|Price:||$139.00 + $4.67 shipping|
- Indiglo® Night-Light
- Fly-back Chronograph (4-hour auto shut-off)
- Accurate Digitial Compass with Analog Display, Adjustable Declination Angle for Accuracy
- 2nd Time Zone
- Water resistant to 330 feet (100 M): suitable for snorkeling, as well as swimming, but not diving
Customers who bought this brand also shopped for
New items from Timex
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
The revolutionary Chronograph Compass is a sophisticated style that combines maximum performance expected from an adventure instrument with Intelligent Quartz™ technology. The six-hand movement features a fly-back four-hour chronograph, electronic compass with magnetic declination compensation and a second time zone.
Timex Group B.V. is one of the best-known American watch companies. Timex's U.S. headquarters are located in Middlebury Connecticut and it has substantial operations in China, the Philippines and India and full scale sales companies in Canada, the UK, France and Mexico.
The company began in 1854 as Waterbury Clock in Connecticut's Naugatuck Valley, known during the nineteenth century as the "Switzerland of America." Sister company Waterbury Watch manufactured the first inexpensive mechanical pocket watch in 1880. During World War I, Waterbury began making wristwatches, which had only just become popular, and in 1933 it made history by creating the first Mickey Mouse clock under license from Walt Disney, with Mickey's hands pointing the time.
During World War II, Waterbury renamed itself U.S. Time Company. In 1950 the company introduced a wristwatch called the Timex. Over the next three decades, Timex was sold through a series of advertisements which emphasized its durability by putting the watch through "torture tests," such as falling over the Grand Coulee Dam or being strapped to the propeller of an outboard motor, with the slogan "It takes a licking and keeps on ticking." With the help of former Olympic broadcaster, spokesman John Cameron Swayze, sales took off. The company later became Timex Corporation, then Timex Group and, to date, has sold over one billion watches.
The company has remained very competitive and the Timex brand continues its dominance through present day. Its primary market remains the United States and Canada, although the Timex brand is sold worldwide due to its ability to capitalize on its strong brand image and reputation for quality.
One of the most successful and important features available on many Timex watches is the Indiglo backlight system. Indiglo is a brand name of Indiglo Corporation, solely owned by Timex for licensing purposes. Timex electroluminescent lamps, branded Indiglo, were introduced in 1992 in the Ironman watch line. They were an immediate success. The Indiglo lamp uniformly lights the surface of the Timex’s watch dials in a manner that makes the dial read very easily in many different light settings. In some newer watches the Indiglo backlight only lights up the numbers, rather than the entire LCD display, which is achieved by means of a specialized film that inverts the LCD transmissivity.
Today, Timex Group products are manufactured in the Far East and in Switzerland often based on technology that continues to be developed in the United States and in Germany. With a large and varied line of watches, Timex has the style for everyone. From the locker room to the board room, there is a great Timex style time-piece for you.
- Package Dimensions: 4.7 x 3.6 x 3 inches
- Shipping Weight: 5.6 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- ASIN: B0053EXQU4
- Item model number: T49865
- Date first available at Amazon.com: September 9, 2011
- Domestic Shipping: Currently, item can be shipped only within the U.S. and to APO/FPO addresses. For APO/FPO shipments, please check with the manufacturer regarding warranty and support issues.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- Average Customer Review:
|Brand, Seller, or Collection Name||Timex|
|Dial window material type||Mineral|
|Case material||Stainless Steel|
|Case diameter||44 millimeters|
|Case Thickness||13 millimeters|
|Band width||20 millimeters|
|Bezel material||Stainless Steel|
|Water resistant depth||330 Feet|
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
There are two very small flaws.
1. The usage of stop watch is somewhat difficult. I read manual but the usage is not intuitive and take some time to be familiar with the features.
2. It is very easy to confuse the compass handle with the minute handle. For the first several days, it took some time to get accurate time. I get used to the handle now but it is not clearly easy to read the time and I sometimes misread the time.
Other than that it is very good and stylish watch for the price.