Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Big & Rich Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 665 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 718 reviews
on November 11, 2013
I received this watch in the mail a few days ago, complete with instructions manual for Timex watch model W-292 036-095000 NA. On the surface it looks OK- similar to other real Timex watches I have owned, but a few red flags made me take a hard look at this watch and determine that it is actually not a real Timex. Among these: Nowhere on the watch- not on the front, back, sides or band does the the watch have a TIMEX brand mark on it. Instead, it is marked 1440 Sport in 3 different places. Curious, I went to the timex website and entered in every possible combination of the product serial numbers I could find. Including the ones on the watch, in the written materials and on the Amazon website. These included the model number listed, the 1440 Sport, the W-292 number the the 036-095000 etc. Nothing came up on any of them. I then looked to see if i could find a picture of it on the official site- again nothing even close. So dear reader, this is a fake, which would explain both the cheap price and some of the negative reviews around the waterproof issues etc. I haven't dunked mine in water yet so i can't comment on it, though I'm pretty sure it won't hold up. However, I do like the look of this watch and the functions seem to work and it was super cheap (hence the 2 stars). Plus, even my "real" timex watches don't last that long, so I will see how this fake one does in comparison. But buyer beware, this is a fake- and not even a good one.
on June 25, 2013
I bought this watch for my 7-year old son so I didn't want to spend too much money, but I also didn't want a cheap watch that wouldn't hold up to the rigors of childhood. I looked at children's watches and most looked to be of cheap quality or would be embarrassing to wear as he got older or had no features other than telling time. Honestly, though, my main criteria was that it had to fit without looking too large and had to be water resistant so there wouldn't be too much concern if he got it wet. This watch seemed to fit the bill.

To me, the watch looks nicer in person than online. The red on the sides of the face is more of a metallic maroon than red. The band is a grayish brown that's translucent. You can kind of see it in the picture on the bottom strap near the back. Of course, when worn it does look black.

As far as being unisex, I guess it can be considered so, but just barely. It looks nice on my son's wrist. On me, and I have small wrists, it looks like a woman's watch in size. The colors and design pass as unisex so that's good.

In case you wanted to know, on the very last hole it is still loose on my son's wrist. He could probably use one more hole in the band to make it fit right, but it works fine as is. There are ten holes on the band and it fits me at the 8th one. So there's plenty of room for larger wrists.

The watch has some nice features such as dual time, stopwatch, timer, and alarm. That's plenty for any kid. The time display is a nice size that takes up most of the face of the watch. At the top is a small, white letter in a black circle for the day of the week. Under that is the day of the month. Next to that is the word date followed by the seconds. Personally, I think they should have put the full date on that line and either taken off the seconds or make the seconds tiny and put it next to the hours and minutes. Perhaps that's because I'm used to Ironman and G-Shock watches. My son probably doesn't care.

Here are the cons I found with this watch:

- When the buttons are pressed, they cause a quite audible beep. There isn't a way to turn that off.
- The order of the modes doesn't make sense to me. Pushing the mode button cycles time, stopwatch, alarm, timer, time2. Again, perhaps I'm just used to Ironman and G-Shock watches, but I would think it makes more sense to go time, time2, alarm, stopwatch, timer.
- The glass(?) face is curved and at it's highest point is above the case so it's easy to scratch. The first time my son was wearing it, we were in line at a restaurant and he bumped the wall next to him causing a minor scratch. He was bummed that his new watch was already scratched. If that's a big concern, you might consider a Casio Baby G watch or something similar, but expect to pay at least twice as much.

Overall, this is a good watch for a decent price. It worked for my purposes and my son really likes it.
on October 11, 2013
I am really pleased with the watch. Primary purchase was to keep track of time while in the pool. Before my purchase I read other reviews with complaints about its water resistance. Before I took the Timex to the pool, I tested the watch by running water over it for period of time. It functioned fine. It's now several months later with daily pool use and I am pleased to report no problems thus far.

When I wake up at night and check the time, I like that the soft glow of the face slowly fades away, rather than abruptly snaping off. Some of the watches features are: time with twelve or twenty-four hour format. Day and Date. Two time zones, with an optional hourly chime. Twenty-four hour stopwatch. Twenty-four hour countdown timer. Daily Alarm.

It's a cool watch, with an unbeatable price point. I can highly recommend it.
on May 8, 2013
I ordered one of these to replace an older Timex my youngest inherited in less than working order from his older sibling. It is a good size for a child's wrist, looking more like a woman's size, yet not feminine in appearance, something that would work easily for unisex as the name says. My youngest loves the watch, enjoying that I set the original time to as close to the Naval atomic clock as possible (the mail man must have OCD!). Of course, you need instructions if you are an "adult" to set the thing up, but the Timex has instructions online for those times. My child can operate the thing blindfolded and it is sturdy enough to survive being dunked, dropped, and otherwise abused, yet it still keeps ticking (couldn't resist). Recommended.
on December 28, 2014
This is a replacement purchased after a son had his first for over four years. We never had to replace the battery, but the band on the old one finally broke after being worn day and night, in the pool, and in the lake for years! it is very sturdy, but he tightened the band really tight, and I think that is why it broke. He is going a little looser (which I think seems more like normal) with the new band in hopes of making it last longer! He loves the display and uses the timer function almost every day. The face did scratch up a little, but not more than I expected for the amount and type of wear! Well worth it!!
on April 22, 2013
Got this watch because I'm on a budget. However, it comes with 2 unacceptable deal-breakers for me:
1) Setting the time or countdown only allows you to increase in one direction. This is EXTREMELY annoying for anything that might require setting different length timers.
2) Each button press makes the watch beep very loudly and annoyingly. If you're around sleeping people do not push the buttons (except the indiglo) or you *will* wake them up. There is no way to turn off this setting, and it is not mentioned in the manual.

