Industrial Deals Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon soul2soul soul2soul soul2soul  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on May 10, 2017
I am a high school volleyball coach/teacher and I need a watch for practices. I have two other watches I have been using and both had major faults. 1) No countdown timer. Timex watches have a countdown timer as a standard feature on their digital watches. 2) Watches were too big and/or heavy. This particular watch is lightweight and very comfortable to wear. It is not a big watch, but the digital face is big enough so you can quickly glance down and easily tell what time it is. The background is is a very light grey and the numbers are black, so the contrast pops. The indigo lighting is a green and very easy to see in the dark. I also like the start/split button in the middle of the watch. I also like how the watch tells me the day like WE 5-10. I bet I look at my watch 5 times a day to write the date.

The velcro strap is comfortable. I have had others where the strap was itchy. The display is actually sunk in around the frame, so the glass is more protected to scratches. I have a SHARP watch and the glass is flush with the frame and it has 2 ugly scratches from me banging it against a door frame accidentally.

I bought this watch because I figured I could replace the velcro strap when it gets all nasty and begins to lose its "velcroiness" but I'm not 100% sure if I'll be able to. I saw Timex velcro bands for sale, so I hope so.

So why did this watch only get a 4? The box. The box was destroyed on arrival. The plastic holder for the watch and the instruction book were in perfect condition, but the actual Timex box was ripped into 3 pieces. I was afraid this was a refurb or a return, but the watch shows NO signs of previous wear. So, I would give the watch 5 stars, but the packaging was damaged (watch is perfectly okay).
on June 25, 2017
I have been using TIMEX Ironman watches for about 7 years and I have to say they are the simplest and most useful watch I have ever used. I use the watch for everyday time management in the office and at the gym. The timer, alarm, and chrono settings are very intuitive and easy to use. The battery life usually goes for about two years. I have successfully changed the battery on these watches two of three times. The last time, I damaged the copper coil contacts that allow for the timer and other sounds to occur. I purchased this gray and red replacement in order to replace my previous watch. It performs well! TIMEX customer for life!
0Comment|Report abuse
Bought this for my son's tenth birthday. I needed a countdown timer to remind him to check in with me from time to time at the water slide park and other activities. Also needed a stop watch get him to eat faster and out of the bathroom faster. This is helping him with my sense of urgency if you know what I mean.

Net-net, its intuitive to use for a kid. I just wish the band could get smaller for a kid's wrist. Its loose, but not to the point of getting lost or creating safety issues.
on October 29, 2016
Easy to use. Easy to read even when running. At night the indiglow face is easy to read. The buttons are easy to push even while running. The wrist strap locks in nicely and won't loosen or unbuckle until you make it do so. It has all the features I would want.
3 helpful votes
on September 30, 2017
I needed a rugged digital watch that had large, easy to read, numbers. This Timex has some sort of new display that is much easier to read than my G-Shock DW5600. This Timex also has a more comfortable band that's made from a more flexible material than the hard rubber/plastic of the G-Shock. This Timex is also rather nice looking. It's just large enough without being too large and the menu is idiot proof. I never even looked at the manual. Overall, this is a great watch at a bargain price.
on March 25, 2016
This was purchased as a replacement for my everyday watch which, for whatever reason, decided it wouldn't allow me to reset it. (When we go off Daylight Savings Time, it should be usable again.) Rather than take it somewhere to get it fixed, I opted to take advantage of Amazon's low price and simply replace it. Among the reasons that I love this watch are its large numbers and, in particular, its large, highly visible, indicator of seconds. This is because I wear it to cardio-rehab three times a week, where it makes it easy to calculate my heart rate after each machine exercise. The watch is good-looking – this latest version has a few design refinements and is slightly larger than its predecessor – with a more adjustable, more comfortable band. Like its predecessor, it's built to be durable, recalling – for those old enough to remember – the old Timex advertising slogan: "takes a licking and keeps on ticking." So, to paraphrase another old advertising slogan: "Buy it. You'll like it!"
Enthusiast: Cookingon August 4, 2017
This is perfect for when I need to go swimming 2.4 miles, biking 112 miles, running 26.2 miles and then coasting home for a cold one (the run would kill me). Actually, I like the stop watch for when I am using my grill and/or smoker. The back lit face if great for seeing how much longer the movie is on date night. The construction is solid and it has more information readily available than most time pieces, battery last for years, weather proof.
on May 24, 2015
I needed a replacement for a Timex Ironman that I have had for about 10 years. The watch itself never failed but I had gone through multiple bands and the cost of a replacement band if I could have found it for that watch would likely be half the cost of this watch. Another good, solid dependable Timex which I will likely have for another 10 years.
3 helpful votes
4 helpful votes
on June 23, 2017
I've had many of these watches. They are very durable, the waterproofing is great. They are easy to set and the numbers are nice and big. I bought it as a replacement work watch, I work in a small factory. But its too nice to wear to work, I don't want it to get scratched. When it's a littlw beat up it will be a great work watch. If you work with grease or oil these watches are good because it's all plastic, there's no rubber get eaten up
on August 21, 2017
Watch looks good, feels light but sturdy, and the black rubber face has a matte look that feels more resilient than other plastic watches. I have had it for an hour so can't comment on durability, but given it's a Timex Ironman I have high confidence. I bought this watch specifically for its dual time function. The watch shows the current time as default, and the second time when you click on the start/split button in the lower middle of the face, and shows Time 2 for about one second. I don't need it, but there is an option to enter a third time. All in all, good looking, functional watch and very pleased with it.
0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.