Truck Reviews Beauty Best Books of the Month Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Shop now STL18_GNO

Showing 1-10 of 74 reviews(4 star). See all 470 reviews
on April 8, 2014
I have owned this version and other almost identical versions of this watch for years now. I replace the whole watch when the battery eventually goes out to keep up appearances. I keep coming back to this style because they are durable, have straight forward buttons, are waterproof, and I like the indiglo lighting. This version has the background light up where some other versions have the actual numbers light up only. The background has a greenish tint as the sales photos suggest. It looks cool. Doesn't seem to help visibility over the standard background and may make it just a tiny bit harder to see. Not a deal breaker one way or the other. I have worn some of my previous Timex Ironman watches all the time including in the shower and pool and have had zero water related problems... Except, the band may pick up a funky smell if you do this. My new watch will get babied a little more. I have not broken a band that I can recall. The simplicity of the layout of the time/day/date is probably the best thing about this watch. It is a medium sized watch. If you have big wrists/arms you might want something of a little bigger scale but you probably will have enough band as it is quite long. I have come to prefer slightly larger sized watches so I may look into something bigger in the future but is not because of any problem with the watch; just personal preference.
on September 13, 2013
Purchased to replace previous watch that was broken (same type watch). It is great for the most part, but as with most modern watches, a bit complicated to set the alarm. My Dad is in his 80s and really happy with it though, and it was a very fair price!

9-29-16 UPDATE
This watch served its purpose, but rather than replace the band and battery when this one wore out, I found a similar Timex on Amazon that is much better (Timex Men's T5K4179J Ironman Traditional 30-Lap Mega Watch). As my Dad gets older, he doesn't like changing brands because it gets harder to learn how something works without similarities to build on. The reasons why the T5K4179J replacement watch is better are: the screen is larger and the background is lighter without the green tint of the Timex T53151 watch. The T5K4179J is so much easier to read and shares the night light feature, but is much brighter.
on April 2, 2014
This is my 3rd Ironman watch. I am very hard on watches and these really do take a beating and keep on ticking. The first two were still working but were so beat up it was hard to see the face and were just plain ugly. Using the features is pretty easy once you get the hang of it. All of them I have had have survived severe abuse. I usually get a couple of years out of a band but I can't complain with the abuse I give them. A replacement band has proved impossible to find in a retail store and the aftermarket ones do not fit well at all. You can find them on Amazon or E-bay. There are many versions of the Ironman band so be careful what you order. This model, to me anyway is a good value. Last one I got the Indiglo would not work. Amazon sent another and a call tag for the defective one. Quick and easy transaction.
on January 8, 2015
I've owned this watch for almost two years and it has held up very well. It's been on my person on many adventures from backpacking trips in Alaska, to fishing boats in the Cook Inlet. It also survived my job as a Groundman on a tree-trimming crew. All of the functions work perfectly fine and it still keeps time like a pro! I'm surprised that the need to replace the battery hasn't risen yet.

The only damage that this watch has sustained so far is flaking and deterioration of the finish and the display. However I think that is a result of 100% DEET bug spray that I used on one of my trips to Alaska.

For the price, this watch is a bargain!
on November 21, 2013
This is a great watch for a great price. I actually bought this watch to replace it's women's version. Because I have very small wrists, I was a bit worried this size might be a little large, but it is the perfect size. I also found that the buttons were quite a bit easier to press than the women's version. I was also very pleased with the shipping - I ordered it the 19th, and received it the 21st, which I wasn't expecting since I live in Canada.

Just a heads up to people who get this watch, even if it says "water-resistant" up to 100 m, do not purposely submerge it in water. My other watch broke while I was taking a bath and pressed a button. If you notice that the screen is fogged up and it seems like there is water inside, immediately open up the back using a small screw driver since the water will not come out otherwise. If you bother to read the fine print in the manual, you'll notice the warranty does not apply if the problem is water-damage either.
on January 3, 2015
The watch is very nice, comfortable and light. The green screen during the day is very intuitive and makes for very easy viewing. The illumiglo for night viewing is typical Timex. The only negative that I have to say for this watch is the band retention strap does not work very well at all. Compared to other Timex Ironman watches I own this watch is certainly the worst. It only works if you put the watch on so tight that when you remove it, you have a perfect impression of the watch on your wrist. If the securing oblong knub was about 1mm longer it would rectify the problem.
on February 5, 2014
This is a nice watch.

The buttons work easily.

It's a little tricky to remember how to work all the functions, but they can be figured out--with the manual if necessary.

The night light works pretty good. But only in dark areas.

The strap is a little short. But I have very big wrists. I can get it into the 2nd hole, but then the strap hold down ring doesn't usually keep hold. Even on the 3rd hole, the ring doesn't always keep the end tab down.

It's a good deal for the price.
on October 8, 2012
This watch won't win any style contests, but that's not what it was designed to do. I bought this watch for my son for cross country. He really just needed a watch to keep track of his mile splits. The watch has large numbers, so it's easily readable for a tired jogger. The buttons are large and easily manipulated while running.

The size is that of yester-year's mens watches, meaning it's not huge and chunky. That works for a 14-year-olds wrist, or frankly, anyone who doesn't want a massive watch on their wrist. This watch might even work well for a female who wants a larger watch, but not a huge man-watch.
on March 20, 2013
I've had a couple Timex Ironman watches before this and loved them - in fact my 'prior' one is still working, but I only put it on at the gym. This one is almost as good as my prior model (and why are there seemingly dozens of variations?) but with this one the clairty and brightness of the display is more dependent on what angle the face is to, well, yours, than my previous. Held off-angle it can be too dim - when spot on, however, it's quite clear and sharp. Not sure what they changed but I prefer my older model watch - don't let that stop you from buying this, however.
on October 30, 2013
I highly recommend this watch, it does all the functions adequately and looks strong. Its very easy to use and the menus are easy to navigate through even without using the manual.
The arm band is little smaller than I expected and I have noticed that only one alarm can be set at a time. The armband's designed is not flexible as other watches this may add rigidity to the watch, however this may also mean its likely to break. Its a good watch,hopes it last a long time.