Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 124 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 129 reviews
on June 6, 2013
I bought it for my clinical rotation, where they don't allow cell phones. The face is huge and that took some time for me to get used to [and I have small wrist], but overall, this is a nice watch and has a preppy look to it. As gadget and high tech prone as I am, I am starting to appreciate the simplicity of this watch, which is just that, a watch. It does nothing else other than keeping time, no more, no less. It does tick loudly, however, I am using the loudness as a reminder not to waste even a min of my day. This was the pick between Jcrew's $150 model, and I am pleased with the watch and the price I paid for it.
on September 14, 2013
This is a nice watch for casual outings. The straps are colorful and the bright white face are bold and noticeable. It even has an indiglo light so that you can see the time in the dark. I really like this watch.

You can also buy different straps for this watch to go along with different outfits - it's almost like buying a new watch altogether at a fraction of the cost! And if you call Timex, you can have them send you the strap from any Weekender watch they have on display on timex.com (and isn't available by itself) for around $10. You should therefore buy the cheapest Weekender watch for your desired face color (there's a white, gray, and I think a cream face) on Amazon, and then call up Timex and have them send the strap you want (if the strap itself isn't already available for purchase online). I think it actually works out cheaper that way or at least comes out to being the same price, but with two straps instead of one.

Anyway, this is a fun watch to have. Enjoy!
on August 8, 2015
I used this watch on a recent trip to snorkel and spearfish. After extensive and repeated submersions in salt water, fresh water, pools, and even a hot tub, the watch never missed a beat. I saw no corrosion or rust and the backlight worked every time. Highly recommend!
on January 10, 2013
This watch had been on my wife's Christmas Wishlist since last year, so I assumed she really liked the style. Purchased it for her for Christmas this year, and found I was correct. She wanted an inexpensive watch with a casual style that she could wear with anything, from bluejeans to just shy of formal. And of course, Timex is timeless.... I purchased the watch with the blue/red striped band, which is great with her jeans and red barn coat. However, the band is easily removable/interchangeable, so I bought another band of a different color combination, more suited to khaki's, to stuff in her stocking, just for variety. She dug it. Color combinations for straps are numerous, so finding the right one shouldn't be difficult. Watch itself is a Timex...tough to go wrong there. Reasonably priced, so if it does eventually go south, you're not out a wad of bills. All in all, a satisfying purchase, and according to my wife, a good gift.
on March 24, 2014
First let me say: The watch looks fantastic. It's fashionable, and clearly displays the time. The wristband looks good, is very adjustable, and uses a simple but effective system of "clamping" onto your wrist.

However, the spring-loaded-rods that hold the band to the watch are a little flimsy. One snapped off when I snagged the watch on my shirt. It worried me for a second, until I realized I could just snap it back in.

The title of "Weekender" is perfect for this timepiece - it is a casual watch for the weekend. Although, that said, I'm wearing at work as I type this review. It just looks so good...

Well worth it - just be careful with the spring-loaded-rods.
on December 3, 2012
I don't notice the watch being loud like others have reported. If I put it up to my ear I can hear the ticking but it does not keep me up at night, maybe I'm already losing my hearing at 29 years of age. The band is small, so if you have a fairly thick wrist you will need to purchase a different band. I would say mine are slender for a man and I have only 2 holes available on the band to make it larger.

All in all I really like the watch, I wish it was a little bit larger but that's my fault for not measuring the diameter before purchasing. Great weekend watch for less than $30 you really can't go wrong.
on August 25, 2014
This has been a great edition to my humble watch collection. It looks and feels great. The belt was the perfect size and the color was perfect. The picture does a great job. Definitely glad I made the purchase. It goes great when I just want to look casual around town.
on September 21, 2016
this watch looks great, feels great, and is great value.

indiglo comes in handy.
on July 9, 2015
My husband bought this watch to use while his other watch is getting repaired. This Timex is classic and cool and my husband is very happy with how it looks. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is bc the "indiglo" function doesn't work! Kind of a bummer, but ultimately not a big deal for him as he can always check the time on his phone, if necessary.
on February 26, 2015
The watch looks great, and the customizability is fantastic (you simply need to pull out the band and slip a new one in if you want to change the band color), however, this watch is much too loud. At first, the "ticks" were muffled enough (at least to me) that I could sleep although the ticks were still there. Eventually I got into the habit of pulling out the side knob so that the watch would effectively turn off so that I could sleep, or stick my whole arm under the pillow to muffle the sound, and even then, the noise still kept me up.

As I continued to own the watch (this was my second Timex weekender) the noise simply kept on getting louder for whatever reason, may it be the battery or just the parts inside getting slightly worn down. After about a year, it came to the point where I had to retire the watch. Trust me, if you're the kind of guy that never takes off your watches, THIS IS NOT THE WATCH FOR YOU. If you don't mind recalibrating your watch every morning because you had to pull out the knob the night before, then this may be the watch for you.

If you study in quiet rooms with your watch, or read a lot, you will definitely be able to hear it and it will completely fill your ears with its ticking. Even while eating lunch I have been called out on my ridiculously loud watch. Trust me on this one, and I have owned two of these watches-- it is simply not worth it. As a Timex user my entire life, I am most likely going to turn to Seiko to take care of me for a bit.