Timex Unisex T5G271 Ironman Traditional 30-Lap Black/Blue Fast Wrap Velcro Strap Watch
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Indiglo® night-light
- 100-Hour Chronograph with Lap and Split Times, 99-Lap Counter
- 100-Hour Countdown Timer with Stop and Repeat
- 30-lap memory recall for effortless review after workout
- Water resistant to 330 feet (100 M): suitable for snorkeling, as well as swimming, but not diving
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Keep your sports training focused with the mid-sized Timex Unisex T5G271 Ironman Traditional 30-Lap Fast Wrap Velcro multi-function, performance sport digital watch, which features a 30-lap memory recall, all-day Indiglo® display feature, top pusher for easy access to lap and split times, black resin strap, and silver-tone resin top ring within a black case. Sport timing features include a 100-hour chronograph with lap or split option, 24-hour countdown timer with countdown/stop and countdown/repeat functions, and 99-lap counter. It also features daily/weekday/weekend alarms with 5-minute back-up, two time zones, built-in setting reminders, and water resistance to 330 feet (100 meters).
The Indiglo® night-light uniformly lights the surface of the watch dial using patented blue electroluminescent lighting technology. It uses less battery power than most other watch illumination systems, enabling your watch battery to last longer. The Night Mode feature allows you to illuminate the Indiglo® night-light for 3 seconds with any button press, regardless of the mode or function.
Keep your sports training focused with the sporty, petite-sized Timex T5G271 Ironman Triathlon multi-function, performance sport digital watch, which features a deep green Indiglo night-light as well as the hands-free Flix Indiglo activation system. It features a durable black and silver resin case, large buttons for easy access to timing functions, and a nylon Fast Wrap strap (with Velcro fastener). It also offers a 6-year battery life, water resistance to 100 meters (330 feet), three alarms, and three time zones. Sport timing functions include:
- 100-hour chronograph with lap or split option in large digits
- 99-lap counter
- 50-lap memory recall
- 24-hour countdown timer with countdown/stop and countdown/repeat functions
- Forward or backward setting
- Built-in setting reminders
- Top pusher for easy access to lap and split
This watch incorporates the Timex Flix system, which activates the Indiglo night-light with a simple flick of your wrist. To activate FLIX, put the watch into Night-Mode by pressing and holding the Indiglo night-light button 3 seconds until it beeps. With the watch in Night-Mode, a forward "flick" of the wrist with a sharp "stop" will activate the Indiglo night-light for three seconds.
The Indiglo night-light uniformly lights the surface of the watch dial using patented blue electroluminescent lighting technology. It uses less battery power than most other watch illumination systems, enabling your watch battery to last longer.See all Product description
- Product Dimensions: 3.9 x 3.9 x 2 inches
- Shipping Weight: 2.4 ounces
- ASIN: B000AYTYNK
- Item model number: T5G271
- Batteries: 1 Lithium Metal batteries required.
- Date first available at Amazon.com: February 14, 2009
- Domestic Shipping: Currently, item can be shipped only within the U.S. and to APO/FPO addresses. For APO/FPO shipments, please check with the manufacturer regarding warranty and support issues.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- Average Customer Review:
|Brand, Seller, or Collection Name||Timex|
|Dial window material type||Acrylic|
|Case diameter||34 millimeters|
|Case Thickness||11.75 millimeters|
|Band width||14 millimeters|
|Special features||Light, measures-seconds|
|Water resistant depth||330 Feet|
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The watch itself disappointed me a litlle bit. I bought it for my 12 years old son, thinking in my former Ironman. The features were exactly the same and hope it will last for many years also. But is aspect is much more "plastic". I've chosen this model cause of the central key to start the count down, and the velcro strap, very useful and confortable when racing optimist boats.
I'll give it to my son as his birthday present, next month. I'm sure he will like it, because he always wanted a watch like mine, but less bulky (it's a "unisex" size, therefore smaller)
Now, with just 6 month of wearing it, the silver finish has almost completly gone, the velcro strap is not reliable any more. and some small drops of water appeared inside. I won't buy it again
- Easy to read, customizable layout.
- tons of splits (more than enough for an Ironman triathlon; taking a split for swim, t1, bike, t2, and each mile of the marathon)
- Very waterproof; I do all my swim practices with it! It even held up with a cracked face (my fault).
- VELCRO! I love the comfort of the cloth and the complete adjustability of the sturdy velcro. Plastic wristbands are uncomfortable IMO.
- Long battery life. You will lose this thing sooner than the battery will die (lol). My 2nd one lasted over 4 years.
- Compact design, great for swimming
- Fabric wristband can be uncomfortable to some.
- Doesn't float in lakes (lol)
From a triathlete's perspective, this watch is everything I need it to be. And it's cheap enough that I didn't freak out after losing it twice. I wear it all the time. I race and train with it every time. I even have a watch tan from wearing this thing so much. Great product, great price.
As this is a replacement for my current one (my fifth or sixth now), I can't say much more than I buy it because I only can some of the features (multiple alarm options, three different time zone settings - which helps with keeping track of time when dealing with family and friends in different time zones) in a single relatively low cost watch in this one.
As with all prior ones, the main issue I have with my current (heading for the trash heap soon) Timex Ironman is the cheap band loop (atop of the watch in the picture). If one is rough on the watch, it will tear relatively quickly. Unfortunately, it is not replaceable or repairable, hence my large number of watches I've gone through.
This semi-frequent breakage (3 - 4 years is a good life span for this watch in my possession) brought my rating down to 4 stars. Overall, the watch functions are 5 stars, but the band attachment on the top needs work by Timex.
Also, the Fast Wrap on these watches cannot be changed (or only with great work). So far, I never had to change it, as the other part(s) break first.
A last issue with this watch is that the buttons eventually become difficult to push and often refuse to respond to pressure. SOMEtimes cleaning the gap between housing and button helps, but more often, they get stuck and quit.
Nonetheless, for my rugged lifestyle, it is a great watch and I will come back and buy another eventually. Just wished this had the FLIX feature. .