Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services powers4premiere powers4premiere powers4premiere  Doppler $139.99 All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis dm3 Shop Now toystl17_gno_dm3

Showing 1-10 of 989 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,236 reviews
on November 25, 2015
I love my Timex Ironman watches. I've got almost every color and a couple of the different styles. The white bands will usually discolor to grey, but it's really not that big of a deal, it just looks like it's supposed to be that color. Working in the healthcare field, I love the date and seconds (counting out for a procedure) - and the settings for running are amazing. The watches are not bulky, this one in particular is my favorite so far, it's not quite as large as I thought it would be, but that actually is a plus for me. I would recommend to anyone, and if you're on a budget, there are less expensive ones that are nice from the same line of Timex.
review image
on March 9, 2015
I have had this watch, but bought this for my 9 year old daughter who needed a sturdy watch. Looked at Timex velcro band watches and the end would stick out too far when tightened on her wrist. This actually worked nicely and she loves all the features, and I love that we don't have to question whether it is truly waterproof or be super careful with it. I have had several that get quite beat up and typically the band breaks before the watch. BTW, you can call Timex and they will replace the watch if the band is broken (since the band is not replaceable on this model on it's own) for $10, the cost of the band (they even pay shipping).

**UPDATE for maroon color**: We also ordered this watch in berry and for some reason that band is extremely brittle. First the little piece that holds the extra watch band broke off within a month of having it, and even after I sent it in and paid for it to be replaced, it broke off again pretty quickly. I made do by using a hair elastic, but in about 6 months the band itself started to crack then eventually broke as well. Never had this happen so quickly with any of my previous colors of this watch. I love the berry watch specifically as it has different sounds for each of the alarms, but the band seems to have issues specific to this color.
on November 6, 2016
I bought this watch to replace the exact same model that I had for about 3 years. I like it over other models because of the large lap button, which I use while swimming, and the 50 lap memory, which is enough to log my mile and mile-and-a-half swim splits.

The thing keeping my review 4 instead of 5 stars is the design of how the plastic strap holds the watch part. Where the strap surrounds the watch part, around the buttons, holding it into place, the strap is very thin and can tear easily. That is where my last one broke, when my hand hit a swim lane rope while swimming laps. Once the strap tears, there's not much to do to salvage the watch.

I sure wish Timex sold replacement bands for this watch, but they don't, so I had to spring for a whole new watch.
on January 23, 2010
This is the second time I buy this watch. My first one lasted 4+ years. I can do the dishes, shower, swim while wearing it and it does not get damaged. It's very easy to program - very idiot proof. I also love the fact that it helps me with my running intervals so that I can run injury free using the Jeff Galloway method. That indiglo feature is very convenient to check the time when it's dark and the cell phone is out of reach. Oh, did I mention that it's so comfortable I wear it 24/7?
22 comments| 93 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
The manufacturer commented on the review below
on April 18, 2016
I have owned this watch 4 times, twice in blue, once in white and lastly in black.
I love this watch for so many reasons, hence, why I keep buying it *even after it breaks :( I love it.
I love working out, doing triathlons and so waterproof and not fragile were important must-haves for my watch.

Pros:
The wear is comfortable and not too heavy.
I really enjoys the extra features for running/stop watch/timers etc...
Military time has been so great since we lived in Europe and really enjoy keeping all of our devices on military time
The beeper is loud enough to wake you up, but not loud enough to annoy others at the gym when working out doing circuits/sprints, etc.. It's also loud enough (if your headphones aren't full blast) to hear while running on the road.
Water proof and not too heavy for swimming, actually I didn't even notice it while swimming and it was nice to have when trying to time myself in the water.
I loved the light up feature too (which none of my prettier watches do), it's nice to be able to see what time it is in the dark.

Cons:
Since I have owned this watch 4 times I can tell you that they are just not made to last. Mine last about 2 years. So if that is how long they should last, then I guess I have got my money's worth. And I keep going back for more.
My wrist strap broke on two of them. And then two of them died unable to be repaired with a battery and so on.
My one side complaint about the white and blue ones are that the color changed/wore off over time and it started to look grungy. The black one held up the longest as far as color is concerned.

