Timex Unisex T2P1459J "Weekender" Bright Green Slip Thru Nylon Strap Casual Watch
- Made in USA and Imported
- A vibrant nylon strap combines with a clean white face to offer a fresh approach to punctuality with Weekender from Timex Women's.
- Quartz movement with analog display
- Protective mineral crystal dial window
- Features include Indiglo night-light, green nylon slip-thru strap, 24-hour time, polished silver-tone mid-size case
- Water resistant to 99 feet (30 M): withstands rain and splashes of water, but not showering or submersion
Customers who bought this item also bought
A vibrant nylon strap combines with a clean white face to offer a fresh approach to punctuality with Weekender from Timex Women's.Quartz movement with analog displayProtective mineral crystal dial windowFeatures include Indiglo night-light, green nylon slip-thru strap, 24-hour time, polished silver-tone mid-size caseWater resistant to 99 feet (30 M): withstands rain and splashes of water, but not showering or submersion
Timex Group B.V. is one of the best-known American watch companies. Timex's U.S. headquarters are located in Middlebury Connecticut and it has substantial operations in China, the Philippines and India and full scale sales companies in Canada, the UK, France and Mexico.
The company began in 1854 as Waterbury Clock in Connecticut's Naugatuck Valley, known during the nineteenth century as the "Switzerland of America." Sister company Waterbury Watch manufactured the first inexpensive mechanical pocket watch in 1880. During World War I, Waterbury began making wristwatches, which had only just become popular, and in 1933 it made history by creating the first Mickey Mouse clock under license from Walt Disney, with Mickey's hands pointing the time.
During World War II, Waterbury renamed itself U.S. Time Company. In 1950 the company introduced a wristwatch called the Timex. Over the next three decades, Timex was sold through a series of advertisements which emphasized its durability by putting the watch through "torture tests," such as falling over the Grand Coulee Dam or being strapped to the propeller of an outboard motor, with the slogan "It takes a licking and keeps on ticking." With the help of former Olympic broadcaster, spokesman John Cameron Swayze, sales took off. The company later became Timex Corporation, then Timex Group and, to date, has sold over one billion watches.
The company has remained very competitive and the Timex brand continues its dominance through present day. Its primary market remains the United States and Canada, although the Timex brand is sold worldwide due to its ability to capitalize on its strong brand image and reputation for quality.
One of the most successful and important features available on many Timex watches is the Indiglo backlight system. Indiglo is a brand name of Indiglo Corporation, solely owned by Timex for licensing purposes. Timex electroluminescent lamps, branded Indiglo, were introduced in 1992 in the Ironman watch line. They were an immediate success. The Indiglo lamp uniformly lights the surface of the Timex’s watch dials in a manner that makes the dial read very easily in many different light settings. In some newer watches the Indiglo backlight only lights up the numbers, rather than the entire LCD display, which is achieved by means of a specialized film that inverts the LCD transmissivity.
Today, Timex Group products are manufactured in the Far East and in Switzerland often based on technology that continues to be developed in the United States and in Germany. With a large and varied line of watches, Timex has the style for everyone. From the locker room to the board room, there is a great Timex style time-piece for you.
- Product Dimensions: 3.5 x 2.5 x 3 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.6 ounces
- ASIN: B00B2I14TK
- Item model number: T2P1459J
- Batteries: 1 Lithium Metal batteries required. (included)
- Date first available at Amazon.com: February 13, 2013
- Domestic Shipping: Currently, item can be shipped only within the U.S. and to APO/FPO addresses. For APO/FPO shipments, please check with the manufacturer regarding warranty and support issues.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- Average Customer Review:
|Brand, Seller, or Collection Name||Timex|
|Dial window material type||Mineral|
|Case diameter||38 millimeters|
|Case Thickness||9 millimeters|
|Band width||20 millimeters|
|Special features||24-Hour Dial, Arabic Numerals, Light|
|Item weight||1.60 Ounces|
|Water resistant depth||99 Feet|
Top Customer Reviews
I love the classic look of the face and apple green is just brilliant. I bought additional bands on ebay to
combine colours with my look. I have to say I love it, it brightens up my day and makes me feel great.
Good for office, work and leisure....I recommend it !!!
Had issues with the the color of the band like others, I got an olive band meaning the band was tampered with, the seller was teely's
I reported it to amazon, the band should not be tampered with, amazon was kind and quick to help.
Be warned of two things.
1. It says water proof to thirty meters. It's fine in the rain and to wash your hands, but if you swim with it, even in shallow water, it will get water inside and fog up (but still work).
2. The second one I ordered, which just came, still had the cool lime green second hand but the watch came with an olive drab band, not the lime green one pictured.
I love that the second hand is the same bright green as the watch strap........love it.....love it!