Salon Beauty Kindle 10th Anniversary Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition $79.99. Limited-time offer. Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on February 25, 2016
Keeping in mind that I received this item yesterday (2/24/16), I absolutely love this watch. The reason I have so much confidence with this watch is because I've owned one other Timex similar to this one, and it served me extremely well and is still able to do so. First off, this watch is certainly aesthetically pleasing. The blue color around the face of the watch and outline in the band, goes really well with the black frame. It's just an overall nice looking watch. More importantly, the quality seems great. As I mentioned, I've owned a Timex expedition, which I've had for more than 2 years, and it's still working perfectly fine. The watch seems like it's put together very well and there's no loose or flimsy parts. One complaint that many people seem to have with Timex is the quality of their band. Unfortunately I'd have to agree, since the band on my other Timex that's still working like the first day I got it, cracked and broke and is only being held together by the nylon fabric on the other side of the band. You're not going to have that problem with this watch. It's a full nylon band with Velcro adjustment, for precise fitting. it feels extremely comfortable and you won't need to worry about the band cracking (although I'm sure there will be certain defects in a mass produced bunch). I will use this watch for work and running, and rarely plan on taking it off. Just to give you an idea, I also have a garmin gps watch that I love and obviously has more functions than this watch. However, the second I received this watch, I slapped it on and put my garmin to the side. This watch also looks amazing when you wear it. I'll update this feedback as needed, but I'm confident this watch will serve me for years to come, just as my other one has.
on November 12, 2015
My G- Shock was a little too big for when we switched to long sleeve uniforms for the season. I still needed a watch and looked for something sleek, simple, reliable and cheap. This watch is perfect for this! It has a low profile which allows me to wear it comfortable with my long sleeve uniform shirt on and of course since it is a Timex, it looks great. I am not accustomed to having a Velcro type of band but this thing is very comfortable and fits well. I highly recommend this watch.
on April 7, 2017
My husband uses this watch to time his splits when he swims. He likes the large buttons on that top that make it easy to hit the right thing even when he can't see clearly. This is his third Ironman watch in 20 years. They hold up well under constant use in chlorine and being tossed in a gym bag. When it's time for a new one we always look for an older model at a lower price point instead of getting the newest, state-of-the-art version because he doesn't need the extra whistles and bells. No instructions came with the watch so we found an easy to follow YouTube video to remind him how to set it.
on September 14, 2017
I have used Ironman watches for quite a few years. I love the product line. This watch has more features than I will use, but it is a tough watch. I am hard on watches by hitting walls, tools, tables, etc. My daughter bought me a watch for Christmas and in 8 months, I had beaten it to death. I knocked buttons off, scratched the crystal and finally without thinking, I put my hand (and watch) in a bucket of water. In my experience, the Ironman will not die. The other bonus for me is I have an 8 1/2 inch wrist. The watch band fits, barely, but it fits!
on April 6, 2013
This is hands down the best sports watch out there. The second ironman triathlon watch I have owned because the other got dropped in the ocean. The watch is indestructible. I was a Rescue Swimmer in the Navy and wore my old watch through (same model) blizzards, 120 degree heat, repeated exposure to salt water, bangs, a hammer strike (not intentional), a 9 story drop (again not intentional). The interface can be slightly difficult to understand but is pretty easy once you read the manual or Youtube it. After about a year of constant use I noticed the colored writing on the buttons was beginning to fade. The only problem with the velcro strap is the tip is a little large and is not the best to swim with because it frequently becomes loose and needs to be retightened (about once every 400-500 yards). If you are looking for a great all purpose sports watch this is it.
on March 27, 2017
I own a couple Timex Ironman watches and they've always worked fantastic. I've put them through hell and they've stood up to the tests. Probably the only bad thing is the bands usually wear out before the watch does.

Everything is easy to read, crisp and clear digital numbers and letters. The Indiglo is really tough to beat on some watches and the small face isn't a hindrance.
on January 13, 2017
I have been running with this watch for years. This is my 4th watch. They take a real beating but after around 5 years they are scratched up and It is nice to buy a new one. It times my runs. It has a lighted dial so I can see it in the dark.
on February 24, 2012
I had the more expensive Timex ironman with GPS and HRM for a few years. After what I would call normal use, the plastic/resin band failed. It cracked, then broke completely. To replace the band cost more than this basic watch cost brand new! I now have a GARMIN GPS/HRM watch for running/training etc, but I use this Timex as a sporty casual watch to wear and to ocassionally use at the pool while swimming to keep laps/times etc. Does great. Looks sporty and by far, by far, the velcro strap is the way to go (i put velcro on my garmin as well for running races, triathlons etc). Velcro more exact fit, lighter, more comfortable and if it fails, cheap easy replacement. I will not own another of the plastic band versions.

UPDATE: May 2012: This watch is indestructable. Great basic training watch and casual sports watch. Looks WAy more expensive than it really is. Can't go wrong for this price.
on August 27, 2015
My all time favorite watch! Has everything I need, and a few things I don't, but is still so simple to understand. Really is waterproof, Ive gone snorkeling with it on, I sweat all over this thing, and i wear it in the showers. the one I wear now I've used for two years, the one before that 6 months and I only replaced it because i lost it. If I wanted to buy another watch just to have diversity and switch them every so often I would just buy another one of these of the same color. I recommend it to everyone
on August 5, 2015
I bought this watch to replace an older Ironman I've had for many years. The older watch is still in fine working condition, but I'm on the third rubber strap replacement so I decided to go back to the Velcro band with a new watch that wasn't so beat up. The previous Timex has nearly 5K running miles, many hours in pools, and lots of salt water snorkeling with zero issues. I expect the new watch to last just as long.

The only thing I've noticed after about one week with the new watch is the side buttons can be sensitive and easily pressed. The buttons are slightly larger than the same buttons on my older watch but the new display has bigger numbers that are easier to see. I like the multiple alarms available (3) and the "occasion" timer for future event alarms. I'd read some people having issues with the fabric band getting caught on long sleeves, and I do notice a bit more things catching on this fabric band than with the rubber one, but nothing that can't be ignored. The Velcro watch band has the same proclivity to catch as the Velcro band for my RoadID but I'd rather have it than the gel band. I'd been using a black cloth hair tie on the old watch to hold the end of the gel strap in place for well over a year now. I'm much happier with the new watch and fabric band.