Truth be told I will be ordering the same one again because it has all the features I love, despite the lack of endurance in quality.
on April 22, 2017
I have had this watch before. I was a nurse in a prison and needed the nearly all the functions this watch provided. I had it in the blue shade, as it matched my scrubs. This watch lasted about 4 years until the plastic strap just broke. The watch is still running but I could not see how you could replace the band, so I purchased a new one. I was going to switch back to the "classic" Analog with date and indiglo Timex but was having trouble finding one with the minute hatch marks in womens (mens would be far too large for my petite wrists) so I decided to buy the same one again, as I feel it's a good watch. This time I got the black so it's less conspicuous. The watch is still working. I have never changed the batteries. The band around the face was starting to pull away about a month or so ago, then last week the band (where I latch it) cracked one morning and by noon it had cracked from the other side inwards, making a complete crack, and un-usable. The good news is that this band and clasp area seem to be stronger than my previous watch, so perhaps this will last longer. I gave 5 stars because like I said, it was only the plastic band that did not last more than 4 years of EVERYDAY (24/7) use, the watch is still keeping time, and I still have not needed to change the battery. I may keep the old one as a timer/stopwatch until the battery dies and then I will update this review and let you know just how long the battery and watch actually worked! I highly recommend this watch.
on December 11, 2016
I've had this watch for almost 8 months now, and I love the idea of the design with the split band and I love the actual watch itself, with the clear display and nightlight feature. I use the stopwatch and the chime, but not really the alarms.

My gripe is that the case itself is really not very sturdy. I don't do sports. I just go about my daily business fixing computers and showering, and the case is incredibly scratched to the point where TIMEX IRONMAN isn't even readable in certain lights. The face is starting to pull away from the band. I originally had this in a beautiful bright blue, but the resin band picked up so much nastiness and couldn't be cleaned (even Timex customer support didn't have any tips) and the band can't be replaced--so I picked this black one so that the dirt wouldn't show.

I've started shopping around for a replacement...just in case this one spontaneously fails like other reviewers have noted.
on July 19, 2013
I bought this watch for counting laps in the pool - just for fitness swimming. Today I took it out for the first time and it worked like a charm! It was comfortable to wear in the water, easy to use for lap counting, and it's still in perfect condition. After my workout I stored my laps and reviewed them later. So far so good!

As previous reviewers have indicated, the watch is really more Tiffany blue than mint green. I'm glad i knew that because I was looking for a turquoise watch not a green one.
on June 17, 2014
I started out with 2 stars and then the more I thought about it I chose 4.
I purchased two of these for my daughters. The most they do is swim at a pool. Both watches got condensation within two months after we purchased them. One was replace through Amazon, the other repaired through Timex. The new watch from Amazon has worked great for the last year. The one repaired through Timex had the same problem about 8 months later. I expressed my disappointment with the repair to Timex and they sent a brand new watch to me and a prepaid box to send the old one back.
So I'm on the fence. When the watches work, they work. When they have issues Timex does stand behind them and so I upped my rating to 4 stars. While I did have some minor problems they were easily fixed.
on November 19, 2009
I love the way the watch looks, and it works great, but the color is already wearing off the start/split button and the clear part of the face is scratched. Not a big deal to me, but might be to someone else!

UPDATE March 13, 2010: After 4 months, the face is starting to pull away from the band, leaving a gap where they used to connect at the top & bottom. It still seems firmly seated, but looks like it's falling apart, and I don't know how long it will last at this point. I'm changing my rating from 4 stars to 3.

UPDATE February 3, 2011: It hasn't fallen apart yet! I still wear the watch daily, but it's still got those gaps at the top and bottom of where the face connects to the band.

UPDATE April 1, 2011: Not even 18 months and the band disintegrated overnight. It literally broke apart in two different places while I was sleeping. The watch itself is still functioning, but since you can't just slap a new band on there I tossed it. I won't be buying another, and I'm downgrading my rating again. While I do wear my watches 24/7, with the exception of water activities, I still expect them to last at least a few years.
1313 comments| 102 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse