Customer Reviews: Timex Women's T2H351 Easy Reader Gold-Tone Stainless Steel Expansion Band Watch
Amazon Vehicles Oct16 Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Subscribe & Save Cozy Knits Book 2 or More Hours of House Cleaning on Amazon pbskids pbskids pbskids  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Cycling on Amazon

Color: Gold-Tone/White|Change

on February 8, 2007
I got this for my mother for Christmas, and I'm very happy to report that this is the one gift I gave in 2006 that perfectly fit the recipient's wish list. She loves it.

She had worn the same watch for over twenty years, and that one had finally had it. Truth be told, my mom isn't really that much of a watch-wearer, but had been wanting a replacement for those times when she wanted to have one, even as just an accessory. Now, she wears a watch all the time.

While the watch face isn't huge -- it's reasonably sized -- the numbers are very easy to read for the eyes of a grandmother, and the font is attractive. Even the little date number inset on the three-o'clock side of the face is easy to read, and while she'd never had a watch with a date on it before, she realizes now how much she appreciates it.

It's a handsome watch in a classy gold, and she also loves the band, which is very comfortable and expands and contracts with movement nicely.

Lastly, and I get a kick out of this; she adores the indiglo feature. Her previous watch had a little light-up button on it (one of the old-style teeny-tiny fron-the-side lights which never really threw off enough light, and even that had expired years before, and the indiglo light illuminates the whole face very nicely and clearly in a pleasing blue glow. She tells me that sometimes at night she'll press that button just because she can. What a nice thing to say! :^)

To sum up, my mom wears this watch all the time, and I can tell she really loves it. The fact that she wears it so often tells me that it was the perfect gift to get her in 2006!
33 comments| 96 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 29, 2008
I have been looking for a watch that I could easily see the time as I am 83 years old now and near vision is not that good. This watch has bold big black numbers and is perfect for that. The expansion band is very comfortable and I have a reasonably large wrist and some do pinch some times. All in all I would highly recommend this watch to anyone, and I love that I can press the stem to illuminate it and see what time it is in the middle of the night. I got the silver-tone and would like to get the gold-tone when I can afford another as well to have a change.
11 comment| 68 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 11, 2012
I do love the styling of this watch. I've bought it 3 times in the last 30 years except this time it has a calendar. I've road tested them in multiple adventure travel situations where other watches would have faltered and it spends ample time stuck wrist deep into my garden soil. People sometimes expect watches to last a lifetime but for the price, a decade is fine by me. And they never actually died by then - they would need both a new band and a battery and the price would be close to a new one. I have a small wrist (6 inches) so this fits just right but I if you're much bigger than that, I would be concerned.
on March 30, 2007
First, having very poor sight, I really appreciate Timex' easy reader watches, which can be read without being huge. I had my last one for about 10 years, and am only replacing it because the finish has faded, (and it needs a battery).

This watch has a perfect face, for me. While I can't read the date, it's nice to know it's there, and it's good looking. Even my husband, who notices nothing, commented on how nice the watch is. (Boy, was I surprised!) Now for the beastly part. The band scratches and leaves marks on my wrist. Now, my wrist is NOT huge, it's 6 1/4". The band isn't stretched at all when it's on. Timex did something very smart when they made bands that are easily adjustable. Unfortunately that left them with a rough finish. I'm thinking of exchanging it for a different band on a similar face.

All that being said, it's kept perfect time for the two days I've had it.
33 comments| 100 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 20, 2009
I purchased this Timex watch for my Mom who is 89 years old. She likes it because it has larger numbers and she can push a button and it lights up so she can see the time. It's a good product for a reasonable price.
on November 7, 2006
Once you've owned an Indiglo backlit watch you will never go back. I have had two of this exact model and a couple of other Timex variants on the style, and I have addicted my mother to Indiglos. This model is sturdy, doesn't scratch too easily, and "take a lickin' and keep on tickin". After some years the Indiglo feature starts to wear out even with fresh batteries which is why I am getting a new one now. If you find them too plain there are a number of crazed ways to dress them up, many involving stretchy elastic with beads instead of the steel band that comes with the watch.
VINE VOICEon June 13, 2010
I actually purchased this watch at a fine jewelery a much heftier price! So when I decided to check Amazon's watch department, I was not as pleased with my purchase as I had been. But it's a waste of energy to cry over spilled milk, my mother always told me, so I'll limit the whining.

I thought I'd review it, anyway, because I really like this watch for all the reasons stated in Amazon's product description (stainless steel, two-tone, white dial, black hands, etc.)...and more! I think the thin band and style of this watch is modern, simple and elegant, but what I like best is that it's easy to read, I can wear it in the pool and since it's both silver and gold, it complements most of my jewelry. Another plus is that Timex is a trusted brand that's been around since I was a kid, and that was long ago... lol

Timex Women's T2H491 Easy Reader Two-Tone Expansion Band Watch is not an expensive watch, by any means, but it suits me and my lifestyle.

I highly recommend this watch and Amazon's new watch department. Five stars, any old time. (pun intended)

Reviewed by Betty Dravis, June 13, 2010
Author of "Dream Reachers" (with Chase Von) and other books
66 comments| 28 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 21, 2013
This shorter band version, model T2H381, is the one for those of us with small wrists. If you're at all "normal" you want the other model T2H491. That said, I received the watch in July in hot weather and the small band fits me just fine during the day; a little loose in the cooler evenings and mornings; may be too loose come winter? The band is very pretty, but a little wider than I normally like. I prefer expansion bands to any other (clasps unlatch and straps are a nuisance for me) so this style fills that bill. The face is easy to read, the second hand is always a welcome feature. Why Timex bothered to put a teensy-tiny date window on it is a mystery! The case is larger than I like but I decided to give it a try since I had purchased an emergency watch from WalMart that was only a skosh smaller and it was acceptable. However, that emergency watch was black and rather unobtrusive; this one is a tad larger and is stark white and very noticeable; takes up so much of my wrist. So keep that in mind if you are petite and don't want a large watch face and band taking up your wrist. I dropped one star because overall it's rather more manly-looking wearing it than it appears on the Amazon screen (yes, I did look for this model in all the local stores that carryTimex, to try to see one before ordering from Amazon; unsuccessful for this watch). I went ahead with the purchase, even being unsure about the size, because Timex is a known, dependable brand and the price was too good to pass it up. I'll wear this until/unless I find something worthy to replace it.

P.S. - my first Indiglo and I sure appreciate this feature - another reason I decided to buy without being able to try one first.
on August 26, 2009
I have been wearing the watch for a couple of weeks now, and find it easy to read and comfortable. I have a small wrist (6 inches) and the 6 1/2 in band is perfect.
Fast delivery made the experience delightful.
on May 10, 2008
Purchased the watch for my 83 year old mother - she was glad that the numbers were easy to read and the fact that it was a stretch band. It was everything she wanted in a watch.