Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals HPC Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheTick TheTick TheTick  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Paperwhite Game of Thrones: The Complete Seasons 1-7 now available on Blu-ray and DVD Shop now TG18SW_gno

on January 11, 2014
For those of you who consider a watch a fashion accessory, forget this watch. If you simplly want something to tell time by, read on. There are five things you should look for: Price, Reliability, Durability, Ease of Reading Time, and Capability to Read Time at Night. You can't beat this watch price-wise. Shop around, and you should be able to get it for $35 or less. Timex has a small and a large version. Get the large version. It is a very reliable watch. Expect to change the battery every two or three years. $10 or so. I hate these stylish watches or chronometers that take you several minutes to discern the time. On this watch you see it instantaneously, plus you see the day of the week, the date, and the seconds, the numbers are clear and easy to read.. You even have stop watch capability if you want, plus an alarm. This watch has an indigo light for reading the time at night. Make sure when you initially set the watch up that you select maximum light time. I think it is 3.5 seconds. The light is bright, and you can easily get all you need to know, even under the darkest of conditions. Great watch.
on March 21, 2013
It has all the perfection of the 30-lap model but with a larger, better display and the same perfect fit and finish/build quality. To boot I also have very sensitive skin, so the 30- and now 50-lap are just about the only watches that I could ever wear constantly, 24-hours/day without any skin reaction whatsoever. I also love the alarms and easy-to-use chronograph functions. I especially love the orange band, which looks great and actually goes with just about anything (I worried it would be too loud, but the hue of orange is more muted in real life). After also considering the price, this watch is a no-brainer.
on June 19, 2012
I had my last Timex for over 8 years before it finally wore out, so when I wanted to get another one, I wanted a nice big readout for my aging eyes.
The band isn't that orange to where it is obnoxious. The buttons on the side are nice and big and VERY responsive when you press them.
The best thing is the readout. You can switch the large readout from the total time, or splits, which is great.
Great watch, great price!
on December 4, 2012
I bought this watch at the behest of my running coach. We use it on days when we're on the track to make sure my pacing is correct and steady throughout each lap.

Looks: I like the orange, it's bright and fun, and allows me to wear it out and not just when I'm running.

Use: It works exactly as you would expect it to. The display is large and clear (although if you like bigger watches you may want want to checkout the XL version). The buttons are easy to reach and press while running. One note about the buttons: they are intentionally meant to be not overly sensitive, so make sure you hear the beep when you press the split button for example, otherwise you didn't press hard enough.

I have no comment to make on the battery since I have not had it long enough.

Overall it's a great watch and I would highly recommend it.
on September 8, 2015
I compete in Iron Man events and my Timex watch travels with me. This is my second one the first one could not have the band replaced after many years of use, so I purchased my second Timex and it works very well in water, sun baking down upon us on the bike for many miles of training. It is truly a part of me although when I am sort of dressed up I do change watches.It serves a purpose and does it's job extremely well. As always I recommend Timex for it's price range and it's dependability. If you need a watch buy one you will have no regrets.
on July 20, 2016
Watch is still working great. I had to replace the watch band twice though Timex.com. Timex will replace the band for $10. Not a bad price. If you do send it in, make sure you write the RMA number down and attach it to the watch and order sheet along with the outside of the mailer box. I have read of Timex losing watches because people did not do this step.
on January 8, 2013
I am so pleased with this watch that I ordered a second one. In case they should discontinue this model I don't want to be without one. The numbers are large and easy to read. The band is made of a softer material than my last Times Ironman which allows it to conform to the shape of my wrist and is extremely comfortable. Not really happy with the color of the band, but it is a burnt orange and is not bright. Actually looks fairly nice, but if you need something "dressier" looking this watch is not for you. I have several more expensive watches, but this has become my "go to" everyday watch.
on December 17, 2014
it has now been just about 2 full years that I have been wearing this watch. At the time cheaper, but it is a great watch. This is the third "Ironman" I have owned, all three still work but the strap on one has broken. It keeps excellent time and I love being able to hit the button on the side to light up the face just for a few seconds. You can have you $500.00 + watches....I'll keep this one.
on May 18, 2013
Excellent, lightweight workout watch.
Large numbers are a plus.
Easy setup, and the various function displays cover most needs except heartrate.
on March 30, 2013
Excelent watch for its purpose. Fantastic for lap timing and no problems with water resistance or durability. My only complaint is that as a lefty, I wear my watch on my right wrist. As a result, during normal activities, I am always inadvertantly activating the "mode" button on the watch and changing the screen. Otherwise, I couldnt ask for more.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question