Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon victoriaS2 victoriaS2 victoriaS2  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18PP_gno

on April 3, 2017
I am very conflicted about how to rate this watch because I absolutely love the way it looks. The issue however is that it is too big for my wrist (likely because it is unisex and I am a small female.) I wanted this watch for months and finally ordered it and was so excited but when I put it on the strap came way past the second metal loop and stuck out on to the watch face. On most other watches I have owned, the second metal or leather part that is used to hold the strap down is movable and can be adjusted based on how much excess strap there is. This watch has fixed metal loops however, which means that there is a good inch and a half of strap that is not held down.
I sort of solved the problem by tucking the strap back through the loop an extra time but this makes the strap feel very thick and stick out really far.
I wanted this to be the perfect watch so so badly but my wrists are just too small for it to fit nicely.
review imagereview image
22 comments| 20 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on November 12, 2012
How much I love this watch. I saw it in a watch display at a sporting goods store and I was mesmerized. Watches are so specific, usually too sporty, too xtreme, too bulky, too plastic, not classic enough. This watch defines what a perfect watch is to me. The watch band is amazing, it feels like silk and fits well. As cheaply made and generally crappy as the last Timex watch I bought was, this one makes up for it in spades and the fact that it's so inexpensive (mine was more at the fancy store) makes me want to buy back-ups for the future where watches are rationed because time is slipping away.

***Update to three years in the future. The second photo is the same watch, worn daily, battered and beaten, with a new band (I forgot why) two batteries later. Still ticking. If these are ever discontinued I will buy ten.
review imagereview image
55 comments| 322 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on May 22, 2017
Hi all, just wanted to share my thoughts about the watch after wearing it everyday for the past year. Honestly, with nearly 5000 reviews of the watch, the watch speaks for itself but I love the watch and it deserves an in-depth review.

Pros:
-It's a quartz movement so it'll keep time much more accurately than any mechanical watches. I generally need to adjust by a few minutes every couple of months or so.
-I've abused this watch (banging against walls/desks, dropping it on the floor, submerging under water, leaving it out in freezing/scorching weathers) but still runnin like a champ with the slightest of scratches on the glass
-Indiglo has been useful to light up the watch face in the dark
-Timeless design makes it easy to dress up or down

It has some Cons:
-Quartz movements are battery powered which means you'll have to swap out the batteries every few years and you'll probably want to get it serviced professionally (especially for the faint-hearted)
-Quartz movements also mean that you'll have to get used to the classic timebomb "tick" of the second movement hand. If you have an apartment room as small as mine, you'll hear it all night long.
-Probably wouldn't go too deep in the water
-Polish is not very good and somewhat uneven (but it might be from the aforementioned abuse)
-Included nato strap frays easily (see pictures) - probably within the first month but i've learned to live with it... Until I ordered a new one just now.

With all that being said, I'd HIGHLY recommend his watch to anyone who wants a no nonsense cheap watch that keeps accurate time and looks classy. I own 2 mechanical watches but I feel that I have to be extra careful of my surroundings (especially here in NYC) to avoid bumping into a subway turnstile or a construction scaffolding.

That's it. It's probably the best $30 i've spent this year other than maybe the totes umbrella which lasted over a year here in NYC (which is amazing).
review imagereview imagereview imagereview image
on January 10, 2015
I love this watch. The fact that I can easily change the band to one of a different color or pattern, or change to a different style of band, makes this watch very customizable to your mood or what you are wearing for the day. I will say that this watch IS a unisex watch as the face is a bit larger than most women's watches have. I took some measurements of the watch that I felt were missing in the description.

The crystal, or glass, and face is 1 1/4 inches across.
The body of the watch, not including the crown (the knob/button you spin to set time and press to activate the indiglo night-light) is 1 1/2 inches across.
The band itself, which I found to be pretty true to color, a merlot/burgundy, is 10 1/2 inches long from the inner lip of the buckle clasp to the end and 3/4 inch wide.

The indiglo night-light turns on when the button, or crown, is pressed, and goes off when the button is released. The light is a pale blueish-geen.

