Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 55 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 69 reviews
on August 9, 2012
I have always had an Ironman watch, as I need the 3 separate alarms. Unfortunately, the plastic Ironman bands seem to break far before the rest of the watch wears out. Since I was tired of that, I decided that the Velcro band would make this the ultimate watch. As with many other reviewers, I wear this watch everywhere, (i.e. swimming, running and in the shower) so the band gets wet on a daily basis. After about a month and a half the band started to have a bad smell. I almost threw the entire thing away and went back to the plastic band. Before I did, I decided to try one thing...putting essential oils on the band. Because of the antiseptic and other values of many essential oils, they really did the trick! Now I even look forward to wearing the watch and very often can be found smelling the fragrant band! I am able to change the oils as my body needs. Some days I have lavender and eucalyptus (helps relieve headaches and offers relaxation), others peppermint (relieves congestion and helps with digestion) and chamomile (relaxes nerves and muscles). Now, I feel like an aromatherapy session comes with me everywhere I go!

One important thing: If you are using undiluted oils, the oils should be fairly dry before you wear the band, as some are strong enough to be uncomfortable against (or possibly even burn) the skin. Be sure to check a reliable resource before using any essential oil on your band!
on October 22, 2011
I am a beginning runner, and I tend to run around the block in my neighborhood. I needed something to help me keep track of how many laps I had finished and this watch is just the thing. It has a chrono mode where I tap the larger middle button at the end of each lap and it will flash the lap number and minutes for that lap a few times so I can check my time. The display then shows me the total minutes elapsed and above that, the time so far for the current lap.

The band is comfortable but stiffer than what I expected. Another reviewer mentioned a smell but I have not noticed anything, even after wearing it for daily runs for a couple of months. Like all digital watches, it seems a little complicated to learn how to use, but now I find it pretty simple and easy to use for my purposes.

Another thing I appreciate is that there is a little bulge near the end of the band that helps keep it from coming out of the loop, so when I am putting the watch on and taking it off I don't have to thread it back together. I just slip my hand through the band circle and fold over the end and it sticks with Velcro. Bottom line, easy on and off. (You can easily slip the band out of the loop completely if you want to, however.)
on December 3, 2015
I am a person who believe in working out. As a female I am crazy about Pink, I was elated when I saw this watch in pink I knew I had to get it. I workout in it, I go swimming and snorkelling in it, I do pretty much everything in it except when I'm dressed up for work or going out somewhere special. Its ideal. What I liked about this one compared to the ones I've had before and one blue one I still own, is the reminder feature. It is a definite must have
on April 9, 2010
I love this watch! After borrowing my son's watch when mine broke I decided this more feminine version was perfect for my needs. It has a large easy to read face, and timer features especially helpful in my health care occupation. I have been traveling abruptly lately and the alarm features have been very useful. There are a lot of bells and whistles for the money! My only regret is that the pink fast wrap band (which fits better on my small wrist than the newer polymer type band)does show soil very quickly and I am not sure I can find replacement band or even if it is possible to remove and replace existing band. I plan to try washing it and letting it air dry before it gets too soiled.
on October 15, 2013
I wanted to get a velcro watch for my running daughter so that she can easily put it on & take it off. It has a timer for running and a stop watch. It has a feature to mark birthdays, holidays and appointments. My daughter's only complaint is that it was difficult to understand the instructions but her older brother came to the rescue and swiftly took care of it. All in all a great watch. And it's water resistant which is a plus!
Came in a nice red Timex box, well wrapped & with full instructions.
on August 15, 2010
I got this watch because my resin straps keep breaking, and there are very few choices in women's watches with fabric bands. This watch is great! There are so many features that my old (more expensive) watch didn't have, and they are super easy to use. No fiddling around pressing random combos of buttons to figure out how to change the time. My favorite added feature is the countdown timer, which saves the last time period you counted down, so if you're constantly counting down the same amount of time, you don't have to reprogram it every time. The only feature I don't use is the occasion reminder -- don't really see the point since I have a calendar in my PDA to remind me.
on September 22, 2010
I love Timex watches. I like the light, the multiple time zones, the alarms, the timer, the stopwatch, etc... I do NOT like the bands. I wish they would make an Ironman watch with a leather band. I have had several watches with the resin band, and they all break after about a year, usually with no way to replace the band. I thought this one would be better, because it's fabric. Unfortunately, the band gets dirty very quickly, and then starts smelling bad whenever it gets wet, which is quite often! Also, the end of the little velcro part doesn't stick down very well, and it gets caught on my shirt sleeves. So, what a quandary for someone who likes Timex but can't find one of their watches with a decent, durable band!
on April 9, 2013
I another one of these, and I wore until just about everything on it feel apart. Mind you, I'm a woman archaeologists and I am hard on watches and other things. I bought this because I like the look, the way it is set up, and believe it or not the durability. I had the first one for 10 years, and it was still running great even though the rest of it died. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a good looking, tough watch.
on March 13, 2016
My wife almost never wore this watch but one of the very first times was in a swimming pool. Water got in and clouded up the display. Useless after that.
on October 15, 2013
I love this watch although it is quite large for a women's watch. The numbers and characters are large, clear and easy to read. My only complaint is the strap. The strap is too short, I have difficulty getting the watch on and off and I have a very skinny wrist. Because of the design of the strap, I'm not even sure if it can be changed.