Truck Reviews HPC Spring Reading Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

This Timex Expedition Metal Field Brown is a great looking watch. A little less low-profile than I normally like but still smaller than most of those ridiculous "smart" watches. The fit and finish are stellar for a $30 timepiece and the band ties the whole thing together perfectly (and literally). Even though this watch does not have any glow-in-the-dark markings, the high-contrast face is easy to read even in low light. Timex has really improved the Indiglo compared to my old gray-face Expedition. When the Indiglo is activated, you would never know that the watch face was such a dark color.

I definitely recommend this watch and wouldn't hesitate to buy another- except that it's a Timex and will most likely last a very long time. My older Expeditions are going on 15-years and this one appears to be no different in quality.
4 people found this helpful
on January 18, 2018
I've had this over two years now. Never a problem less when my clothing catches the stem and changes time. (Rare) I wear this everywhere, at the hot springs, swimming, working in Salt Tanks, and the only thing I suggest is "Nato" style bands That make it very secure since it one pin slips, the other one holds the watch to your wrist. For me this was a replacement for a white face model that was a used gift cause I needed a watch and was given. The white face I could see a little better at night yet I daytime I like the dark face better. At night I can't see the second hand as well as with the white face. Subtle difference. The lip on the face keeps the glass from getting all scratched and what I put this thing through, I'm impressed and would not get a more costly watch. It looks good, works great and with a another band - eventually, mine lasted only about 6 month with my sliding my backpack off till it broke from the shoulder strap hitting it. Overall, I Love this watch.
on July 5, 2017
When the watch arrived, it worked fine. Within a month, however, it started losing time on an irregular basis and the date function is equally erratic. More often than not, it stops between dates. I have had Timex Expeditions before and have never experienced any problems except when the battery needed replacement. Perhaps this watch sat on the shelf for a few years before being sold or it was sold with a defective battery. I hate to pay for a new battery for a new watch, but may have to do so. If you buy this watch from this vendor, pay attention to the return date.
on February 15, 2016
I purchased this timex watch and was initially very pleased by the stylish yet very easy to use design. This was my everyday watch for three months; however, at the end of three months the little belt clip part fell off. It can probably be repaired but I'm not sure it isn't worth just buying a different watch. I really liked the watch while it was still intact. Granted I was pretty tough on the watch and it got wet many times. Good watch however I do think that it should have lasted a little longer. Awesome watch for the money and was happy with its performance. I would say that the ticking is a bit loud, and since sometimes I slept with the watch still on my wrist, the ticking did get a little annoying. The backlight on the watch works flawlessly and can even be used by just bending your wrist a little bit to push the button down(if you wear it on your left arm). I would recommend this watch to friends who are looking for a budget watch that will have some style and practicality for a decent price.
3 people found this helpful
on December 22, 2015
I guess I am Old Skool..I know the time is on my phone, I also wear a fit bit most days, but sometimes I just like having a watch. And not one of those London Tokyo New York at 5000000 feet under water complex things. Just a basic what time is it watch. Simple. To the point. Stylish but not pretentious. Dependable. And....the all important second hand. And finally Indiglo. This is all I need and I am so happy with it.
on June 23, 2015
My dad is very happy with his new watch. My considerations for buying it were: big and clear numbers; and the leather adjustable strap. He is 85 yrs. old and have very poor eyesight. So the big dial and numbers were a must. And he has been loosing weight, so his old bracelet watches needed constant adjustment that he couldn't do by himself. With his new watch, he can adjust the leather strap to the best fit easily. Reviews agreed on the quality for the price.
on November 23, 2015
Vary nice quality watch! Easy to read dial, and I love the indiglo feature. I wake up several times a night and just press the stem to know know in the dark; right then and there what time it is. I bet this watch and most all others would be a even better bargain if the packaging wasn't so heavily made to get the watch out of and ready to wear! The quality if this watch still makes it an exceptional value as TIMEX has been for most of my 73 years of life.
on March 5, 2016
I am very pleased with this watch. The numbers are easy to read and the band is quite attractive. It is comfortable enough to wear all day. I
wear this watch daily and get compliments on it all the time.
review image
3 people found this helpful
on May 27, 2017
great inexpensive watch if the noise bothers you you must be having flashbacks
on January 9, 2016
I used several timex watched before. The weekender series is known to be good for some time but can break at some point. The expeditionera I had before were very sturdy. However this watch is much under my expectations. The date was very hard to set in the begining and got stuck after using about a month. It neither changed automatically nor manually. No diving, no swimming. Just regular use. Amazon was great to accept it back.