|Price:||$28.97 & FREE Shipping. Details & FREE Returns|
|You Save:||$31.03 (52%)|
- Round watch featuring Arabic hour markers, 24-hour time on inner dial, and date window at 3 o'clock
- Also features INDIGLO nightlight
- 40 mm case with mineral dial window
- Quartz movement with analog display
- Buckle closure
- Water resistant to 50 m (165 ft): In general, suitable for short periods of recreational swimming, but not diving or snorkeling
Black Friday Deals are here
Save on select clothing, shoes, jewelry, watches, and more. Select styles and sizes. Prices as marked. Shop now.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Timex Expedition Scout Collection
Rugged, water resistant and adventure-ready watches.
Sometimes you just need a trusted companion who's up for anything. This well-crafted update to the classic field watch gives you twelve or twenty-four hour time settings, date and a distinct arrow second hand. Everything you need and nothing you don't.
At a Glance
- Classic Outdoor Design
- Genuine Leather & Durable Nylon Strap Options
- Metal Cases in 40mm & 43mm Diameters
- 24-Hour Military Time Markings
- QuickDate Window at 3 o'clock
- Indiglo Light-Up Watch Dial
- Water Resistant to 50 meters
Sometimes you just need a trusted companion who's up for anything. The Timex Expedition Scout Watch is a well-crafted update to the classic field watch with twelve or twenty-four hour time settings, date, and a distinct arrow second hand. Everything you need and nothing you don't.Buckle close strap..Matte case finish..Case Height: 11 mm.Case Lug Width: 20 mm.Case Width: 40 mm.Case Material: Brass.Crystal/Lens: Mineral glass..Full Arabic dial markings.Quartz analog watch movement..
- Product Dimensions: 4 x 3 x 3 inches
- Shipping Weight: 4 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- ASIN: B00YTYI35W
- Item model number: TW4B019009J
- Batteries: 1 Lithium Metal batteries required. (included)
- Date first available at Amazon.com: August 8, 2015
- Domestic Shipping: Item can be shipped within U.S.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- Average Customer Review:
|Brand, Seller, or Collection Name||Timex|
|Dial window material type||Mineral|
|Case diameter||40 millimeters|
|Case Thickness||11 millimeters|
|Band length||Men's Standard|
|Band width||20 millimeters|
|Bezel function||24 hour time display|
|Special features||includes a seconds-hand, Water Resistant, Luminous|
|Item weight||3.84 Ounces|
|Water resistant depth||165 Feet|
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1. Look at the dial—white arabics with inner 24 hour arabics on a black background. Clean, timeless, easy to read.
2. Look at how nicely they integrated the date window into the 24 hour ring. They could have just slapped a white date wheel under there, but with the choice of black, the dial is so beautifully balanced. The date is instantly available if you want it, but otherwise if just disappears.
3. At 40mm the case isn't exactly vintage proportions, but it doesn't look unusually large on my 6.5 inch wrist. Believe me--I am hyper sensitive to oversized watches. This watch looks really nice on the wrist, and I think it would work well for most wrists.
4. The large crown really adds to the vintage vibe.
5. The strap is fine. I bought the tan version because I didn't want the yellow seconds hand of the olive strapped version. While the tan strap is comfortable, the color doesn't look good on me (according to my better half). No worries. At 20mm, the world is your oyster. A quick change to an olive zulu band solved my problems. I really think buying the tan strap version is the way to go just for the white seconds hand. I think the olive strapped version has a grey finish to the case as opposed to the brushed stainless look of the tan strap version. You may like that look. I think it's cool, but I'll gladly give it up to lose that yellow seconds hand.
6. Ticking volume has been fine. I briefly owned a Weekender that ticked very loudly. This one is much quieter. Not as quiet as my nicer quartzes, but I hardly notice it ticking on my wrist. It seems to get louder when it take it off and out it on a table.
7. Lume on the hands is decent, but I haven't tested the duration yet. But with Indiglo, I guess I don't care.
Highly recommended if you like field watches. It's very classic looking. I looked down at my wrist the other day and thought, "Man, that looks good. Some designer at Timex really has a passion for classic field watches." And then I thought, "Oh, yeah, what time is it?" (You have to be a bit of a watch nut to relate to that one.)
Additionally, this particular Timex does not have the loud audible Timex "ticking" like the Timex Weekender. If you hold this one up to your ear, you'll can hear the faint tick, but the tick is so inaudible that even in a silent room you cannot hear it on your wrist. The date window is really small, as you can see in the picture, but for those that don't like date windows this Timex's date window is not obtrusive. Indiglo is a nice feature, but unlike my weekender, pressing and holding for a couple seconds doesn't leave the Indiglo on for a couple seconds longer. Not a show stopper.
I ordered the 40mm and think its a good size- compared to my Timex Weekender, the entire weekender covers the face of this watch. When Compared to my Seiko 5 Sport, this Timex is clearly smaller and wears like its a 38 or 39 mm. The band size on my 40mm Timex is a 20mm for those wanting to swap out the bands. For $40 bucks this is a fantastic field watch and if you can get cheaper, it's a steal!
I'll also mention the fact that this watch actually ticks; so if that's a bother for you, you won't like this watch either.
Luminescent dials and indiglow (both pictured)
Band is shorter than the lower priced Unisex weekender, but of better quality.
Both this watch and the weekender have an audible tic...
How loud? Can hear it when at a red light in the car with the music off, hand on the steering wheel. May be a deal breaker for some.
Size is 40mm, slightly larger than the weekender but not big enough to be either an obnouxoius salesman watch or a kids watch. Good size (I'm 6'1, 200lbs, looks masculine on me).
Be careful which model you choose as they all vary in:
Color of second hand
Color of face
Color of band
Color of date windows (black on white or white on black).
Also, the date window is TINY... legible but not from afar. If you have issues with close up reading this also may be a deal breaker for you.