Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning ballerss3 ballerss3,
image-map-link=rect  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite uncharted Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 4,440 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 4,943 reviews
on March 26, 2013
It's hard to find a more stylish watch for the price. Looks similar to the "Timex Military Watch" being sold at J. Crew (although not as "vintage"), but at one-fifth the price. Although I've only owned the watch for a few weeks, it has kept time perfectly. It's nice to see such a low-priced watch with the hands aligned correctly (i.e. second hand is aligned perfectly with the marks around the face, minute hand is properly aligned based on position of second hand, etc.). Also, the Indiglo feature on the watch is another nice bonus.

However, as other reviewers of the Timex Weekender series have noted, it is loud. You won't notice it on your wrist, but it may be an issue if you try to sleep with it on your nightstand.

You can easily find a number of NATO straps on amazon or elsewhere to make the watch endlessly customizable, or, as I prefer, you can buy the Timex ZULU straps which are made for the watch here at amazon or at Target (which I've found to be more substantial and easier to switch out).

Overall, a great value and a very stylish watch. Highly recommend.
on March 20, 2017
As a long-time Timex wearer, this watch was a great purchase. I usually always wear an ironman digital watch for the pure durability and functionality of it, but I decided to try something with a little bit more refinement to it for a more casual, slightly dressed up look in my day to day wear. The weekender is solid, looks very nice, and I like the indiglo feature on the entire watchface. It's very easily readable.

The biggest must-have for any watch for me is it has to be comfortable enough for me to wear it the entire day without noticing it on my wrist at all unless I'm looking at it. The weekender definitely achieves this as it's one of the most comfortable watches I've ever worn.

My only gripe I have is that the nylon NATO-style band that comes with the watch is of pretty flimsy quality - the edges are slightly frayed and its just a simple, flat band. I would have liked it more if the edges were at least stitched to prevent the frayed, fuzzy look and it had a little more thickness to it. That is my only gripe at all with this watch.
on September 3, 2015
For the price, this is a pretty impressive casual weekend watch. The sizing is nice, the metal has a good chrome-like shine, the watch face is clear and simple; NATO band is really solid and the indiglo is a nice touch as well. Definitely looking forward to ordering some different bands for this.
The only drawbacks: the 'seconds' hand is not centered to the minutes and the watch ticking is one of the most loud I've ever encountered. But for $20 - can't complain!
review image
on March 21, 2017
I've gotta say, this is a nice, basic, professional looking watch. There's nothing fancy about it, no bells and whistles. But, if you seek a sleek, non-bulky, solid watch, then this is it. I purchased mine via Amazon (packaging was bad). But, the price was right ($29). I got the blue/yellow band, which is a little narrow but not feminine (I'm a guy). The numbers are good sized, the watch is NOT loud (like some reviewers say), and the band can be switched out easily for many others. One thing I really liked was it's easy to wear under a buttoned dress shirt sleeve.....other bulkier watches require sleeves to be unbuttoned and look sloppy. Not with this watch! So I'd recommend it if you're looking for a watch to wear on a hike or in the office, and one that evokes subtle style and a neat appearance.
on May 9, 2017
I bought this watch mostly due to price and looks, as I was just looking for a watch for casual use and business casual. The watch looks sharp, I like the fact that it isn't big and bulky like so many mens watches are these days. The way the strap is configured is excelent, instead of the pins holding the watch on the strap together, they hold each side individually, meaning that if 1 pin breaks, the other will still hold the watch to the strap instead of the whole thing falling on the ground.
The strap is the one weak point to this watch, the material doesn't seem to hold up to much, I only took it off a few times and it was already fraying pretty bad. I didn't worry about it to much, as I had also ordered several 5 ring nato type bands in different colors.
on July 26, 2017
I've had several different watches. I hated just about all of them. I grew up during the cell phone revolution, so I was privy to usually ignoring the watch. However, the watch is a fashion addition now. With the easy removable strap, the colors are easy to change for your attire. Some watches have weird font, or strange shapes. This is nice, classic, simple, clean looking. Something I was perhaps ignorant of when purchasing, if you push the dial pin in, there's illumination of the watch face. Pleasant surprise.

Con: The ticking is louder than some watches. It's not as loud as typical wall clocks. But on your wrist at your waist, if there's no other sound, it is plenty audible. Placing my hand above it in the air, the sound is significantly muffled.
on May 1, 2016
The Weekender is a simple, unassuming watch. I like it quite a bit. The band is soft, yet seems durable enough that it won't fray on the sides anytime soon. I do hope the holes on the band don't stretch out with extended use, though. In wearing it less than a month, it seems the typical hole on the band I fasten the watch with is starting to stretch.

