Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $59.99 Kindle Paperwhite Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 362 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 379 reviews
on March 17, 2015
This is a nice rugged watch.
I was looking for something that had a big display that was easy to read while doing outdoor activities. I am not disappointed here.

I was worried about it being too big and bulky, but it is not.

The band is comfortable as other reviewers have mentioned.

The green LCD on black is unique but can be difficult to see in low light. The indiglo is required at night. There is a night mode to make any button turn on the indiglo, but it's easy enough to press the main button.

If you don't like the green on black you can opt for this version: http://www.amazon.com/Timex-T499519J-Expedition-Shock-Vibrating/dp/B00D3DTGWY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1426614604&sr=8-1&keywords=T499519J

The chrono will take lap/split times but you cannot toggle through them to review your times. I deducted 1 star for lacking this feature. It does have the ability for reminders of birthdays, anniversaries, monthly and yearly bills, etc. I find this feature redundant to my cell phone and wish they had put the effort into the ability to review laps.
on May 25, 2017
The watch is very comfortable and stylish. I don't ever use any function on digital watches other than the date and time and I like it to be very big on the display and not filled with a bunch of excess stuff that I don't need. So in that regard, this watch is fantastic. The main screen displays the date and time very large with no other complications on there. However, I would prefer if the display was brighter. It is almost like a photo negative where the background is dark and the digits displayed are light. It can make it hard to read at a quick glance and sometimes requires extra focus to read. I am attaching photos of it thought the day in my office. Early in the morning with lots of natural light, and at night when I am just using lamps. I also took a picture using the standard display and the indiglo function. In the daylight, it is much easier to read. When the natural ambient light is gone and using lamps, it is harder to read the display. Also, in both cases the indiglo is much easier to read regardless of lighting conditions. I would almost prefer the indiglo setting be the baseline, and then an even brighter setting come on when I am in darker envrionments. All in all, if you want a stylish, comfortable watch that is very rugged and simple, especially compared to a lot of G Shock options, and you can live with the dark display, this is a good choice
review image review image review image review image
on January 6, 2016
I'm giving this product three stars because the face & numbers are difficult to see and the vibration function is weaker than I had hoped. Even in a brightly lit room the time and date numbers are a bit difficult to read. I really wanted to like the watch as it looks sharp, fits well, and I've had good luck with previous Timex products I've owned and still own. I just couldn't get past the difficulty reading the inverse display.

The vibration function works as described. Despite what a previous reviewer has said you CAN set it to vibe only without the chime. My intention for this watch was to use it as a silent alarm clock in the morning so I don't wake up my wife. I'm unsure of whether the vibration will be strong enough to accomplish that goal. The vibe is there...you can feel it...but it's less intense than my iPhone.

Ultimately, I sent this product back and I've ordered the same watch with a normal display (not inverse) and a green band. This one http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00D3DTGWY. We'll see how that one works out.
on August 24, 2016
I bought this watch because it was advertised as being tough. After 3-4 months of routine use, I found that this was not the case. First, the black rubber bezel started to come unglued from the watch. As other reviewers have noted, this starts to collect all manner of dirt and debris until it falls off. The grey plastic ring behind it soon followed, subjecting the acrylic dial window to all sorts of scratches and dings.
I figured any parts that came off that readily were cosmetic and wouldn't affect the watch's functions, so I continued to use it. Since it was advertised as being water resistant to a depth of 660 feet, taking it on a shallow dive with a max depth of 21 feet didn't concern me. The following morning, and every day with cool weather since, condensation obscures the time inside the window.
The final nail in the coffin was when I found a large half moon crack in the dial window. Perhaps the bezel pieces which had fallen off earlier would have prevented this, but something so important to the window's integrity should've been secured better.
Pros:
large face is easy to read
vibration alarm is a useful feature
watch strap "keeper" is a seriously underrated feature
Cons:
dubious at best water resistance
bezel falls off almost immediately
once the bezel falls off the window will likely crack
review image
VINE VOICEon January 1, 2016
My wife thinks this thing looks absolutely horrendous, but I'm a watch guy, and it's a fun toy to have around. The feature I bought this for was the weekday alarm, which can start with vibration, and only go to audible after a while. It goes to audible after maybe 5 or 10 seconds, which I find is a little bit short. Regardless, that feature works very well.