Note that neither of these design flaws are outlined in the description. I will be returning this watch. The only reason it gets 2 stars is that it seems sturdy and well-made for the price, but I have not field tested it.
VINE VOICEon January 20, 2015
This is a great watch for my 8 year old son. The smaller face fits his wrist well and the cost is low enough for a young child who wants a grown-up watch. It is a well-made product that does NOT look cheap at all. The quality is far superior to the kids watches. This watch has many functionality - time (including seconds), date, day, stop watch, time at another location, indiglo, and alarm. It is also waterproof to 50 meters. I tried it on and it is good for a woman as well. I may get one myself.
on July 10, 2014
This is a nice watch over all, and it's very well priced.
First the bad (I expand on them at the end):
1) The light doesn't stay on very long, and you cannot set it to stay on longer.
2) The timer will not reset itself.
3) No hourly chime
4) The timer goes off before 0 is reached.
The good:
A) Easy to read, even though the date is a little funky.
B) Comfortable 99.98% of the time (occasionally a hair will snag in it, but it won't pinch like a metal band).
C) The band is fairly rugged, I've been wearing it for about a year and it doesn't show any signs of cracking.
D) It's as waterproof as I've ever needed; swimming and showering with it on are no problem, and it dries very quickly.
E) The alarms are nice and loud, but will silence after a while of being ignored.
Gripes explained:
1) Many Timex watches have a "night mode" feature which makes any button press turn on the light or renew the 5-seconds that the light will stay on (typically activated by holding the light button for a few seconds).
2) Set a timer for 5 minutes, and after 5 minutes and the alarm going off, you have a timer set for 0 minutes and 0 seconds. Again, most Timex watches will reset to whatever they were counting down from after they expire. A timer for 0h0m0s is completely useless, and if it's dark, you have to repeatedly press the light button while setting the timer back to whatever you wanted it to be.
3) I have trouble keeping track of time (hence why I always wear a watch). A small chirp once every hour, it helps to beat it into me what an hour feels like, and approximately how many of them have gone by since the last time I checked. You also have the option of setting the watch a few minutes fast and having a built-in alarm multiple times a day. Let’s say you live in a dorm and you have class at 10:00, 1:00, and 4:00. Set the watch 5-10 minutes fast, and you will have an alarm to alert you when to leave for all your classes (provided you know which hour is approaching).
4) If I set a timer for 3 minutes, with 10 seconds left, the watch starts beeping once a second. I have no idea why they do that. You almost want to set it 10 seconds fast each time so that the watch starts making noise when you want it to! Of course, with complaint #2, it’s completely not worth it to do that.
I like Timex; most of my watches have been Timex brand because they're not gigantic, and they're comfortable. I have loved all the other Timex watches I’ve owned except that I had to keep buying plastic watch bands for them which don’t irritate my skin. This one already had the plastic band, but it lacks in enough places that I dislike it.
on August 11, 2014
Great looking watch. I bought it for running. I have always worn the cheapest velcro watches I can find for running. I like the perfect fit of velcro, they hold up for a long time, and they are light. I took a chance with this watch and I like it. The watch looks great. The buttong configuration is a little different that all of my previous watches (Start/Stop on top right is normal but the reset is on top left instead of bottom right. Just something to get used to.). The watch has good visibility day and night. The fit is nice. It is slightly larger than my last watch, but still feels light and snug when I'm wearing it. The only thing that I really don't like about it is it automatically reverts back to the time when the stopwatch is not in use. If I am using the stopwatch it stays there. Within a few seconds of stopping the watch it will automatically revert to the time. Then it is two clicks of the mode button (as opposed to the one click I am used to) to get back to the stopwatch. Again, mos of the negatives I have said are a personal preference and may not apply to anything. After years of the same watch I just need to adjust to the change. But the automatically switching to the clock mode will continue to annoy me. I use this only as a stop watch and almost never revert to the clock.
on November 5, 2014
I live in a rainy climate and take my dog to the beach almost every day in all kinds of weather, so I wanted a watch that I don't have to be careful about, yet keeps accurate time. This watch is fine for me. I like the red rim, and the band is very comfortable for my wrist (which is 6" round). I use the 5th hole in the band and still have 4 holes left. The actual info portion of the watch is 3/4" wide by 1/2" high, so there's a lot of info in a small space, but the digits are clear. As for setting the watch, I scanned the directions and thought I knew how to set it intuitively. After about 15 minutes of trying and losing patience, I reread the directions and followed them step by step and had no trouble, altho as one reviewer noted, it's too risky for me to mess with the alarm and stop watch and those functions are not on my "need" list, anyway. Even at that, it's easier to set than 2 other Timex sport watches I've had. I consider it an excellent buy and wouldn't hesitate to order it again.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.