The size of the watch, for me, is just right. The face is about an inch and a half wide. This was a great in-between sized watch face--not so small as some women's watches that it loses it purpose of being easily readable, but not so big that it is obnoxious or at risk of getting stuck in a jacket sleeve. I've included a photo just for proportional size reference--my wrist is seven and a half inches around, which most consider small.

The olive colored band is neutral enough that it doesn't run the risk of clashing with most of my clothing. I like that I have the option of getting other watch bands, too. I'll probably pick up a few in the near future, but the quality of the aftermarket bands seems questionable based upon the Amazon reviews I have read thus far. I mention this in case you were looking for a watch that has lots of readily available band options, as I thought initially. You might look a little further, first.

The last thing I will mention is that the operation of the second hand, in quiet settings, is easily noticed. I like it's steady ticking, but my wife, sitting a few feet away on the couch, for example, has remarked that it is "loud."

Overall, it's a great, simple watch. And for it's reasonable price, I wouldn't hesitate to buy it again if I were to break or lose it.
on March 24, 2016
I just received this times weekender today and first impression is pretty good. Not a bad watch at all. The construction seems decent, though I will say that the strap feels a bit on the cheapish side ( but what am I supposed to expect for a watch at this price) as the holes for the buckle pin seem to already be fraying slightly just from trying it on a few times today. It's most certainly easy to read. It was dead-easy to set like most cheaper Quartz watches with no day/date complications. The indiglo feature is a bit disappointing compared to what I expected, but I can't necessarily fault times for me having high hopes. I had hoped that the white numerals would glow brighter than the rest of the dial, but the light from behind the face basically just allows you to see the silhouettes of the hands against a uniformly-glowing background. It should be easy enough to get used to. There is also a slight ticking noise that is audible in a super quiet room, but it's really not terrible.

Overall, I kinda dig it as a serious kind of beater watch. Like... A 'don't mind having it on my wrist when crawling around on pavement working under vehicles' kind of beater. I like it, but I wouldn't feel too bad if it got dragged across pavement or dirt, or dinged around a bit while working.
review image review image
on May 15, 2017
I'm going on a long hike this summer, and won't take my cellphone. No Kindle, no email, no connectivity at all.

Haven't worn a watch in 20 years.

Still need to know what time it is, though.

I liked the look of this watch online, $30 seemed reasonable, so I ordered one.

I set it to my iPhone, and after 4 hours it is on to the SECOND.

I like the actual look of it even better than the pics.

I'm happy.

Edit: 2 weeks out, still exactly tracking iPhone, to the second. 9 seconds different, with no adjustment. Dead silent too. For $30?! Amazing.
review image
on April 20, 2017
I'm a little surprised I'm only rating this three stars because I've wanted this watch for a long time. But now I have it, and it's been a mixed bag.

It looks great, exactly how I expected. Good casual look with strong design principles. The face is easy to read both during the day and at night (thanks to the backlight) due to how well-designed and clear it is. I like the olive nylon strap even though I'm normally not a NATO guy. So far, all of this lives exactly up to my expectations of the watch. Let's go to the negatives.

First, this is a loud watch. It's the kind of watch where you can hear it ticking away in the next room. I can't have it in the same room as me at night otherwise I seriously can't fall asleep. This isn't an issue when you're out and about because it'll fade into the background, but for instance, I'm going to a movie tomorrow night, so I'm not going to wear this watch. Again, not a huuuuuge deal or anything, but it's something to note for sure. I don't need a whisper-quiet watch, but the volume level here is louder than what I feel should be acceptable for a watch maker.

Second, my second hand doesn't actually align with the second markers. For maybe 30 seconds out of a minute, it snaps to the next marker dead-on, but then the next 30 seconds, it's kind of haphazard and it's tough figuring out what second it's on precisely. Another thing that's not a huge deal, but I tend to get a little neurotic about stuff like this so when I pay attention to it or somebody points it out, it bugs me a little. It makes me wish I had put in a request for a replacement in time, but now my return period is up and there's not much I can do about it.

So yeah. It's a great watch overall especially for the price, and the design certainly lives up to my expectations, but the flaws here are admittedly a little deflating. The second hand problem I'm sure is just a manufacturing problem with mine and not a common issue, but the second hand ticking so loudly is probably across the board.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.