Industrial Deals Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 2,931 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 3,125 reviews
on February 25, 2015
I am a vet student, and wanted a simple, professional looking watch to allow me to easily obtain heart rates, etc. without having to pull out my cell phone. This watch fits the bill perfectly. Small and delicate, yet easy to read. Very lightweight and comfortable to wear... I hardly even notice I'm wearing it. The second hand actually "ticks" with each second, which I like... it doesn't move continuously like some watches I have seen. This makes it a lot easier to count seconds. The date display is handy, but you do have to remember to reset it every month. Indiglo lights up the entire face of the watch for easy reading in the dark.

The only thing I wish were different about this watch is that there are so many notches between the numbers on the display that they are pretty much useless... I would prefer that there were 5 notches for each section to make it easier to read the minute hand. Personal preference, though.

I disagree with the reviews complaining that this watch has a child-sized wristband. I found it to be pretty average. I am in my mid 20s and have a somewhat slender wrist, but by no means is it pencil thin, and I fit comfortably in the third or fourth setting from the smallest. At the largest setting, I can easily slide the watch over my whole hand. If you are a woman with an average build, this band should fit just fine.
review image review image review image
22 comments| 121 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 16, 2016
This is a really great, simple watch; exactly what I was looking for! I'm glad I went with the "female" version of this, I almost bought the men's and it would've been too big on me. Everything about it works great, I'm still figuring out the date, I set it yesterday and this morning it hadn't changed to the new day, but I set it again and we'll see if that does the trick, you can't choose am or pm so maybe that was all it was. The Indiglo light is perfect! I wanted something that lit up the whole face, not just the hands, and this is exactly what I was hoping for. The band is a little stiff, but I think that will loosen up over time. The only part that's true to the reviews (unfortunately) is the ticking is a bit loud. Setting it face down at night does the trick, but you can hear it in a quiet room, or when I'm in my car and music isn't playing. If you push on the glass slightly you can't hear it, so maybe I'll try to makeshift something to muffle the noise, ticking puts me on edge a bit, like I'm racing to finish a test in school. But overall this is exactly what I was looking for and I'm really happy I got it at such a great price :)
review image review image
on August 27, 2015
I'm a busy college student and this is the perfect watch. It's smaller than I perceived in the picture, however, I'm not disappointed. It matches everything that I wear which makes it the perfect watch for someone not interested in having an extensive selection to decide from in the morning. Also, I can finally tell someone what the date is when they ask with this handy, little watch's date keeper!
on July 12, 2012
I needed to replace a very good casual watch I had for many years that was similar in style and size to the Timex I purchased. The watch I owned had a large round face trimmed in gold, and was easily readable. Also, the leather band was of high quality. However, at this time, I could not afford a similar watch of the make and style I wanted. And, I did not want anything gaudy or too decorated.

I searched in stores, and didn't find what I wanted. Then I decided to search on Amazon.

The Timex Women's 'Easy Reader Watch' was quite satisfactory because the face of the watch is easy to read. I didn't expect the watch band to be of a very good quality leather, however the watch band that comes with it is certainly far better than a faux leather band. Also, the band is long enough to fit around my wrist, considering the weight I've gained.

This is my first Timex watch. I like the it for its simplicity and functionality. Although it's not a higher-priced Seiko like the one I owned, I'm very pleased.

If you need an inexpensive casual watch, the Timex Women's Core Easy Reader is probably a good choice.