Yes, there is a ticking sound but I don't find it to be any louder than any of the other watches that I own.

The second hand, which looks matte gray in the photo, is a shiny silver in person. It matches the body of the watch.

If you decide to shower while wearing this watch or it happens to get wet, the band IS fabric and may take a little while to dry.

This watch has a stainless steel back and when its time to replace the battery, requires a CR2016 cell or button battery.

I hope that this review helps anyone interested in this watch.
on May 4, 2015
Update: I had pretty much decided I didn't like this watch, that I would just wear my seiko 5,then the other version arrived. The one with the leather band. It is nicer in every way! It makes less noise though still loud, the watch face is much bigger, and it feels heavier? A little confused. No clue why they are different sizes. When I looked at customer pics it looked big but when I got mine it was too small to be stylish but then I got the other version, spend the extra 20 and get it instead I think. It also has lil second indicators on the face.

It kinda sounds like a bombs about to go off.. Like seriously..... I got a seiko 5 at the same time. I think it's worth the extra to get the Seiko but only time will tell.... See what I did there? The presentation sucks, paper box with lil plastic watch stand like what 5 dollar watches come in. I really like the watches style and KABOOOOOM!!!
review image
0Comment| 37 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on September 23, 2015
I love the classic look of this watch and had to own one. Unfortunately, I had to return it because it's a ticking time bomb! I kid you not when I say the ticking sound is UNBEARABLE! At bedtime I tried sticking it in my nightstand to no avail. I couldn't sleep because all I'd hear is TICK TICK TICK TICK. So, I placed it in a drawer in my master bathroom and no joke, TICK TICK TICK. And this is in the bathroom about 20 feet away. If you're out and about in the daytime, you'll hardly notice it, but good luck trying to sleep with it anywhere near you. I do love the design but can't stand how loud and cheap it sounds.
on May 9, 2017
I bought this watch mostly due to price and looks, as I was just looking for a watch for casual use and business casual. The watch looks sharp, I like the fact that it isn't big and bulky like so many mens watches are these days. The way the strap is configured is excelent, instead of the pins holding the watch on the strap together, they hold each side individually, meaning that if 1 pin breaks, the other will still hold the watch to the strap instead of the whole thing falling on the ground.
The strap is the one weak point to this watch, the material doesn't seem to hold up to much, I only took it off a few times and it was already fraying pretty bad. I didn't worry about it to much, as I had also ordered several 5 ring nato type bands in different colors.
on September 11, 2015
The watch hands were out of sync when I got them (e.g. when the minute hand is at "12" the hour hand is between numbers - I've attached pictures demonstrating this), making this watch little more than a pretty paperweight. I'll be returning this product. Just a heads up - it might be better to buy from a store, where you can check the alignment of the hands before purchasing.
review imagereview image
0Comment| 53 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 1, 2017
I bought this as a gift for my son. He loves it and so do I. It's a real nice looking watch. The indiglo light is terrific.

Update: I needed a watch for myself and since I had already bought this for my son and was familiar with it, I bought it for myself as well.

I wear it 24/7 and only take it off to shower. The strap has not frayed nor has the finish worn. I've owned it a year now and I don't think I've ever needed to adjust the time. Some have complained of the loud ticking but I haven't noticed it more than once or twice this past year. Every now and then I remove the band and wash it to keep it clean. I've recently purchased a stainless steel band for it to dress it up a bit. When it arrives I'll take a photo of it.

I love this watch. Large face, Second hand, military time, indiglo light, sturdy band, great finish, and real nice looking.
on August 21, 2017
I alternate between pretty butch and femme styles and wanted a watch that would look confidently professional on medical rounds. I was concerned that this watch would be *too* big for my 5.5" wrist, but for my style it's perfect.

At this size, it's easy to get many other kinds of bands, including a nice leather one (shown in one of the pictures.) I like that I can change it up easily, and even quickly dispose of a band if it gets blood on it or something.

Maybe not for everyone, but I hope these pictures can help other people with petite wrists order with confidence.
review imagereview image

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.