Amazon Business Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Luxury Beauty March Birthstone Book House Cleaning animestrike animestrike animestrike  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Trade in and get paid instantly Tackle Any Terrain with Cycling on Amazon STEM

Showing 1-10 of 90 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 95 reviews
on April 6, 2016
No mention of Timex on the watch, face looks quite different, and NO COUNTDOWN TIMER which is why I ordered this specific watch. Without the countdown timer, this watch is useless for my needs. Very dissappointed.
on September 3, 2014
I like the color of the watch and the strap is really sturdy. When pressing the button to turn on the indiglow the light stays on for a few seconds then fades away.
on May 2, 2011
This is a great watch with a face thats big but not too big (unless you like watches with really big faces) I bought a Timex 1440 T5J561 last year and although it was a great watch I found the 40mm case diameter a little too small for a sports watch so I gave it away. This model T5K239 with a 44mm case diameter is perfect for me. I use it for running and the display is big for easy viewing. Its also light but not light enough that you forget that you are wearing a watch. Pls take note that the color of the band is not black as indicated in the description by Amazon, its actually dark/midnight blue(closer to the picture which makes the description and picture confusing) but the color still works for me. Also the letters for the days are really small so that I can't see them well even when I am standing still but its not a deal breaker. Great watch, great price. 5 stars in my book.
on January 15, 2015
So here's what you need to know. For $15, it does everything you need it to. It will tell time, the date, be a stopwatch, and light up in the dark briefly. The downside, and why it's not 5 stars, is because EVERYTIME you touch a button, except for the light, it beeps very loudly. Every hour it chimes loudly. I can't even use this as an alarm b/c it wakes me up near the end of my sleep. I don't even wear it out b/c anytime I touch a button I distract others. I wouldn't buy this again but it works so if you want a watch and don't care about a beep loud enough to wake you from sleep then get this but buyer beware!
on July 30, 2015
This purchase was a gift for my husband. He had worn a similar watch for years until recently the strap simply wore into two pieces. The watch has all the modern features without being so gaudy. It has a masculine look. It stands up to outside use, ie: moisture, hard knocks and the lens does fog up. My husband really likes this Timex watch, and he would recommend a purchase.
review image
on November 19, 2009
Excellent watch for the price...easy to use, two time settings, alarm is loud enough to wake you and light is excellent to view at night. Highly recommended.
on August 29, 2013
I bought this watch for my kids and it is a very nice watch. Looks really well and easy to operate with a very clear display and at an awesome price.

Only down side is that does not work well if your wrist is small, since it does not have enough holes. I actually drilled a couple more to fix it.
Everything else is wonderful
on October 31, 2014
Great watch for the price. Good size, and the indigo light for night time is very nice. All the features work as advertised. I would buy this again, but have a couple of thoughts for improvement:
1. For the countdown timer, you always have to set a number. I'd like it to remember the last number I set and start from there. Would save a lot of time for setting repeat timers for the same time.
2. Option to turn off the sound. My hearing is great at the high frequency it uses and my family and dog hear it before I do. It aggravates them and I wish I could just turn it off.
on February 15, 2015
Like another review, mine is not a Timex either. It only says "1440 Sports" and "WR50M" with no Timex indication on front or back. The date display also slightly differs from the picture on the listing. All that being said, it works fine as a sports watch. I like the larger than average face as well.
review image
on June 8, 2015
TL;DR: The 1140 is a well thought-out watch.

For every watch I've owned I like to set the strap to be just slightly loose. I'd rather have a watch slide around than leave an imprint/cut off circulation in my arm. For small, lightweigh watches like those tiny square Casios, they slide around a lot - which gets annoying. This Timex 1140 stays on PERFECTLY. The plastic silver body, along with the large 40+mm watch face, is about as wide as my wrist. There's no leeway to slide around, and I can stop cinching my strap too tightly. The double tabs in the strap keep the little strap buckle from sliding around as well. And it catches my arm hair much less than other watches.

The watch face is large and very easy to read. Its basic functions, like the stopwatch, worked fine as well. I like the fade-out of the Indiglo backlight; maybe it's a side effect of the wiring, or deliberately engineered? Either way, it's a nice touch. The watch is good, cheap ol' rubber/plastic, sure, but the black & matte chrome on top give it a very slight hint of style. I wouldn't be ashamed of wearing this watch amidst a bunch of Rolex'd snobs

Water resistance wasn't a problem, regardless of rain, sweaty bike rides, hot tubs, or swimming in a lap pool. I've only had the watch for a month, but so far it's great.

For the $14 I paid for it, this watch is hands-down the best I've ever owned.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.