Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Timex Unisex T2N648 "Weekender" Watch with Purple Nylon Band
Amazon Vehicles Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Gemini Syndrome Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer power_s3 power_s3 power_s3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports

on September 29, 2011
I love this watch! I needed something that would keep the metal back off my wrist, so this seemed perfect. J.Crew sells several $100 - $200 versions of this Timex. I have no idea how they are selling any when you can get this nearly identical version for less than $30. This watch has a pretty large face. I would guess it is 1.5 inches across. I have the purple watch band, which I love, and hope to purchase some of the cute J.Crew bands that they come out with - if they fit (I don't see why they wouldn't). Super cute watch!
on November 15, 2011
I purchased this watch for my 91 yr old mother. Her last watch was not working, and could not even be wound.

I had previously purchased her the (not the one I just referred to) a Timex "Easy Reader" watch. However, despite the name of that watch, THIS watch, the "Womens' Weekender" has a much larger face. The face is 38mm and the "Easy Reader's face is 25mm. ( Timex Women's T2H341 Easy Reader Black Leather Strap Watch 25mm dial face).

I think Timex should consider reversing the names of these two watches!

The purple strap for the Weekend watch (there are several colors) is a DARK purple, not bright. It almost appears black.

Main thing is my mother loves it. Or, as she put it: "For the first time in two years I can read the watch!"

The strap fits well. She has small wrists, and the strap does not look inappropriate, in my opinion. It has enough holes for the watch to be placed where she needs it, and it is not too large, doesn't slide around on her arm. Nor did I need to cut off part of the strap so that it would not appear far too long.

I would suggest Timex make available a leather or faux leather band, but not discontinue the current straps. Some people prefer the leather appearance on the watch. The current strap is a soft, light material, and the entire watch is not too heavy or clunky as some are.

I have to say we're both very happy so far with the Weekender Watch.
on November 12, 2011
I love this watch. The face is very large and numbers are easy to read (even without my reading glasses). I also like the fact that it lights up with the push of a button. The band is perfect, even with my small wrists. I intend on purchasing more bands in different colors.
on January 9, 2012
This is a fun watch that I wear on the weekend & for casual Fridays. I like the size & weight of it. It's a nice mix of sporty & feminine. The cloth strap is comfortable, but already has frayed a bit around the clasp "holes." (That's why I'm giving this a 4/5 stars.) I put some clear nail polish on the little bit of frayed cloth so hoping that will hold up. But I'm still very happy with this purchase and have gotten many compliments! Very happy with the price and would buy this again or for a gift.
on November 27, 2011
I ordered this watch as a gift for my wife and she has enjoyed it ever since she first put it on. Although the face is larger than other watches she wears, she says it feels light, fun and easy to wear. She likes the way it lights up so well in the dark and the large face is easy to read. It's an excellent watch for regular daily wear. It's a Timex, so you know it will keep the time well and stand up to activity.
on December 13, 2011
I was looking for a watch that had a larger face (since that is what is "in") but didn't want to spend over $200 to test out this trend -- this watch is perfect! I had a Timex + Indiglo when I was a kid and absolutely love this watch. It is retro while still being extremely cute. I am a tiny gal (100 pounds) and found that it wasn't TOO overwhelming on my small wrist. It is large don't get me wrong, but it isn't TOO large.

I am actually going to buy the pink watch so I can have both strap colors + with a price this low, why not?
on January 8, 2014
There are two weekender purple watches. They appeared the same except this one had more of a plum colored strap, but when I received it, the face is much larger than the ones I had seen in the stores--larger than a standard sized men's watch face. I have a small wrist and this is just too big for my comfort. Unfortunately, I didn't read the return policy and it is not worth it to return it. I will hold onto it and regift...disappointing. Now to order the other one from a place it can be easily returned for a full refund;-)
on July 17, 2014
I am starting nursing school and am so excited to have this watch! It has military time, water resistant, indiglow light, second hand, and is very easy to read. I was a little concerned about the nylon band because it will eventually break down and hold moisture and germs, but a lot of the reviews I read said it is easy to clean (can put it the washer machine if you have one of those mesh bags and hang dry). I like the idea of being able to change out the band later on if I get tired if this plum purple. I'm a 5'4" 130lb female and this watch fits me perfectly. Not too big not too small. I was concerned b/c some reviewers said it's the same size as a men's watch, but that's not true. This watch arrived at my house via USPS extremely fast! I live in Hawaii and I received the watch in four days!!!! Kudos amazon prime!!! It does have a loud tick tick tick, something a lot of other people have already pointed out, but again... it's $32! Just take off your watch and leave it at least 10ft away from you at night. Very please with this watch so far. Aloha!!

Update: I've had this watch for a month so far and although I think it is a tremendous value for the price I do have one complaint that is kind of a big deal. The second hand does not line up precisely with the lines and so taking blood pressures and ect was a bit tricky at first. I am considering another watch now.
on January 17, 2012
I am addicted to watches, not because I love them so much but because I can never seem to find the right one. Looks like I've found it! The strap is ridiculously comfortable and the face is large enough that I don't have to squint to read the time. The watch itself is light as a feather and the purple strap is lovely. If you're looking for a casual watch...this is it!
I ordered two of these Times Weekender watches - one with an olive strap, and this one with a purple strap. Please note: I already posted a review on the olive one, so naturally these two reviews are very similar:

PROs:
- I like the overall style of this watch. The size of the dial, the clearly and easily readable numerals, and the Indiglo function that lights up the entire dial.
- Light-weight and comfortable on the wrist, I especially like the flexibility of the nylon strap.

NEUTRAL & CONs:
- Quality of the materials: The crown and the metal parts of the strap are of questionable quality at best. VERY light-weight and in case of the crown it feels like it might fall off easily if not handled with a lot of caution. Turning the crown to set the time is something to be undertaken with care. The hands don't respond all that well and it just feels very cheap and flimsy, to me reminiscent of gumball machine quality. This was the case with both watches I received.
- The band lengths seem to be a bit random. Both the olive and the purple straps are tagged as "Unisex", yet the purple band is about 1.5 centimeters shorter than the olive band...
- The second hand on the olive strap watch is red which I personally prefer over the somewhat plain black second hand on the one with the purple strap.
- Makes a noticeable ticking sound. I kind of like it because it goes with the retro feel of this watch but I can see where it might be bothersome, especially at night when it ticks away on the nightstand - as another reviewer stated: Placing it in the drawer is recommended :-).

SUMMARY:
While this is overall an appealing watch, I will return the purple watch and only keep the olive one. I simply prefer the red hand and the longer length of the strap. Because of the really cheap crown I cannot give it more stars as this is an integral part of a watch. 3.5 stars if this were available and 5 if the materials used were better. I for one would be willing to be pay quite a bit more for this style in better quality.