BCA Month Beauty altText This Week in Books Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on December 11, 2016
I've had this watch for almost 8 months now, and I love the idea of the design with the split band and I love the actual watch itself, with the clear display and nightlight feature. I use the stopwatch and the chime, but not really the alarms.

My gripe is that the case itself is really not very sturdy. I don't do sports. I just go about my daily business fixing computers and showering, and the case is incredibly scratched to the point where TIMEX IRONMAN isn't even readable in certain lights. The face is starting to pull away from the band. I originally had this in a beautiful bright blue, but the resin band picked up so much nastiness and couldn't be cleaned (even Timex customer support didn't have any tips) and the band can't be replaced--so I picked this black one so that the dirt wouldn't show.

I've started shopping around for a replacement...just in case this one spontaneously fails like other reviewers have noted.
on April 22, 2017
I have had this watch before. I was a nurse in a prison and needed the nearly all the functions this watch provided. I had it in the blue shade, as it matched my scrubs. This watch lasted about 4 years until the plastic strap just broke. The watch is still running but I could not see how you could replace the band, so I purchased a new one. I was going to switch back to the "classic" Analog with date and indiglo Timex but was having trouble finding one with the minute hatch marks in womens (mens would be far too large for my petite wrists) so I decided to buy the same one again, as I feel it's a good watch. This time I got the black so it's less conspicuous. The watch is still working. I have never changed the batteries. The band around the face was starting to pull away about a month or so ago, then last week the band (where I latch it) cracked one morning and by noon it had cracked from the other side inwards, making a complete crack, and un-usable. The good news is that this band and clasp area seem to be stronger than my previous watch, so perhaps this will last longer. I gave 5 stars because like I said, it was only the plastic band that did not last more than 4 years of EVERYDAY (24/7) use, the watch is still keeping time, and I still have not needed to change the battery. I may keep the old one as a timer/stopwatch until the battery dies and then I will update this review and let you know just how long the battery and watch actually worked! I highly recommend this watch.
on September 30, 2017
My daughter, 8, was so proud and in love with this watch. She chose it herself. She knew it's the most expensive option but she was really excited for all the features and the style. However, within two weeks exactly, the top right button got stuck in. (I gifted it to her while on a flight so we couldn't easily find the packaging by the time we got back from vacation.). So she stayed with it but she was so sad. (I told her it's super expensive and to just keep using it.) She loves knowing the time and so she still sounded joyful to declare what time it is all the time. A month ago, she came to me extra frustrated because more parts have broken off. The rubber on the sides just pulled away and the paint has rubbed off. She is not a rough kid. There is no logical explanation for the damage. She doesn't rub her arm against the wall and peel parts off! Yesterday was the real last straw. She took it off and declared she hates it and she's not using it. It frustrated her to try to keep it together. A watch shouldn't last three months. (It's too bad because her older sister had requested this kind as well.). The color of the watch used to be like in the photo. She just looked at the original and was shocked and no longer remembered that this used to be the color. I would have contacted the company first before leaving this bad review but I couldn't find a link to reach out to them. If they send me a new one, I will amend the review.
review image review image review image
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 19, 2013
I bought this watch for counting laps in the pool - just for fitness swimming. Today I took it out for the first time and it worked like a charm! It was comfortable to wear in the water, easy to use for lap counting, and it's still in perfect condition. After my workout I stored my laps and reviewed them later. So far so good!

As previous reviewers have indicated, the watch is really more Tiffany blue than mint green. I'm glad i knew that because I was looking for a turquoise watch not a green one.
on September 3, 2017
This is my second Timex Triathlon watch, replacing one I have used for six or seven years. The first one lost its waterproofing so some numbers are not readable, but it still runs. I use the watch primarily to keep count of laps I swim, dividing my workout into sets of 12 laps and knowing the expected finish time for each set. The Recall feature then allows me to log my times for the various activities. The buttons are easy to use. The display is easy to read, even for my myopic eyes and foggy goggles. (Note: a little pre-workout rinse with baby shampoo on the inside of my goggles helps with the latter.) This model can track and save multiple workouts which is helpful if I forget to log times in between workouts. Also, this model is lighter weight than my previous one, much appreciated when I'm executing that 1,500th stroke at the end of a mile swim. Affordable, easy to operate, reliable - recommended.
on November 19, 2009
I love the way the watch looks, and it works great, but the color is already wearing off the start/split button and the clear part of the face is scratched. Not a big deal to me, but might be to someone else!