I do find setting this watch bizarrely complicated and non-intuitive. No wonder the instruction booklet is so thick. I just keep pushing buttons until it does what I want.

The light button is nice. It illuminates regardless of which screen you're on. It's easy to access, being the special dedicated middle button. Nice touch.
on February 21, 2017
This is my 3rd Timex digital watch in maybe 15+ years, so I'm pretty sure this will last several years, and I'll put a couple batteries in it before the band finally gives up, at which time, I'll just get another. This is what buying a $50 watch allows you. As for this particular watch it's big, as is the fashion today, and the buttons are easy to operate. I personally use the countdown timer a lot in the kitchen, and the multiple time zones are also handy for me. The only negative is that the display seems dimmer than previous watches, both in daylight, and when you press the 'Indiglo' button.
Not deal-breaker dim, but I like bright better, so I will dock it one star for that.
on May 30, 2017
This watch is huge--not just the face but also the band. It was too big for my wrist even on the tightest setting (I'm an adult woman of ordinary size), and it certainly will not fit on a small-boned adult or a child. It also came without any documentation, instead referring purchasers to the Timex website, where the documentation is incomplete. To figure out how to use some of the features, you would need to surf the web (e.g., WikiHow). I was looking for a watch with a vibrating alarm so that I would not waken my husband when I get up early. For that purpose, I will stick with the Wobl vibrating watch, available via Amazon for a little bit less than the Timex, even though I have had some issues with its breaking or malfunctioning. The Wobl has a smaller band that is made of Velcro (thus accommodating a large range of wrist sizes), and the directions come with the watch and are also available online. (An important difference between the two is that the Wobl is not waterproof, and it also has fewer features--e.g., the ability to "hide" certain functions.) But for individuals with large wrists, the Timex might be a good bet.
on September 8, 2014
Wearing mine right now. As a matter of fact, only take it off if I have to. This watch keeps excellent time and is perfect for me. Yes it's big, but my eyes are not what they used to be. I would always use Casio watches, but I have found myself really having a hard time seeing the time. I started relying on my phone more and more, until now. This watch was very easy to set up compared to my Casio, and I have no problem seeing the time, day or night. This is a rugged watch as well. I am an out door kind of person and always getting myself into situations I shouldn't. This watch has taken all I have dished out and never missed a beat. It's big, but looks great! Easy to see, day, or night! Easy set up, and perfect for the outdoorsman. The only thing that I don't care for to much is the band. Not bad, but not great. I think I will be swapping it out for a Para cord wrist band. Just have to figure out where to get one for this watch. Anyway, all in all, a great watch and I highly recommend getting one if you have a hard time seeing close.
on December 16, 2016
I bought this watch specifically for the vibrating alarm to wake me up but not my wife. The vibration was not strong or long enough to wake me up consistently. I wasn't even planning on wearing it during the day (I wear an activity monitor), but if I were, I didn't like the low contrast between the screen and the numbers making it hard to read without first pressing the Indiglo button.
on December 6, 2016
This watch is great for a military member. It's a little heavier than other like models from Timex but I believe that's due to the shock resistance. The features are great (timer, countdown, occasion, 3 alarms, etc) and I like that I can "hide" the features I don't use (ie: hydra, alarm #3).
The indiglo feature is perfect for low/no light and it doesn't light up everything around you. The watch face is big enough to see at a glance but not so big that it's ridiculous.
One feature I wish they'd incorporate into this watch is a compass. For me, that would make it perfect.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.