BCA Month Beauty altText This Week in Books Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on October 9, 2010
I have worn variations of this kind of watches for decades. mostly Timex and a couple of other brands. the last Timex very similar to this one finally broke (the plastic case, not the watch itself) in July. I have been desperately searching for a replacement (I went as far a emailing several manufacturers to tell them that this is a kind of watch that many women are looking for, i have seen plenty of discussions about it on different sites) and finally I gave up.
As soon as i gave up, this beauty became available.
The case is made of metal, Timex clearly got the message here. no more cheap plastic cases that break within a couple of years. very solidly built, has indiglo, the numbers are big and easy to see. date is easy to see. wish they would put a day of week as well. I like it that it comes in metal tones (not gold) as that is a more casual and elegant look. love that the watch is digital, the bracelet is solid and you can remove the links if it is too big.
i found the programming a little too difficult, but with instructions it is fine. I just expected it to be more intuitive. oh well. not perfect.
I have a very small wrist and was worried that the dial would be too big, but actually it is fine, though i still wish for a slightly smaller version.
watch is water resistant to 30 meters. very useful if you are wearing it around the kitchen.
All in all, perfect watch for me and i will buy another one just in case Timex gets any ideas to discontinue this one as well.
99 comments| 42 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 15, 2014
I purchased this watch in March of 2011 for $29.95 with free shipping, so imagine my surprise at seeing it here for $200+. Supply and demand, I suppose since Timex has discontinued it. I bought it purposely for the alarm feature but have yet to hear it when the alarm goes off, so that feature is unused. The displays are comfortably large and I really appreciate having the correct date with a twist of my wrist. I don't find it at all easy to reset, though. If I had to do it several times daily I'd quickly pick it up but, since months go by before I need to reset any of them, it's still trial & error pressing those tiny buttons. The eraser tip of a pencil will probably make that job easier. Mouse-over to see them at 10, 2, 4, and 8. The up side is it's still running and keeping good time and the case looks brand new.

I returned here looking for a two-tone replacement band that widens as it approaches the lugs. Found nothing appropriate and called Timex with the model #. The new band and their replacement tool will ship for approx $16.00 and save me a trip to the jeweler's.
on August 15, 2017
Love digital watches and wanted one that didn't look plastic, looks like a sports watch but that can be worn with anything. I am petite with a small hand & wrist so most digital watches look too big for my wrist. The few that look feminine have numbers that are too small to read at a glance. I always have to remove links for any watches to fit so I did on this one as well. I wear it all the time and only comes off in the shower/bath. Am still wearing it but it is showing wear with very small scratches on the links . I like the ability to just slip it off ^on. Numbers are large enough to read. The nightlight never worked but I still like the watch, too bad it's not currently available to buy .Timex Women's T2N313 Core Digital Two-Tone Expansion Band Watch
on March 10, 2012
I waited 17 years for this watch. I'm an engineer, and I really need a digital watch for work to time tests, etc. I can't wear a man's watch, and I look silly wearing a plastc one. A middle age woman shouldn't have to wear plastic watches. It became a joke in my family when I went by a watch display. I always had to stop and see if there was a woman's digital watch that wasn't plastic and didn't look like it was on steroids. Periodically I would do a search on line for such a watch. When I saw this watch on Amazon, I immediately ordered it.
Now for the review. I really like this watch! It has an interesting feature where it tells you what button to push next for setting the watch. It is nice not having to get out the manual to reset the darn thing. It keeps time well as all digital watches do. I was afraid it would be heavy, but it isn't. The watch band is stretchable and is loose on my wrist, but surprisingly does't move around. I thought for sure I would have to get it resized. It even has a light. My last plastic one didn't. Now the bad news. It doesn't compensate for leap year. I guess they sacraficed leap year for one less counter. Also, where is the day??? I just hope that Timex will PLEASE keep making this watch. I'm telling all my women engineer friends it is finally back! We periodically lamented the old TI digital watches were gone.
It would be really nice if Timex would reissue the old clasp wrist band, but I will definitely settle for this one. It is a complement when I say I forget I have it on. AS A MOTHER and enginner would say, GOOD JOB, and keep up the good work. DO NOT STOP MAKING THIS STYLE. I waited too long for it to come back!
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon January 30, 2014
I mostly love this watch, and bought one in this combo color, plus one in plain gold. It is comfortable. It isn't as ugly as most women's digital watches (it is one of the only non-sporty women's watches with a light and timer I have been able to find.)

