Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Timex Unisex T49660 Expedition Classic Digital Chrono Alarm Timer Blue/Gray Fast Wrap Velcro Strap Watch
Amazon Vehicles Fall Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Britney Spears Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Shop Now

on February 17, 2011
I wanted to buy my 11-year-old son a watch that wasn't covered in cute animals or Lego pieces. Most of the children's watches are just childish. So I thought to look for something a woman might wear and hope it's small enough to fit him well. This has been a great watch for him. It's not too big, the band adjusts easily to his wrist and he can quickly loosen it or tighten it, if he wants to. It's got a timer and an alarm, which he doesn't use much but he has no trouble understanding them. He's very happy with it and now his little brother wants one.
on October 2, 2013
This watch is AWESOME! My 10 year old son loves all the features...timer, alarms etc and he was able to set it up all on his own without help from Mom and Dad. This watch became a permanent feature on his wrist...until...it fell off while swimming at our lake cabin. He was so distraught. We bought him another just like it. Almost TWO MONTHS LATER his aunt was swimming in the lake and dove down to get a golf ball the kids saw at the bottom. When she came back up she had his watch in her hand...and it was STILL WORKING! They're not kidding when they say Timex can "take a licking and keep on ticking"! Now his little brother has the same watch (the replacement we had bought when the first was lost).
on August 23, 2014
My 9 year old son really likes this watch. He has smaller wrist and I wondering if this was going to fit him and it does just fine. He wore it in the pool a couple of times and no problems with being in the water.
on January 29, 2016
I've owned several of these over the years and find them highly reliable, easy to read and virtually indestructible. I often go swimming while wearing my watch without ever noticing any damage to the watch. The batteries also seem to last for at least a few years, so it's well worth the $32. Actually it's the Timex T47852 watch I've owned previously, but it's identical to this one except for different casing and dial colors. The dial on this one is "bluer" and easier to read, so I got this one this time. I'm attaching some photos showing the face in different light angles and with the Indiglo function.
review image review image review image
on February 23, 2015
My son loves this watch. We looked and looked and finally settled on this Timex Expedition Mid-Size- it was perfect for our 10 year old son. We went through a couple iterations of "kids" watches and they just didn't last. This watch has held up through swimming, basketball, baseball, and general rough housing without a scratch.
- This is a good looking watch that is not too big on my son, or my wife who borrows it on occasion.
- Built like an "adult" watch vice the child watches we had tried in the past.
- Easy to read with a backlit face to make it easy at night.
- Intuitive settings- my son can set and change the alarms and the time zone on his own.
- The band is tough and soft- very comfortable with a Velcro strap that is easy to get on and off and to adjust.

Very happy with the purchase and my son really appreciates adult features and design in a "kid" sized watch.
on June 15, 2009
I'm a guy but I don't like those large, cumbersome watches for men, so I decided to buy an Expedition/Unisex at Target. I couldn't find the Unisex model so I tried the Expedition. Except for the colors, it's the same exact watch. So if you can't find the Unisex model, get the women's Expedition, nobody will know the difference.

So far it's been excellent and I expect it to be very durable because my old Timex Triathlon lasted approximately 15 years, maybe even longer. I changed the battery twice during it's lifetime, isn't that incredible.

Anyway, back to the Unisex/Expedition.

1. The wristband isn't fancy but it's very light and comfortable.

2. I like the design and small size of this watch, for me it's perfect. The numbers are easy to read and it isn't large and uncomfortable like most men's models. I want a watch, not a clock on my wrist.

3. Figuring out how to set the date and time was somewhat tricky, but once I did, it was relatively easy.

I've only had the watch a few weeks and so far I love it. In fact, even my girlfriend likes the way it looks and we rarely agree on the appearance of anything.
on November 13, 2008
I've been a fan of sports watches for more than 10 years but prefer fabric watch bands/straps, as opposed to rubber straps/bands. This is the best watch of its kind by far. It's not my first Timex but they have improved the features. The best new (at least to me) feature is the Indiglo button being in addition to the usual 4 buttons to change mode, set, etc. As with prior Timex watches of this type, it has 2 time settings--great for travelers or just daylight savings time changes. I especially like that it has 3 separate alarm settings and each can be set for daily, weekdays, or weekends. With the addition of the Indiglo button, setting time and alarms is simplifed and quick because there's plus/minus buttons, as opposed to having to roll around to get an earlier hour/time. This is a great watch and a good value for the price. I am still waiting for my free baseball cap which was supposed to be part of the deal.
on April 30, 2009
Very lightweight, easy to set the time. The timer is a bit more complicated to use, but I've found that to be an issue with all Timex watches. I have really skinny wrists, so the velcro wraparound band is a bit big and snags on some of my shirts, but that shouldn't be a problem for most people. My last Timex survived 13-14 years of abuse, so I'm hoping for similar results with this one!
on August 8, 2014
I purchased this for my son's 13th birthday. He absolutely loves it and has onl taken it off when he's gone to the beach. It is easy to set up and take on and off. It is a smaller size watch and perfect for him and exactly what I was wanting.
on September 13, 2015
I bought this to replace another version of the watch (the one with the smooth metallic looking bezel) which I had for about 12 years. For my small wrist, they're both perfect. Tells time accurately, looks sporty yet not too casual, easy to use and set, inexpensive. Indiglo night light is great (quit working after about 10 years). Available in several colors, so for any adult with a small wrist, it's my top recommendation.