands. Digital readout can be time or date.
Cons: Heavy. Thick. Bezel does not turn-decorative only. Figuring out the digital settings can take a while. The instructions are for a series of watches and everything doesn't match. It took a lot of experimentation to get to set the alarm vs. the digital watch. I don't know if I set the second time zone or the alarm. The instructions don't differentiate between "chime" and "alarm" icon settings. Pick one and then wait for the top of the hour or for the alarm to sound.

If you get it set and don't plan to reset it it very often, it will do the job. I don't think it would be that easy if you're crossing time zones and it needs a frequent reset, as you would have to remember the correct order to push the buttons and which ones you hold down to change.

14 November 2014 - Just replaced the battery and had to work through resetting again. It must be an older but popular model because it was $34 in 2008 when purchased. The watchband is still good and there are no scratches on the crystal.
on August 7, 2014
3 years ago I went for swim and got leak!
But i opened , cleaned and it works fine since.
Time shows accurate, battery works good, looks cool, i liked , just not going for swim anymore.....
(But no problem if use in shower)
on August 23, 2010
I ordered this on amazon and got a good deal as buying it in my country would cost me 515% of the actual price.

I got a shock when I first took out the watch, as it is much bigger than the other timex watches in the same series. Having said that, it's a very heavy and solidly built watch. The functions operate as expected. However, the supposedly rotating bezel doesn't move at all.

The leather strap looks good on this watch but it's definitely much less durable than its resin counterpart. The alarm sounds loudly, which is a real bonus for me.

The luminous hands and markers work as desired, glowing legibly for almost 9 hours straight after a 2.5 hour charge under my room light (which isn't that bright).

The indiglo light works well but I see no point in draining the battery unless the hands and markers don't get enough charge. Still a very useful function to have.

Overall it's definitely worth much more than what I paid for. At this price you won't find such a solid, rugged and presentable watch; not even among timex's other watches.
on December 6, 2007
I'm extremely happy with this watch. Had it for two months now and so far it has kept good time. The seconds hand and ditigal seconds seem to stay in sync once set. The hourly chime (if on) is a distinct double beep, so you clearly notice it. The count down timer can be set for any time between 1 min and 24 hours. Stop watch easy to use, and the dual time perfect for travelling. I originally thought there were two alarms, one for local time, and one for second time zone, but I've found you can only set the alarm based on one or the other, so effectivly only one alarm per 24 hours. Alarm also re-sounds after five minutes if you didnt repond to it the first time(does this once). The face plate color has a slight deep greenish tinge to it that doesnt show up in the picture, but looks fine and goes well with the brown band. Whole watch has good solid feel to it, and also light weight. Very happy I found this watch, awesome price.
on June 24, 2011
I really like the features of this watch: analog display w/the benefits of alarm, countdown timer, and a stopwatch most digital watches have. And it was only $30 on sale. My first one lasted a couple years then when the battery died, it ended up killing the beeper. Yes, when the battery got low, the beeper went to full beeeeeeeep until it killed the battery and the beeper. But I liked it enough that I bought a second one. That one has lasted 5 years (3 batteries now), and is still going strong. The leather strap will last about as long as the battery (about 2 years), depending on how much you use Indiglo, and how much water you expose it to.

Overall, I really like this watch.