Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop STEM Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Despicable Me 3 available to buy Despicable Me 3 available to buy Despicable Me 3 available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now HTL17_gno

on February 27, 2015
EDIT and UPDATE. This watch broke after about 4 months. I don't know what happened my kid was using it and now it's broken. I would gladly pay double for a watch that didn't break so easily.

Old part of review-
I am a watch guy. I have a lot of watches, some are expensive name brands and some are cheaper brands like Fossil.
My daughter is turning 5 this year and I thought, I need to get her a watch. I didn't want some digital thing with pop-cartoon characters on it.
This one fit the bill and the price is very good. I was glad to see that it is waterproof. The quality is much better than I would expect for the money.

I love that the numbers are clear and easy to read and the hands are obviously different. She is still learning to tell time so the high contrast is a plus.
This is well built and I am sure it will last a long time.
The box is not much of a presentation box but then again with the price I didn't expect a nice gift box, so that went in the trash. I will put the watch in a different box when I give it to her.
on June 4, 2015
It's a cute watch that fits my 10 year old perfectly. The band was a little stiff at first (as most are) but is not any longer. It keeps good time so far. My only complaint is that it is NOT an indiglo. My daughter was disappointed, but not enough to send it back.
Update: Well, the watch stopped working about two weeks after I wrote my first review. Took it into Sears repair and asked them to replace the battery. They told me "sorry, we don't repair kids watches". Found a way to replace the battery myself and so far, so good. Bummer that they sell a watch with such an old battery, maybe the reason it's so inexpensive is they're selling "old stock".
on October 6, 2015
I ordered this watch about 6 months ago. My 7yr old totally LOVED it. She especially loved that it glowed when she pressed the button in. Well, she dropped it and the glass broke so I ordered her another one right away. Exact same item number and everything. She was SO excited when it arrived...it looked the same, fit the same....but this time it does not glow. :( It's not that the glow is broken but it functionally does not have the ability to glow. We were both very disappointed that this feature has been changed. We returned it.
on May 11, 2016
My sister gave me a watch like this. I loved it because it fit my small wrist AND because I could check the time at night with the illuminated dial. I wasn't sure if this watch had that feature but in 1 of the reviews, it had a picture of it. I told my daughter that was what I wanted for a mom's day gift. But when I got it, it was already set and running. So I don't know how long the battery will last. Also, there was no illuminated dial on it. As far as just the watch is concerned, I love it-easy to read, band that fits, etc. I didn't return it bc I needed the watch and the price was right. I was just disappointed in the way it came.
1 helpful vote
on November 12, 2016
My daughter was very happy to receive the watch, but it was losing significant time within a couple of weeks. Moving on to a Casio, which hopefully has better quality control.

I can't believe a Timex could be this bad. "Takes a licking and keeps on ticking"...NOT. I mean, it's ticking; it's just not keeping time. Which is kind of the whole point of a watch.
0Comment|Report abuse
The description of this watch conflicts with the product. It says in the ad that it's not water resistant but it IS, according to the writing on the face of the watch. One of the primary features that we were looking for in this watch for our daughter was the Indiglo feature and the ad says that it has it but it does NOT (the face of the actual watch didn't say Indiglo but another Timex that we bought for our son does say it.) We sent it back for a refund because it was missing this key feature and Amazon handled the return perfectly (emailed a UPS label to us/free shipping on the return & immediately credited the watch cost even before we dropped it off @ The UPS Store. Now THAT's customer service! Now they just need to get the ad copy right on this one!)
on November 4, 2015
Pretty... but the battery died almost right away. A new one was was sent to us & died shortly afterwards. We replaced the battery and it still did not work. Disappointing. We're going with a different watch next time.
on May 12, 2016
It was a birthday gift to my daughter. She loved it so much. It was pretty at the beginning. However, after 1 month, the whole face got scratched and it was no longer clear and clean look. My daughter still wore it everyday until 8 months later, it suddenly stopped working completely. I wish it would at least last one year so that I can purchase another watch for my daughter.
on December 13, 2016
Great little watch, fits me (an adult) just fine and the price is excellent. My only complaint is that the band is very stiff so it doesn't sit super comfortably on my wrist. I'm hoping once I "break it in" it will feel more comfortable. It does NOT have "indiglo" - a light in the face (I was misinformed that it did, I think an older version of the same watch did have that feature).
on February 19, 2017
Warning! This watch has changed. I purchased this watch a couple years ago. Due to the low price, I decided to replace it rather than try and find just a band for a children's warch. I went through my previous orders so I could purchase the same one. BUT it isn't! No Indiglo! That was one of the reasons I liked the watch so much. I came to the product page and now see others have the same complaint. I think it is incredibly shady to change product features and still keep the header on the page saying this is the product I purchased.
1 helpful vote