Save Big On Open-Box & Used Products: Buy "Timex Men's T49961 Expedition Scout Green Nylon St...” from Amazon Open-Box & Used and save 53% off the $57.00 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all offers from Amazon Open-Box & Used.
- Made in USA or Imported
- Round watch featuring Arabic hour markers, 24-hour time on inner dial, and date window at 3 o'clock
- Also features INDIGLO nightlight
- 40 mm case with mineral dial window
- Quartz movement with analog display
- Buckle closure
- Water resistant to 50 m (165 ft): In general, suitable for short periods of recreational swimming, but not diving or snorkeling
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ $2.99 shipping
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
From the manufacturer
Timex Expedition Scout Collection
Rugged, water resistant and adventure-ready watches.
Sometimes you just need a trusted companion who's up for anything. This well-crafted update to the classic field watch gives you twelve or twenty-four hour time settings, date and a distinct arrow second hand. Everything you need and nothing you don't.
At a Glance
- Classic Outdoor Design
- Genuine Leather & Durable Nylon Strap Options
- Metal Cases in 40mm & 43mm Diameters
- 24-Hour Military Time Markings
- QuickDate Window at 3 o'clock
- Indiglo Light-Up Watch Dial
- Water Resistant to 50 meters
Sometimes you just need a trusted companion who's up for anything. The Timex Expedition Scout Watch is a well-crafted update to the classic field watch with twelve or twenty-four hour time settings, date, and a distinct arrow second hand. Everything you need and nothing you don't.Buckle close strap..Matte case finish..Case Height: 11 mm.Case Lug Width: 20 mm.Case Width: 40 mm.Case Material: Brass.Crystal/Lens: Mineral glass..Full Arabic dial markings.Quartz analog watch movement..
- Product Dimensions: 3 x 3 x 2 inches
- Shipping Weight: 3.2 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- Origin: China
- ASIN: B00HYUSWPE
- Item model number: T499619J
- Batteries: 1 Lithium Metal batteries required. (included)
- Date first available at Amazon.com: April 16, 2004
- Domestic Shipping: Item can be shipped within U.S.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- Average Customer Review:
|Brand, Seller, or Collection Name||Timex|
|Dial window material type||Mineral|
|Case diameter||40 millimeters|
|Case Thickness||11 millimeters|
|Band length||Men's Standard|
|Band width||20 millimeters|
|Special features||includes a seconds-hand, Water Resistant, Luminous|
|Water resistant depth||165 Feet|
Top customer reviews
However, on the first day wearing it out, the crown (the knob used to set the time) fell out. Thinking this was just a fluke, I exchanged for a new one. Then the replacement's strap clasp broke on the third day of wear, even before I shipped the old one back.
I'm really disappointed because this is the only watch I can find that has all the features I was looking for.
1. Look at the dial—white arabics with inner 24 hour arabics on a black background. Clean, timeless, easy to read.
2. Look at how nicely they integrated the date window into the 24 hour ring. They could have just slapped a white date wheel under there, but with the choice of black, the dial is so beautifully balanced. The date is instantly available if you want it, but otherwise if just disappears.
3. At 40mm the case isn't exactly vintage proportions, but it doesn't look unusually large on my 6.5 inch wrist. Believe me--I am hyper sensitive to oversized watches. This watch looks really nice on the wrist, and I think it would work well for most wrists.
4. The large crown really adds to the vintage vibe.
5. The strap is fine. I bought the tan version because I didn't want the yellow seconds hand of the olive strapped version. While the tan strap is comfortable, the color doesn't look good on me (according to my better half). No worries. At 20mm, the world is your oyster. A quick change to an olive zulu band solved my problems. I really think buying the tan strap version is the way to go just for the white seconds hand. I think the olive strapped version has a grey finish to the case as opposed to the brushed stainless look of the tan strap version. You may like that look. I think it's cool, but I'll gladly give it up to lose that yellow seconds hand.
6. Ticking volume has been fine. I briefly owned a Weekender that ticked very loudly. This one is much quieter. Not as quiet as my nicer quartzes, but I hardly notice it ticking on my wrist. It seems to get louder when it take it off and out it on a table.
7. Lume on the hands is decent, but I haven't tested the duration yet. But with Indiglo, I guess I don't care.
Highly recommended if you like field watches. It's very classic looking. I looked down at my wrist the other day and thought, "Man, that looks good. Some designer at Timex really has a passion for classic field watches." And then I thought, "Oh, yeah, what time is it?" (You have to be a bit of a watch nut to relate to that one.)
I have ordered 2 of these watches from Amazon- my first was about a year and a half ago, and another was about 2 weeks ago. My first one somehow had the crown come out (I have a toddler, and I blame her :p). Unfortunately, I ordered a second one from Amazon Warehouse listed as Very Good condition, with the only damage listed being the original packaging. When it arrived, it wasn't working, and the crown didn't have the normal plastic piece preventing accidental activation. I completed the return, and am trying something a little different, but still a Timex (a Weekender Antique model this time).
Overall, I like the watch, and for a good casual/work watch, I think this is a great item. I've just had issues with the crowns on both of the examples I've had, and it makes me a little gun shy at this point. That said, I will probably get another of these at some point, because, let's face it, I've had too many good Timex watches to get scared away now...
Most recent customer reviews
just the basics but exactly what I was looking for.
very accurate timepiece