Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Timex T5E021 Digital Pedometer
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Water Sports

Color: Grey|Size: One Size|Change

on July 13, 2006
After trying a dozen pedometers, I discovered the rugged, well designed Timex 5E021.

The display is large enough to read easily, and the construction is sturdy. The belt clip never slips off. It clips securely to a belt or even the elastic band of a pair of athletic shorts.

Every other pedometer I tried had serious design flaws. Battery doors fell off, belt clips broke, and buttons were positioned so it was easy to accidently reset the units.

Many of the other pedometers I tried were overly sensitive to belt position. If the pedometer was too far to the front or back of my waist, the step-count and distance would be off by as much as a third.

By contrast, the Timex is easy to position (right over the hip bone) and is always accurate.

The reset button is positioned so it will not reset accidently.
on January 11, 2010
Some pros: Clip is very secure. Very comfortable -- don't feel it at all. Fun to use

Cons: The buttons get accidentally pushed, so I end up reseting it inadvertently. Worse, if the "mode" key is held down (which I also did inadvertently), it changes to metric. I never would have figured out how to change it back to miles if I hadn't thankfully kept the instructions. Something as simple as a pedometer shouldn't need instructions.
on August 4, 2015
I like this pedometer... my husband and I both have bought one. it is very accurate so I like that a lot, a bit noisy as you can hear it counting (sort of ticking as you walk), but my complaint is that with the buttons sticking out like they do, it has reset itself multiple times with me bumping the reset button by accident and I lose my walking count. if I'm not looking constantly I may not notice that and at 3:00 it says I've walked 100 steps and I missed what it said before the reset and then I don't know if I am on track for my goal or not. I am trying to get a certain distance in every day and this has disappointed me when it resets. I guess I should move it further back or forward on my waist. it is a little bulky to wear with my work clothes - leaves a bump under my tops. overall, ok but I think I need something a little thinner.
on October 20, 2015
I was absolutely thrilled to have found this again as Timex was not making it, and the other Pedometers I purchased did not do what I needed, and I wear my pedometer everyday. The only problem was that it was an add on so I had to purchase $25 worth of other products to get this at the price advertised, no regrets.
on November 12, 2015
I've had this pedometer for a little over a year. At first it worked great and within the past three or so days, it started resetting the steps back to 0. It happened 3 times today (11/12/2015). Needless to say, I'm shopping for a better pedometer as this one is now practically useless.
on November 24, 2011
After wearing out the buttons on another pedometer I decided to give this one a try. It's good and it seems fairly accurate but for the price there are few features. I bought it because of the positive reviews. Yes it counts steps and converts the count to miles but's that's all it does. No timer, no memory and no daily reset. It is workable but after a week with it and without my other features I'm ordering my old reliable.
on April 17, 2011
This is a good solid pedometer. I, do, however, have a few issues with it. First, it's noisy -- it makes more noise than other pedometers I have owned, pinging audibly when it registers steps. Second, it lacks a speaker and therefore the ability to alert you when you've reached 10,000 steps or you've walked for a certain amount of time. Other than that, it's fine.
on September 21, 2007
I purchased this pedometer based on another person's review which raved about its durability. It worked great the first day until I leaned over to pick something off the floor at my office. The pedometer popped off my waistband, fell about 2 feet to a carpeted floor, and stopped calculating completely. Needless to say, I was disappointed that the pedometer didn't even make it through the first 24 hours and sent it back. I understand that pedometers should be "motion sensitive", but given the punishing that runners and hikers put them through, they should certainly be able to survive the occasional drop -- especially to a carpeted floor. I do not recommend this product.
on January 27, 2010
Excellent product. I've dropped it. Nothing happens. It is accurate. Easy to use.
on October 13, 2014
This pedometer is good and a great value for the money. It took some experimenting to find the right placement for accurate operations. The one drawback to the design is that that RESET button can easily be pressed by accident. I use my pedometer daily to track how many miles I walk in the course of a day. It is working well in that role.