Maizie Lucille James
July 12, 2012
11 comment| 90 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 3, 2016
Have worn this model and loved it for many years. It's lightweight, doesn't get in the way and keeps time perfectly. When the band finally started wearing out at the same time the battery finally gave out I decided to use an Amazon gift card to get a new one for free (if I hadn't had the gift card I'd definitely have replaced band and battery on the old one because I love this watch so much). I have worn it while gardening, exercising, doing all kinds of DIY projects and it has held up to all kinds of banging around. It has gotten splashed with water numerous times from the garden hose and once accidentally dropped in the goldfish pond for 30 minutes and lived up to the Timex "keeps on ticking" motto.
My new watch looks identical in every respect to my old one, for once it seems a company has kept a good thing going. It's keeping perfect time so far (6 weeks) and on close inspection I can't detect any signs of cheapening/substitution in the manufacturing from my old one.
It's a pretty, classic design, watch face size and shape are perfect for my taste, not too big or too small, and the font used for the numbers is very attractive so I don't feel like such an "old lady" for wanting an "Easy Reader" watch.
Some commenters write that the band on the current watch is shorter than older versions, attaching photo of my old (10+ years) and new ones, length is exactly the same on mine.
Some commenters write that the watch band is too short, period - laid out flat band + watch + buckle = 8 inches. Fastened using the second hole from the end the circumference of band + watch = 7.5 inches, so if your wrist is on the larger/thicker side I do recommend you measure your wrist and current watch before you order. I have a 6 inch wrist and buckle on the 3rd or 4th hole depending on what I'm doing.
Some commenters write that the band is too stiff - if you've had this watch before, the new one feels exactly like the old one did when you started. It is a bit stiff at first (hey, for this price I don't expect glove leather!) but after a month it's already getting a lot more flexible day by day just as the old one did, just needs a breaking-in period. Working the band with your fingers a bit every day before putting on and after taking off speeds up the process, massaging in a drop or three of Lexol speeds it up too. Again, I'm fine with that for this price!
All in all I'm super-happy to find that this is the same pretty and practical watch I have loved for years. Thank you Timex!
on January 20, 2016
Beautiful watch. Looks just right on my little girl sized wrist.
But as time went on the first leather strap broke. (-one star)
Then the second strap broke! Now I fold the excess underneath (see photo). (-one star)
Also at the hole that I use there is a very visible crease. If someone with a wider wrist wore the watch it would be very obvious. (- one star)

For the name and the $ this watch should hold up for longer then six months. I would take away another star for the fact that once a week or so I lose about 5 minutes time...and the date doesn't keep up at ALL...but I haven't tried to change the battery either so that's on me.
on September 29, 2015
This watch is great for anything. I wear it all the time & it's simple, so it goes with whatever. I'm a lifeguard & wore it in the pool often; it never faltered. Love this watch!!
on February 8, 2016
I just love this watch!!! I have thinner wrists so I am always worried about how big the watch face will be but this is perfect! The band seems nice and sturdy and it's of great quality. I highly recommend this!
on September 20, 2016
LOVE it. Pretty but professional with a no-nonsense, easy-to-read face. The picture they have has more shine/bright glare and such but the actual product is more demure (tried to capture that in my photo). If you zoom in, you'll see that it is true that there are "too many" ticks in between the numbers (Why have ten when there are only five seconds between two numbers, one wonders...?) but I forgot about it soon after I first noticed it. Another thing to note is that I can hear the ticking when the watch is within 10 inches of my ear, which I find pleasant, but could probably be irritating to some.
on August 15, 2016
I didn't write the review when I first received the watch last year, but now that I'm ordering parts, I thought I would take the time to let you know how the watch has performed over the last 16 months.
Pros:
I love the black dial and the indigo works great. The general look and feel is what I expect from an inexpensive Timex. I love the easy read dial.

Cons:
The black disc for the background was not installed properly on my watch. I thought about sending it back so it didn't drive me nuts, but I didn't. It still bugs me.

The date is very hard to set. I've given up keeping it updated because I can't really read it easily anyway.

The watch band came unglued where it wraps around the pin on the watch itself. It lasted 16 months. Maybe this is a good amount of time on a band - I'm not sure. I'm ordering a replacement watchband now for $8. It looks like the replacements are stitched where the one that came on the watch is glued.

Summary: I love Timex Easy Reader watches and this is the third I've owned. The black dial is awesome and so is the indigo. The band is cheaply made and the quality control didn't catch the manufacturing error with my background disc. Date is too tiny and very hard to set.