Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services powers4premiere powers4premiere powers4premiere  Doppler $139.99 All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis dm3 Shop Now toystl17_gno_dm3

Showing 1-6 of 6 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 10 reviews
on April 19, 2010
I love the styling and functionality. The hidden adjustable buckle is a great design that would be better if you don't carry a child often. I am some what hard on watches and only wear timex. I have a habit of never taking off my watch, not for sleeping or showering. The first one broke in the clasp mechanism after about 9 months, about 3 months before I bought one for a christmas present for my brother-in-law. To my surprise i got a brand new one for $4 (if memory serves)in the mail after i sent it in to get a new band from the timex repair center. I was elated with this watch for another 4 months until it broke in the exact same place. My brother-in-laws is still going strong. Maybe I'll send it in again?
PS many peolpe have commented on the watchs good looks. That never happened to me before, even when I would wear a knock-off Rolex.
on April 25, 2010
This watch looks far more expensive than it is. Buttons may be a bit harder to press than a normal Ironman, but I've found that to not be a real issue. Button functions are standard for Ironman watches, so it's very easy to use. The band is rather ingenious featuring a fold-over clasp like you typically see with dress watches but with a hidden adjustment that allows you to quickly fine-tune the size--distinctive and classy-looking and also very comfortable. One note: The only titanium is in the top portion of the band; the body is plastic and most of the band is a rubbery material--still a very sleek design that is easy to dress up or down.
on February 18, 2009
This Timex Ironman is a lot more professional looking than the "Dress Watch" seen below (I also owned and reviewed the "Dress Watch" watch below):

Timex Men's Ironman 50-Lap Combo Analog Digital Dress Watch #T5E351

The "Dress Watch" had a resin wristband that was very comfortable, but was prone to developing tensile cracks (see review). This wristband appears to be made out of a similar resin, but the latch mechanism is completely different. The clasp type on the "Dress Watch" is like a belt buckle - the combination of this clasp type and wristband material was not the best (the tensile cracks developed in areas that bent the most during latching). However, the clasp type with this watch is a pushbutton deployment clasp (usually found on metal wristbands) - the combination of this clasp type with the resin wristband material should be a much better fit (the band does not bend to the extreme the "Dress Watch" had to bend). Also, this wristband is fully adjustable (whereas links must be removed from metal wristbands in order to adjust).

There are a couple of downsides to this watch:
1) the titanium pieces that connect the watch-face unit to the wristband make it uncomfortable to wear the watch even semi-loose - the titanium pieces dig into my wrist bone if it is too loose, and

2) the deployment clasp has a tendency to grab a few of my wrist hairs while closing (although this can be avoided with some practice).

EDIT (11/15/2011): There is a small metal pin that secures the push-button clasp mechanism to the resin wrist band... and it just failed. Not too happy about that. This is my second Ironman to have a ~2 year life-span... note to self: Don't buy Ironman without an easily replaceable wristband.
on May 11, 2010
I have small wrists, so I usually have to wear watches on their smallest setting. This watch was not designed to be worn at it's smallest setting due to it's metal clasp. At the lowest setting, the watch was too bulky and unnatural feeling, so I had to return it. I think the watch is a pretty cool design, and I would recommend it for people with larger wrist sizes. But if you have small wrists like me, i would choose a watch with a more flexible strap.
on October 5, 2009
I recently purchased this watch because it was a great price (retail price is $120). Once the watch arrived, I realized that the band was partially metallic. While it looks very stylish, the back of the watch never rested against my wrist so it was not comfortable. I also became concerned about the band developing rust from sweating on it (I bought the watch to wear while running).

If you're looking for a multi-use Triathlon watch that is comfortable for running, go with the all resin band. I wore it for 15 minutes before calling it quits. I returned this watch the very next day.
on May 18, 2010
Watch looks very nice. Fit is ok. Need to wear a little loose because titanium band does not form fit to wrist. Other than that it is a great ironman watch. I wear it n the beach playing volleyball and at the gym.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.