Industrial Deals Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now STEMClub17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 351 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 484 reviews
on December 13, 2016
I've used this same model watch for 7 or 8 years now, replacing every 2 or 3 years because of the (well-documented) band issues, or most recently the bezel breaking off in two stages. Despite these frailties, it's a great watch for all sports including swimming and running, or just to use as your daily watch. Not clunky at all, unlike many Ironman-type watches, and comfortable enough to keep on 24/7, i.e. sleeping, showering, etc.

Imo wearing it 24/7 is guaranteed to extend the life of that band--unlike repeatedly taking it off/putting it back on. If I could just remember to take it off when I do punishing stuff like work under my car, etc., I might be on just my second one rather than my fourth one. It's still worth it though!

NOTE: The current Amazon description incorrectly says "Made in USA" (insert buzzer sound here).
The label on the one I just got says:
- Movt China/Mvt CN
- Strap China/Bracelet CN
- Assy Phillipines/Assy PH
on April 11, 2017
I bought this watch for the first time back in 2012, and have fallen in love with it. As a collegiate cross country and track runner, I put it through a lot of miles. In all that time I can't find anything bad to say about it. The display is very easy to read, and the watch is super easy to program. The fit is also great! It doesn't slide down my wrist like many other watches do during workouts. As a workout partner, it's great. For easy runs or long runs, the stopwatch works great, and is very easy to use. For interval training and track workouts, the watch is set up perfectly to be used easily and effortlessly. Plus, the 50 lap memory means you've got plenty of storage to keep workouts in for a while. My first watch died on me this last week, and because the band was being held together with superglue, and it's been scratched up like crazy, I decided to order a new one instead of just replacing the battery and keeping the old one limping along. This really is the perfect runner's watch. I have an Apple Watch and Garmin Vivoactive that I use for their GPS sometimes, but I honestly would rather use this watch. You will not regret purchasing this watch. It really is the best running watch available.
on December 4, 2016
Great watch. This is my fourth one. I don't notice it on my wrist at all. The band allows sweat to slide off or evaporate. The watch runs smoothly and has all of the features that I could ever imagine needing. I use the alarm regularly with good success. For me, the band is what makes this watch the best. I have a number of watches. All of them get gross under the band when I sweat. Also, I really feel them on my wrist. With this watch, I barely notice that it's on my wrist and the band dries quickly. The only downside is that the lightweight strap does break after a couple of years, and it cannot be replaced independently of the watch. In other words, when the band breaks, you have a nice portable alarm clock or cooking timer.
on April 18, 2016
I purchased this item as a gift for my husband for his birthday. I own the same one in women's.
He has loved it. He loves triathlons and so I thought with this being waterproof it would be a great fit for him.
Pros:
The wear is comfortable and not too heavy.
He really enjoys the extra features for running/stop watch/timers etc...
Military time has been so great since we lived in Europe and we really enjoy keeping all of our devices on military time
The beeper is loud enough to wake you up, but not loud enough to annoy others at the gym when working out doing circuits/sprints, etc.. It's also loud enough (if your headphones aren't full blast) to hear while running on the road.
Water proof and not too heavy for swimming.

Cons:
The wrist strap eventually broke after 3 years, however, for wearing it everyday it doesn't seem so bad. The watch still functions properly it was just the wrist band that broke and I do believe you can replace those.
Truth be told I will probably order him the same one again even after the strap broke.
on February 2, 2016
Very nice watch for a very active person. Light weight, comfortable water and sweat proof band, simple uncluttered display & features, Indiglo night illumination, good water resistance, decent timer, stop watch, and alarm functions make this watch ideal for 24/7 use in water sports, land sports, workouts and for general daily activities. I never take mine off, and have owned several. The only issue I have is that typically the watch band breaks before the watch electronics wear out, (one time the Indiglo nightlight stopped working first). With my usage pattern, the band usually breaks within a 2 year window. Don't know if Timex could come up with a reliable way to replace the band without compromising the design. Still, for the price, it is the best basic sports watch I have found.
on July 24, 2014
Needed a sport watch that was easy to see at night, and the band wasn't a nuisance. Topnotch in both regards. Rarely make use of advanced functions, but love the form and fit. Update - about 2 years after I purchased it - the band broke. Found out that there is no replacement available. While I loved the watch, the ease of use, the loud alarm - I would say - unless this is a watch you only wear for when you run an Ironman - I'd avoid it for day to day wear... should I find myself ever buying another Timex - I'll definitely look for something with a replaceable band...
review image review image
on July 18, 2015
My watch came in the mail today. I really enjoyed a Soleus watch I had a few years ago, but it only lasted less than a year (and it never worked again, even after replacing the battery), so it was back to Timex Ironman, which I find very reliable, and have all the features I need. As a serious distance runner, Ironman is my go-to. The wristband on my last Women's Ironman Sleek broke -- years after the sound for alarms etc. had also gone mute-- and my Garmin doesn't show lap splits during track workouts. I needed another simple running watch for daily wear and track/interval workouts.

I chose this model over the smaller women's Sleek because the screen is larger. I am 5', under 105lbs, and the face watch does look a little large on my wrist, but it's definitely smaller than the Garmin, which I've been wearing daily lately. Note to women: I am on the VERY LAST clasp insert, and the watch is loose enough to wiggle around in place on my wrist, which is about how I like it when I run anyway. It's not totally snug, but it's not going to flop or be distracting when I run.

I would give this five stars but the silver edging looks a little artificial and I can see why one person who previously reviewed may have had trouble with it chipping. Also, unfortunately, I specifically ordered BLACK and I received aqua blue, which I will be returning because this will the watch I wear 24-7, to work and on runs, and black blends in better with street clothes and work attire. I might actually get a different model altogether that doesn't have the chrome-colored edging so it's a little less conspicuous.
on October 2, 2015
This particular style has been a favorite of mine for over 10 years. I like the low profile of the watch face which means that I don't catch the watch on things as much. As an endurance athlete, I like the fact that the watch is lightweight and the band is very breathable. I use this watch for both casual and active use, rarely taking it off.

The Achilles' heel of this watch is the band. It is molded to the watch, so when it breaks, there is no way to replace it, you have to buy a new watch. I just recently replaced my previous watch which the band lasted for about 2 years.

The 50 lap stopwatch is helpful for long runs when I want to keep track of split times. It also date stamps the intervals which is helpful for keeping track of different workouts. I don't use the interval timer very often, but it can be set up for Run-Walk strategies. Other features include a Countdown Timer and Alarm
on August 1, 2016
This is the third time I have bought this watch over the past 6 or so years. With everyday usage I am able to get about 2 years usage out of it. The display has everything you immediately need without too much clutter. There is no useless information or graphics counting the seconds in weird ways. I have used the stopwatch and countdown timer and both works great. The indiglo backlight is very easy to see in the dark without making you lose your night vision. The watch band, while not replaceable, is very comfortable and breathable.
on October 17, 2014
Best watch I've owned in 20+ years of using Timex watches, including loads of full-contact adventure sports. Great display. Loads of functions. Intuitive interface. LOVE the easy-to-read numbers + interval timer for sprints and HIIT training. Alarm loud enough to wake me up from deep sleep at 5am every morning for the last week. Comfortable, low-profile wristband that doesn't collect sweat, stays clean, slides under clothes easily. Seriously: skip the rest and buy this watch. Worth every penny. (note: female reviewer -- totally works for both guys and gals)

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.