Truck Reviews Beauty Warlight Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

on December 3, 2015
I've had a love affair with this watch. It's always suited my needs, but now I'm sick of it. It has a timer, chrono, you can swim/shower/bathe kids in it. You can train for a athletic endeavor or even use it to time how long your burgers should be on the grill (I do both). I've loved this watch. Until yesterday when the face just died on me. I can't see the time, nothing. I looked at my amazon purchase history... I've bought this watch just about every year.... in 2009, 2012, 2013 and in September 2015. Each time I bought a new one, it was because the watch band separated from the face. I was ok with that. This week, the face just died. The watch wasn't even THREE months old. Now, looking at my history, it's obvious that this is a pretty crappy watch. I love the features, but I can't buy a watch every year b/c the BAND separates from the face. And now to have the whole thing die on me? I'm not scuba diving, I'm just bathing my kids. I'm not running Ironman Kona, I run on the treadmill when my kids are asleep. I don't do hills runs / interval training anymore, but I do grill meat and I need to know how long is left before the meat chars. My life isn't what it used to be athletically, but dammit, I want a watch that I can rely on for my day to day needs and especially if it calls itself IRONMAN. DON'T BREAK ON ME EVERY YEAR!!!!!!!! Arg!!!
on September 8, 2009
I've heard my running friends rave about Timex watches for sometime, so I was eager to try one after my Nike watch broke down recently. (Apropos of nothing: Nike charges almost as much to change the battery on their watches as Timex does for this watch. Highway robbery!) I can't say anything negative about the watch itself: the features are easy to use and actually quite intuitive. I've used the alarm, the multiple time zone setting, the intervals, and several other features already, all without looking at the instruction manual. I should probably break out the instruction manual, though, as I'm having trouble with setting the watch: the "set" button appears to only go backwards, meaning that if your watch says it's 7:28 and you want it to say 7:30, you have to click around 58 times to get the time you want. (Or, I could be missing something obvious.)

The problem I have with this watch, though, is the color. I bought the pink because it was the same watch as the grey, but cheaper. And it was a mistake. I wear this watch not only for running but also for every day, and not a day goes by that I don't look down at my watch and which I'd gotten something more practical. It's not a glaring or obnoxious pink (in fact, it's exactly as pictured), but it just doesn't go with much of anything.
on March 19, 2010
I bought this watch for my wife about a month ago and already the band has broken. It broke on both sides at the top where the buttons are. She loves this watch and thinks the color is great, although the gray has turned an ugly greenish color with a short amount of wear. The functions on this watch are great she had no problem with the buttons being hard to push like I read in other reviews. The band is what made me decide to write my first review on Amazon. This is not the first watch like this I have purchased and the other one broke in a similar fashion. I am going to buy a Casio this time.
2 people found this helpful
on May 29, 2006
I've had this watch for a few months now, and am very happy with it. First, thanks to Timex for making some women's digital watches in colors other than black and silver! The feature of this watch that really benefits me are the three alarms, each of which is independently programmable for a specific day, or for weekdays or weekends only. When you have kids with sports practice, music lessons, etc. these alarms serve as a handy reminder. I have had no problems with the craftsmanship of this product, and have worn it while swimming, landscaping my yard, and working out. So far, it's taken a licking and is still ticking! I'm considering buying another one of these for when I can't find the one I already have (the baby likes it, too!).
14 people found this helpful
on September 3, 2012
I've always been pleased with timex products and have used them for years. This is the first one I have been dissatisfied with. The other reviews stated that the product doesn't seem to be waterproof and I wonder if this was the case with mine. I went swimming in it once and the ingiglo light stopped working. I am hoping this one was a dud. I bought a second one and will see.
on September 5, 2010
I've had the cornflower blue one for almost a year and just bought this pink one today. My Ironman has been very durable (I've had it since Nov 2009) and indispensable in my running routine (walk/run). It looks almost brand new. I got the second one because I will be incorporating speed intervals (1 min run fast/1 minute at normal pace) into my training and I want to just throw my watch on without changing the set intervals.

I also wear it around town- running errands and shopping. It's a good size for my wrist (I have VERY small wrists) and is not clunky at all- it's nice and sleek. It's pretty intuitive and not hard to use.

I would HIGHLY recommend this watch to others.
2 people found this helpful
on August 4, 2010
This watch is poorly made in many respects. First of all the color of the watchband changes within days - and not for the better. It 'discolors' from pink to peach to dingy peach. Honestly, it looks dirty in a matter of days. That, however, is not the worst of it. My daughter got it for her 12th birthday and it BROKE in less than ONE MONTH!!! She wore it swimming two times and it fogged up and died. Please don't waste your money. I'm hoping I can get a refund!!!
5 people found this helpful
on January 3, 2014
This is a great watch. I know everyone uses their Iphones to check their time, but I still wear a watch and this one is very nice and a great price. Terrific color, though does fade in sun. But it is cheap enough to buy another...
on December 11, 2015
Bought this as a gift for a friend and she loves it! She loved the color and the style. The functions were nice since she had never had a watch like it before.
on March 28, 2007
The alarm on this watch is too quiet. If some cars go by, or a lawnmower is running nearby, or some geese are getting riled up, the alarm can not be heard.

Other than that I found it easy to program; the directions are clear and easy to understand, and the buttons are easy to push and get to. The band is soft and non irritating.

I like the way it looks on my wrist.
13 people found this helpful
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.