|Price:||$33.49 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. FREE Returns. Details|
- Made in USA or Imported
- Round watch with black and white dial, contrasting yellow second hand, and nylon band
- Quartz movement with analog display
- Protective mineral crystal dial window
- Features luminous hands, 24-hour time, and buckle closure
- Water resistant to 165 feet (50 M): suitable for swimming and showering
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ $2.99 shipping
+ Free Shipping
Sometimes you just need a trusted companion who's up for anything. The Timex Expedition Scout Watch is a well-crafted update to the classic field watch with twelve or twenty-four hour time settings, date, and a distinct arrow second hand. Everything you need and nothing you don't.Buckle close strap..Matte case finish..Case Height: 11 mm.Case Lug Width: 20 mm.Case Width: 40 mm.Case Material: Brass.Crystal/Lens: Mineral glass..Full Arabic dial markings.Quartz analog watch movement..
- Product Dimensions: 5 x 3 x 5 inches
- Shipping Weight: 3.2 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- ASIN: B00HYUSWPE
- Item model number: T499619J
- Batteries: 1 Lithium Metal batteries required. (included)
- Discontinued by manufacturer: Yes
- Date first available at Amazon.com: April 16, 2004
- Domestic Shipping: This item is also available for shipping to select countries outside the U.S.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- Average Customer Review:
|Brand, Seller, or Collection Name||Timex|
|Dial window material type||Mineral|
|Case diameter||40 millimeters|
|Case Thickness||10 millimeters|
|Band length||Men's Standard|
|Band width||19 millimeters|
|Special features||Second hand, Light|
|Water resistant depth||165 Feet|
Top Customer Reviews
1. Look at the dial—white arabics with inner 24 hour arabics on a black background. Clean, timeless, easy to read.
2. Look at how nicely they integrated the date window into the 24 hour ring. They could have just slapped a white date wheel under there, but with the choice of black, the dial is so beautifully balanced. The date is instantly available if you want it, but otherwise if just disappears.
3. At 40mm the case isn't exactly vintage proportions, but it doesn't look unusually large on my 6.5 inch wrist. Believe me--I am hyper sensitive to oversized watches. This watch looks really nice on the wrist, and I think it would work well for most wrists.
4. The large crown really adds to the vintage vibe.
5. The strap is fine. I bought the tan version because I didn't want the yellow seconds hand of the olive strapped version. While the tan strap is comfortable, the color doesn't look good on me (according to my better half). No worries. At 20mm, the world is your oyster. A quick change to an olive zulu band solved my problems. I really think buying the tan strap version is the way to go just for the white seconds hand. I think the olive strapped version has a grey finish to the case as opposed to the brushed stainless look of the tan strap version. You may like that look. I think it's cool, but I'll gladly give it up to lose that yellow seconds hand.
6. Ticking volume has been fine. I briefly owned a Weekender that ticked very loudly. This one is much quieter. Not as quiet as my nicer quartzes, but I hardly notice it ticking on my wrist.Read more ›
Update: after getting this watch repaired (which I had to pay about $8 to Timex for), the watch worked okay for about another three or four months. At that point the crown broke off again, forcing me to officially give up on this watch. It's very poorly made, and Timex should be embarrassed that they're putting this quality level into the market. I'm changing my review from 3 stars to 1 star -- and I recommend against buying it.
My measurements for the diameter were 40mm for the case without crown, and 44.5mm including the crown. I had seen different listings on other websites and was a little confused.
The band is horrible, but it took only a few days to break in make it more comfortable. It still is terrible, but not irritating and uncomfortable like it was the first few days.
I put it next to my G-Shock just for a comparison.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This watch is quiet for a Timex analog. I can only hear the ticktocks when putting the watch next to my ear. Read morePublished 2 days ago by A reader
I purchased this to use as a watch for hiking, camping, fishing, etc. The knob fell out the third time I went hiking with it and water entered the watch before I noticed. Read morePublished 3 days ago by rich park
Keeps time well and looks nice. Strap fits nicely, but will probably be replaced later on. Main drawback is it can be very loud and annoying in a quiet room; certainly louder than... Read morePublished 3 days ago by angel
This watch is GREAT! Like the lighted dial, easy to activate. Band is comfortable and simple design...like that it is not leather...no worries about a bad smell over time.Published 3 days ago by J. V. Mills
I have had an expedition Scout for about 5 years +. No problems. Had to change the battery once. Keeps accurate time, has an easily set date. Read morePublished 4 days ago by Paul B.
outstanding watch, got it for my grandson and he loves it. I am very happy. Bobby JohnsonPublished 4 days ago by Amazon Customer
lasted about 9 months. if you're looking for a junk watch and don't care if it doesn't last a year, this one's for you.Published 4 days ago by Mark F Fiala
I wore it for maybe 24 hours before the dial on the side broke off somewhere. I was traveling to visit some friends and I noticed the dial was missing when they picked me up from... Read morePublished 4 days ago by Matthew Meriage