It has a light (a good one). It has an alarm (good volume) and stopwatch. And it is easier to set than most.

The only real imperfection in my view is that you are stuck with particular preset timer intervals rather than getting to set the length of the timer yourself. The timer function is important to me, and this is limiting. However, it's strengths outweigh that weakness, so I wear it all the time.
on August 27, 2011
This watch is just what I've been looking for. It's the right size, and I like the combination of brushed and polished stainless steel with gold accents. It's an elegant-looking everyday watch that appears to be durable as well.

I especially like the easy-to-read face of the watch. The time display is 5/16" tall, and the date display is 3/16" tall; it's very visible, and I don't have to squint to read it. I also like that the display is uncluttered with unnecessary information; only the Date, Time, and AM/PM indicator are on the display.

It also has an expansion band, which I prefer, as it's easier to put on and more comfortable to wear than a bracelet or strap band. The band was much too large for me, but I found instructions online for removing links from (another brand) expansion watch bands. It's a persnickety process, but I managed to remove several links, and now the watch fits me snugly and comfortably.

I didn't have much trouble setting the watch, but I did end up reading the instructions. I needed a magnifying glass to read both the instructions as well as the button labels on the watch. The watch also has a timer, a stopwatch, and an alarm. I doubt I'll ever use them, but the alarm might come in handy once in a while.
on August 11, 2013
I really like Timex watches, just not so much this one. I needed to replace my older Timex digital watch. The plastic arms holding the band broke. The watch works great and keeps perfect time to this day! Much to my disappoinment, Timex discontinued the ladies model (not the men's). It showed the time, day, and date amongst the many other great features. I wanted an everyday watch, but not sporty like the Ironman or Expedition. So this watch was my only choice. It loses time, not a lot, just seconds that I reset about once a month. But about a month ago, one of the links in the band separated. I took it to my jeweler. They took out the link and reattached the good ones. A week or two later another link separated. I had it fixed. Yesterday, another link separated. Today I am buying a new band. But I still really like Timex and have no complaints about the other five I own !!

UPDATE! After having the band repaired twice and then another link broke, I called Timex and complained. They didn't seem to care , but I "could" buy another of the same band for $15.00. Fat chance! I was told that was the only band that fit this watch. I measured and went to Amazon and found an Allstrap TX725T for $9.95 (suggested list price) and not only does it fit, but it looks really good.
on December 17, 2013
For the last 25 years I've always bought the CASIO 'countdown timer' ladies watch "Casio Women's LA11WB-1" which is an excellent watch, incredibly cheap and the countdown timer is a very user friendly, alarm beep is loud enough for general use - love it!

But I was bored with always having the same CASIO watch, so I looked everywhere for another countdown timer watch, this Timex T2N313 was the only one I could find ... sadly, the ALARM BEEP is WAY TOO QUIET and the countdown timer function is buried within several other functions on one button, which is a pain in the neck.

Also I feel the watch face is TOO THICK, it's sort of bulbous ... perhaps this is a question of taste and comfort, but as I like to hardly feel it when I'm wearing a watch, this watch felt annoying when typing, or playing the piano etc.

The fact that this TIMEX watch has an illumination button, is it's only saving grace. OVERALL DISSAPPOINTED IN ALARM : (
on November 21, 2013
I'm getting ready to buy this watch for the second time. I really like it and my jeweler had no problem removing links from the first one I purchased. Why am I buying another one? Because the band has become so stretched - for no reason - that it no longer fits snugly on my wrist. The watch itself is perfectly good. I wish Timex made a model with a replaceable band - or a higher quality band that wouldn't stretch out so easily. I rarely remove the watch so I don't know why the band has deteriorated after only a few years. I also paid less that $30 for the first one and am not happy that the price has gone up significantly since my first purchase a few years ago. But, it's still fairly inexpensive. In essence, I'm paying more than $40 for a new band, which is rather silly.

Overall, though, I like the watch enough to stick with it. I'm a distance runner and I work in a professional office so this watch serves my needs perfectly.
on November 15, 2011
I have been looking for a watch like this for years- stylish digital watch for women that doesn't imply athletic ability. I even had the band shorten for $10 since it was too big for me. I can live with the few shortcomings that other reviewers have mentioned. However, today, after only 4 months of use, the indigo light dies on me. I looked at the warranty & I have to cover the S&H for return. That to me is irritating given that it is a quality issue. On top of that, I bought a boy's digital watch (he's 10) and the little button for the indigo light fell out after a few weeks. There is certainly a quality issue based on these experiences.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question