Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Timex Women's T2N661 Weekender Petite Silver-Tone Watch with Red Leather Band
Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Dolly Parton Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now

on May 15, 2013
I have small wrists (measures about 5 1/4 inches where I wear a watch) and it is hard to find watches that fit me. The trendy large watch faces look pretty ridiculous on me. :-) The last hole on the strap fits, though it is a bit loose. On me the strap end does wrap around and covers most of the woven detail on the top of the watch, but it is held in place by the loop and has not been an issue. The color of the strap is a dark red that should coordinate well with a lot of different colors. The watch face looks great, very easy to read and it is a nice clean style that should go with most casual looks. Overall this is a good value and Timex watches have always lasted a long time for me.
on March 16, 2015
I needed to replace my older Timex which was becoming somewhat unreliable. I like a dial face so there are limited selections.

Luckily people mentioned in their reviews that the strap on this watch is not really as red as shown in the photo. I will upload photos showing that's it's more of a dried blood red. [I don't know why this sometimes happens, but although amazon prompts me to upload photos, then it gives me a 404 page. I'll try later.]

My wrist measures 6" and the strap on this watch is longer than I would like. I will post a photo showing how the end of the strap projects out because it's stiff.

The second hand is hard to see, being silver colored.

The thing I hated most about this watch is that it's very hard to set. With my old watch, you pull out the knob, set it, and push the knob back in. On this watch you have to unscrew the knob quite a few turns to finally allow you to pull it out, set it, and then very tediously screw it all the way in again. Even though you don't have to set a watch very often, it's a minimum of twice a year, and if you don't get it just right the first time, it could be more than that.

Because of all these factors, I returned it and bought the same watch as last time: Timex Women's T41181 Expedition Metal Field Brown Leather and Nylon Strap Watch which I highly recommend for people with smaller wrists. The strap is almost an inch shorter and the face is easy to read, plus you have Indiglo for nighttime use.

The only reason I had switched models was just for variety and I do like the dressier look of the Petite Weekender, except the protruding strap detracts from that.
review image review image review image
on December 7, 2011
I recently purchashed Timex weekender watch. I've owed Timex watches since I am 11 years of age and I am now 60. Timex is the most reliable watch you will ever own at any price. They simply do not break. They keep perfect time. The times I am wearing right now is 20 yrs old and iv'e changed the battery only 4x. I have been in ocean water with this watch! It pays to have a wardrobe of Timex watches. marie
on April 7, 2012
This is a nice watch. I have a large 8 inch wrist and it still fit me. However, I didn't like how soft the leather is. It slides around on my wrist. The weaving is nice on the wrist band though. Nice color!
on July 31, 2013
I've worn Timex watches for years, and this one is my favorite. It's stylish, has an easy-to-see face and an easily visible second hand. The face is 1" across, which sounded a bit large to me, but I think most adult women would find it just fine. It's not huge or gaudy, just stylish and fun with its decorative band holder. The band isn't as bright red as the picture, but it's very pretty, sort of brick red, and basket-weave--very attractive.

The length of the band seems to be an issue for some users. In the tightest hole, the band measures 6" long, and in the last hole, the band is 8". There are 7 holes in all, so there is a good choice in between. My wrists are average, and I use the middle hole.

The one thing that surprised me a bit was the thickness of the watch. The case is 1/4" thick, and it's maybe a bit heavier than previous Timex watches I have had. Neither of these issues bothers me at all, because the watch is so attractive. I'm very happy with and would certainly recommend it highly.
on September 10, 2012
I really like how this watch looks. It's a cute style that's great to wear with blue jeans and casual outfits. My problem is with the band, it's huge. Once I find a notch to fasten the band itself is pretty uncomfortable. The whole time I'm wearing it I have this long piece hanging out because the band is so large. If you have thick wrists this might be a great watch for you, if you have small wrists, it's going to drive you crazy. I'm not a small person either so even if you're average is going to be large. I can hear it ticking when I hold it up to my ear, so that's not a big deal to me. It's such a cute watch face I may try to buy a different band for it.
on February 7, 2014
I think it is beautiful but not petite. I still needed to take my watch to the leather shop to have the strap trimmed. The "petite" seemed no different than the standard one that I bought and returned to Target.
on May 29, 2013
I bought this watch last month. I love the red band. The watch is perfectly small for my small wrist. It looks great and so cute. Matches with everything I wear. It's waterproof, I tested it. Overall, great non-expensive watch.
on February 18, 2016
This is a very beautiful and well-made watch. It's elegant appearance makes it perfect for formal events and parties. It's the perfect size for my small wrists; it doesn't look too bulky. I love the deep red color of the straps. It's also a great price for it's level of quality.
on July 15, 2016
I love this watch. It is exactly as pictured. It is difficult to find a red watch band, especially in leather so I was happy to find this one. The woven detail adds to it's charm. The watch itself is casual, easy to read, and with a nice shiny chrome finish.