BCA Month Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment outlanders3premiere outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on September 21, 2013
A few things to consider - the actual dial is pretty small at about 25mm as you can see on the measuring grid. This makes the watch look on the smaller side. The yellow trim (on the one I got) is not as vivid as the main picture. It looks like the watch picture with the measuring grid. The indiglo light is not white - it is mid-blue, but still provides good visibility. Also, as the last reviewer noted, the display arrangement is a little different (maybe this is a newer or older version?) If the watch were a tad bigger, I would give it 5 stars. Construction seems solid. Overall a decent watch.

Update note - they subsequently removed the measuring grid picture that I refer to above. Just note that the yellow colors in the actual watch are not as vivid as depicted & the watch dial itself is not bright white as depicted.
on March 10, 2017
This is a great digital watch if you're looking for the basics in numbers that are easy to read. I'm nearsighted and, even with glasses or contacts, still have trouble reading small numbers on many watches. These are large enough to be very easy to read. The overall settings on this watch are simple and no frills...just what you'd expect for this price range. This is my second purchase of this watch. The first one had the band break after almost four years of fairly heavy use. For the price, if you're looking for a casual sport watch, this is one I can highly recommend and give five solid stars.
on May 27, 2012
Great watch for the money. Always been a fan of Timex. This is a fairly basic watch, but gets the job done! The time "stamp" is large and easy to see. Easy to wipe off/clean. Band is sturdy. I know this is a basic watch, but the only thing I wish it had was the ability to turn off the "beep" when you are switching between modes. This is a minor annoyance to me, but as I said the price is hard to beat for something that will last and looks good.

If you are a heavy sleeper, then this alarm probably will not work for you. I use it as a secondary/delayed alarm. If you need/want multiple alarms, this is not for you.
on November 27, 2014
Third 1440 version I have owned. I mainly like the LARGE digits in a fairly small watch, which means I don't have to put on glasses to read it (geezer eyes!). Also like the Indiglo light in the early predawn morning - mainly in my tent when backpacking or doing multi-day trail races like TransRockies.

Keeps on ticken' is totally true - EXCEPT for the resin band. 2 or 3 years later the bands and the end tab holder always start cracking. Was on an ocean cruise once when the band fell apart. Found I could actually sew the stupid plastic band back together and it lasted for another month (use black thread)! Basically a dumb choice of plastics on Timex's part (OR perhaps I am an alien from another planet with some weird acid oozing from my skin???) Bands falls apart consistently before the battery ever dies (going back to Timex models I bought long before the 1440's). When the band fails, I just buy a new watch and start all over with a fresh battery for essentially the price of a replacement band plus shipping & the installation hassles. Timex apparently finally has also solved the problem with one or more of the push buttons falling apart 1 or 2 years later too.

The 1440's are surprisingly inexpensive on Amazon. I still give it a full 5 stars because the technology per dollar is ultra awesome!
on January 23, 2014
I bought this watch specifically to be my new traveler's watch, and I must say that it's completed suited my needs. It does not have the countdown timer, as many people have noted, and I discovered that even though the product description says "T5K457 1440," and the plastic packaging it came on also said that, the product manual only says "W-292." Googling W-292 doesn't bring much up, but the product manual is dead on in terms of its features.

Also, the version I got looked pretty much like the product picture; just a little more dull to there not being a bright light shining on it all the time.

OK, so about this being a traveler's watch. Once it arrived, I immediately hopped in the shower (picture your favorite celebrity here*) to test out the water resistance, and sure enough there were no problems. There were also no problems when I took it into a cenote (I went to one that was basically a cave filled with water) in Mexico to go snorkeling. I wasn't quite prepared to take it on a real scuba dive, but maybe I'll try it out some day and let you all know.

The watch is very durable, comfortable enough to wear every day in rainy, humid temperatures, or while going for a jog. And the best part is then you can just hop in the shower (again, picture celebrity) to clean it right off.

The beeps the watch makes every time you hit a button can be a little annoying if you're trying to discreetly change the time or set an alarm in a quiet place, but otherwise they're nice as they give you auditory feedback that you did indeed fully press the button.

IMHO, the value of this watch is sky high.

*No, I'm not a celebrity. This was purely for your benefit.
on September 28, 2014
It's worth the money as a disposible watch. This is my 3rd 1440 since 2007 I use this watch for Military time on my draw samples in the Aircraft Industry. All of our records are in Military time and this one does the math for you when you put it in 24H mode. However this particular watched scratched much easer than the previous two and the face is about 25% smaller. I would buy another 1440, just not this particualr mode. But for 14 bucks, it gets the job done.
on April 22, 2015
I bought this for my 83 year old dad who likes very small, very plain watches and is resistant to change, especially when it comes to fashion. While the large G-Shocks are my personal sports watches of choice, this Timex worked out perfectly for him. I had Amazon deliver it directly to his house where it sat in his counter for two weeks until I came over. He wanted me to return it - "too big, too complicated" - but I refused, set the time and date for him, and told him to wear it just for a couple of days. That was a couple of months ago and he hasn't taken it off since. It is neither too big nor too small for most people (although it's a bit too small for me since I'm used to large watches). It's also very comfortable for him and he says the light works great when he wants to check the time in the dark. For the money, this was a great buy.
on December 4, 2014
I got this watch because the other Ironman watches were a bit too big for me. The size is great; it doesn't press against my wrist as much when flexing my wrist. The strap is fairly comfortable, too. I also really like the simple, uncluttered display. The watch itself looks nice enough for me. The features, however, are lacking.

I've had the watch for a few weeks now, and it's already pretty banged up just from knocking it on walls, handrails, tables, etc. The screen has a few nicks and scratches, and I'm starting to see condensation under the glass. It's definitely not shock-resistant. That by itself prevents me from recommending this watch for even slightly active people. As far as waterproof, seems fine in the rain and while washing hands.

The watch is also missing a countdown timer, which is a major annoyance.

I think I'll switch back to the bigger Ironman watches with better durability and functionality.
on June 23, 2015
This has been a very good watch for me. I've had it quite a while now and it still works fine. Nothing has broken off or deteriorated. The band is still very sturdy and has not come loose. The backlight is very good for seeing the time at night, and checking the time in the morning after you wake up from a good sleep - yes I do and have worn it to bed many times.. The only caveat is that the black coating around the buttons will wear off over time from wear and expose a white plastic underneath. It wont make the watch look too bad though, it doesn't bother me at all, the long lasting utility of the watch is what I am looking for - and it has filled that role admirably.
on May 8, 2015
I bought two Timex 1440 $16 watches at the same time. This one is not as useful simply because the information can not be read unless looking directly at it from above and in artificial light. The glass is too tinted. The Indiglo light only illuminates in darkness. Bright sunlight combined with the wearing of sunglasses makes it hard to see, especially when driving and trying to peek at the time without moving the hand from the steering wheel. Another characteristic to consider that is a feature of both 1440 watches that I bought is that the face is a convex window that feels really exposed when actively moving around and it clouds easily.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.