Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 114 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 120 reviews
on June 25, 2014
to go. simple. no worry. no build up. I use it with several HRM triathlon Ironmen. or casios. the watch tightens it as you put it one. Done. minimal shifting if you tighten it correctly. definitely helps my way of biking as road bike for fitness. southern hot weather is ok. cheap enough price - no frills, basically what I desired and the rest is up to whichever timepiece I wrap around it, mostly for HRM exercises, as my other bar has a Sigma which tracks all my other biking data. experience level: Im an oldfart, go figure. Pro: unobtrusive and exactly fits as described purpose. makes it fun and inviting. no downsides. I dont have to rebuild or buildup anything. Cons: feels slippery until I read the directions, so the learning curve, as primal as it can be, is to tighten the watch enough. Recommendability: Yes. I would recommend to friends that are in my cardiac boat. Needed? it redundates my handlebar, but very much is a step up to see either of my Timex HRMs display appropriately, which gives a 5 star to this light, gizmo. happily. yes I would buy it again.
on August 7, 2014
As others have mentioned - 5 stars for the product, 4 stars for price. It is a little expensive for what it is, but it works well. It is a fairly stiff rubber that slips over bike handlebars. I use a 31.8mm road handlebar and it fits well. A little wide and difficult to fit in the spot between the bar tape and stem without disturbing the cable housing. I have put it over the inner end of the bar wrap and it works OK. Will probably stop wrapping the bars a little further from the center next time. I've been using this with a pebble (black) watch with OEM band.
on October 6, 2013
I purchased this to mount my New Balance GPS Runner onto my road bike handlebars. Nobody makes a bike mount for that GPS unit, so I took a risk and bought this one. It fits my GPS nearly perfectly and is very easy to take on/off. There doesn't seem to be too much shifting as I ride on relatively bumpy roads, but I suspect it might shake around more if you are riding a mountain bike on trails. I've been using it for four months and it hasn't broken yet.

If you have a New Balance GPS Runner, I would recommend getting this mount. I'm sure if you have a Timex GPS unit, it'll work even better.
on May 19, 2014
I started off running and got a Magellan Echo watch. Once I started biking I wanted a way to see the data as I rode. While I was shopping for the Wahoo RFLKT, I realized that I basically had this device on my wrist. That's where this Timex bike mount came in. Now I keep my phone in my pocket, and the watch sits perfectly where I can see it on the bike. Saved me $100.

Originally I had been upset with the color, but once the watch is mounted, the band is what you see instead of the mount.

Also, I hadn't read anywhere that the spaces in the mount are where you can route the shifter and brake cables. All in all, it was a great buy. Very satisfied.
on July 14, 2011
For several months I used a piece of one inch pipe insulation to mount the heart rate monitor on my bike. It worked fine for a while but began to compress, and rotate requiring readjustment several times per ride. The Timex Watch Bike Mount is simple, and it works very well, with no moving parts. Spread the opening for the mount and slip it onto the handlebar, then strap the watch / heart rate monitor to the mount. Adjust for good viewing and go for a ride. It stays put, and it works well.
on September 1, 2011
Very pleased with this mount! I've got a Polar RS100 heart-rate monitor and this mount fits it perfectly. The similar Polar branded bike mount requires zip-ties for mounting, which means it's a semi-permanent installation. The Timex mount is great in that it just flexes apart and pops on or off, so if you don't ride with the monitor all the time (or want to switch it between bikes), it's no problem. I'm using this with 31.8mm handlebars on a Cannondale Six carbon road bike, and the grip is just right (I don't have to tighten the wrist band on the watch too much, but I can imagine with smaller diameter handlebars, you might have to). Some of the other mounts at Amazon require a 'large' size for the thicker road bike handlebars, but this seems to cover just about every size. My only possible complaint would be that it might look better in black, as opposed to the vaguely military looking green, but it's mostly concealed by the watch and looks pretty sleek. I've now got a wireless Cateye speed/cadence computer on my stem, and the Polar HRM beside it on the handlebars when I'm seriously training, and the combo works perfectly.
on February 13, 2014
It's basically an over-priced piece of molded rubber. The thing is.....it works fine and it's less over-priced than any other option I found. No mounting screws or clamps so it's easy to move from bike to bike.
I'm not sorry I bought it for my heart rate monitor.
on July 11, 2011
I like this because it was super easy to attach and keeps my watch at a good viewing angle for monitoring my heart rate and elapsed time while I ride. The downside is that it took me several uses to realize that unless you have the watch at the absolute tightest setting -- and you have to give a good pull on the band to get it this tight -- it will eventually flop right off of the holder.

I've also forgotten to take my watch off of it a couple of times which caused my recovery stats to get messed up, but that's my own fault.

But since I figured out the sizing, it's been a great thing to have. Well worth the money.
on December 5, 2011
If you'd like an easier way to track your heart rate while you're riding your bike, this item is brilliant! You just place it around your handlebar, strap the heart rate receiver to it and go. Now you've got your heart rate in front of you, right next to the computer display. No more taking both hands off the bars to check your BPM on the fly. It's a one handed deal now and much safer and easier.
I would have given the product a 5 star rating except for the price. You're not getting much "stuff" for your money. It's like you're paying for the IDEA. I'd probably have an easier time with that concept if I thought the guy who actually had the idea was getting the cash, but I somehow doubt that's the case. Anyway, aside from my problem with corporate greed, I like the product.
on April 2, 2013
This little device works well on my mountain bike for when I don't want to wear my Timex heart-rate monitor on my wrist.

However, because my mountain bike handlebars are tapered, this unit can have a tendency to slide toward the smaller diameter portion of the handlebars, and then it and the watch flop around. I wouldn't let this discourage your from buying, however, as it's not as big a problem as it sounds.

Keep in mind that if you dismount your bike, you will likely have to pair up your wrist device with your chest strap, as both units need to be pretty close together to maintain a signal with each other.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.