UPDATE March 13, 2010: After 4 months, the face is starting to pull away from the band, leaving a gap where they used to connect at the top & bottom. It still seems firmly seated, but looks like it's falling apart, and I don't know how long it will last at this point. I'm changing my rating from 4 stars to 3.

UPDATE February 3, 2011: It hasn't fallen apart yet! I still wear the watch daily, but it's still got those gaps at the top and bottom of where the face connects to the band.

UPDATE April 1, 2011: Not even 18 months and the band disintegrated overnight. It literally broke apart in two different places while I was sleeping. The watch itself is still functioning, but since you can't just slap a new band on there I tossed it. I won't be buying another, and I'm downgrading my rating again. While I do wear my watches 24/7, with the exception of water activities, I still expect them to last at least a few years.
1313 comments| 102 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 24, 2013
Thanks to reviews here, I ordered this watch knowing that the fragile strap would probably break before the watch itself stopped running. But I wanted a good looking lap watch for swimming and was willing to take the risk. So:

(a) I was surprised to see in the Timex instructions a warning not to press buttons under water. Hmmm. So you need to raise your wrist out of the water to hit your lap. That seems like poor design for a swimmer's watch.

(b) The little loop that holds the free end of the watchband has an interesting design. It has a little plug on the inside designed to fit into an oversized hole at the very end of the band. A nice idea. In theory it would keep the end of your watchband from flopping about. But in fact, the little plug makes it very difficult to feed the strap through the loop. It is an obstacle. I had to flip the loop around (ironman logo facing wrist) to be able to feed the strap through easily. I have thin wrists so I will probably trim the floppy end off.

(c) The light grey watch seemed the most attractive, but after 10 days it is already getting grungy looking. A dark color might have been a better choice.

I need a watch so I'm not sending it back, but I am disappointed.
on September 18, 2014
For the most part, I really like this watch. I've purchased many Time Ironman watches over the years. The feature I find most useful on this watch is the multiple alarms that can be set based on day. I've got a couple jobs so it helps being able to set those rather than resetting an alarm clock. The only feature I don't like is the stopwatch because sometimes while it's running, my wrist must flex and push the stop button because at the end of whatever activity I was trying to time I look down and it's stopped. The reason I'm only giving it two stars, though, is the Indiglo feature. This is the second Timex I've purchased where the backlit face has stopped working within 3-4 months of purchase. I'm extremely nearsighted and I can't see a clock at night, so when I wake up I check my watch. It may be a weird habit, but it's what I do. Having this function break so quickly for $50+ is frustrating. I don't think I can still return it, so I'll give them one last shot and buy another. Hope it works out better.
on April 19, 2015
I love this watch. The color goes with any outfit and I love the features of the Timex ironman watches such as stopwatch, lap, and dual time zones. The indiglo night time backlight feature is very convenient. I have had two other of these in different colors because they were less expensive, but this time I splurged for the gray and so far I am glad that I did. My only complaint (with the previous ones) is that the band tends to break after any significant amount of bending because it is plastic. I am trying not to bend the band on this one to avoid this problem. Overall, it is a great watch.
on May 31, 2016
It's a throw away watch...this purchase was to replace one I bought last June. .first the little band to keep the strap closed broke...I hobbled together a makeshift wire alternate. ..finally the strap mysteriously split one day last week so I researched a replacement band to discover a new watch would be a more cost effective option!
My purchase arrived in 2 days...perfect shopping experience! !
I need the ability to read the dial in the dark and the last Ironman did fine in the few ocean or pool swims I had last year ( I read that you can't push buttons underwater as it breaks the seal)