Lyft Industrial Deals Enlightenment Now Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon counterpart counterpart counterpart  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18PP_gno

on November 24, 2016
I'll start by saying that if you want a great looking, solidly built watch with a few cool features, this piece is worth it. I get plenty of compliments and love the way it looks. The temperature is a cool, and fairly useful feature, particularly for camping and other outdoor activities. Though obviously you cannot wear it for an ambient temperature reading. I have concerns as to the accuracy of the compass, however. It seems to me that it is usually 3-6 degrees off, which makes it somewhat useless for orientation. I have a good deal of experience in using a compass for navigation, and I can say confidently that this compass just isn't good for more than finding general cardinal directions. That said, it's not terrible, just mediocre, and the computer controlled hand is really cool. In another review someone mentioned it is difficult to read time - I find this to be very true when using the indiglo at night. This is my first watch with a leather band, so not sure how I feel about it. Love the look, but the watch tends to slide to one side of my wrist, which I suspect is due to the stiffness of the leather. All in all, I'm quite pleased with this watch, and happy I purchased it. If the compass was within 2-3 degrees accurate, and not 3-6, I would have given it four stars.
on April 15, 2016
The band on this watch broke off after four months of light weekend use. I cannot recommend purchasing this product. At this price point I did not expect the reliability of a Rolex but I have owned $20 Casios that have been more durable and lasted longer. Additionally, the features listed either work poorly or are difficult to use due to the poor quality of the instructions.
on December 28, 2012
This is really a cool watch. It is really handsome and has nice features like Indiglo, tide, compass and temperature.

The compass is accurate and it works only when you press the compass button and it displays the magnetic north (fourth hand red arrow) for about 20 seconds after which it returns back to tide/temp mode this way saving the battery.

The thermometer is pretty accurate(need to subtract 5 to 10 deg - this gets added by body heat). To measure ambient temperature accurately you need to place the watch on a table for couple of minutes.

The tide tracker requires regular setting, as the watch doesn't have GPS or any way to receive this data to display it.

Durability wise, hard to say it has only been a month, but so far so good.
on January 8, 2013
This watch looks very sophisticated and is made to create a strong impression. It has a very versatile design that goes along with your casual or party wear, or any attire. My friends look at my watch standing perplexed seeing all those needles and crowns. And I nonchalantly move my hand to give them a better visual perspective ;) Few of those who asked me out of astonishment were quite enthralled when I demonstrated them the features.

The functions are pretty handy and works exactly as described, if you know how to use it. Here is the USER GUIDE for this watch - assets.timex.com/user_guides/W225_M314/W225_M314_NA_EN.pdf

PS: The watch compass comes calibrated so you need not calibrate it, unless required.
on July 30, 2013
Good watch. Have not really put it through it's paces but does what I need it to do. I use it to orient myself on roof slopes for inspections. It is off sometimes up to 10 degrees, but I don't calibrate it every time I go up. As long as it gives me generally N, S etc I am good.
Temperature is also off by 10 to 15 degrees (body temp) depending where you use it.
Tide don't use.
Telling time is a little confusing at certain times due to the indicator hands, but probably will get used to it.
Watch is big and I hit the main stem and turn on the Indiglo when working with my hands (wrist bent). The leather strap is also a little of a struggle to get on and off. Would prefer the metal barrel bracelet but they want crazy money for that. Can't find it anywhere on line to buy replacement.
Overall I am happy.
on April 7, 2017
Great looking watch,
The metal clasp for the belting part broke and the band itself is too sturdy, no give. Not the most comfortable.
on June 18, 2017
Very nice looking well built was a great father day gift
on February 16, 2015
Great everyday wear. Feels comfortable and not to heavy. Only downside is the natural leather band stretches out over time effecting the fit.
on June 2, 2015
I bought this for the tide function and its sporty appearance. Then I found a stainless bracelet that fit nicely, looks a little better than the leather band, and is more convenient for putting on. It's a big, hefty watch, but it has received a number of compliments--usually followed by surprise when someone learns it's a Timex.
on August 11, 2015
A true classic in look, function and style. The band is very very comfortable. The function for time, compass, temperature and tide is highly desirable and useful. The overall styling can be dressed up or down---received many many questions and compliments. Outstanding purchase.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.