Spring Deals Automotive HPC Best Books of the Month New-season heels nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18PP_gno

on February 25, 2016
I LOVED my Timex watch I had for 3 years until the strap broke. The watch still worked great and I wanted to just replace the band, but with this watch you are unable to do that. Still I loved the watch so much I decided to purchase another one. Unfortunately, although this product is advertised as a Timex watch, it is NOT a Timex watch, a very close copy yes, but not quite as good as the real thing.

If I had bought this watch first I probably would have been satisfied with it and loved it, but since I had the real deal first, I just notice the things that aren't as good and wish it was as good as my first watch. Most of the things aren't a big deal, it's just preference, like where the seconds are and the date. Usually I know what day of the week it is and I don't need a huge TH to tell me it's Thursday, if I really forgot I can spend the extra second to look closer to see the small circle with the letter on it. It's not much of a difference where the seconds are, but when I am glancing at it quickly for some reason it's harder to see on the side instead of up above. Also it's harder to set, the buttons don't push as easily and the order of the stopwatch, alarm and 2nd Time are different. I mostly use it for the stopwatch which used to be the first option but now it's the second option. That is annoying to have to push it twice now instead of once to get there. It also does not have the count down timer that the real Timex has. I am a little worried about getting it near water after reading some of the reviews. The real Timex was pretty good with water, but the people who have had problems with their watch and water probably had this "fake" Timex so I don't dare get mine wet.

Not huge things, but enough little things to be annoying and make me wish I had the real deal. Like I said before, it is a nice watch and if I had it first I probably would be satisfied with it. I just don't think it should be advertised as a Timex watch. I bought my real Timex at Walmart for this same price but they no longer carry them so I came on here to try to find it and thought I had by the description and price. I am guessing that Timex discontinued this style so another company took advantage and started selling their knock off brand under the Timex description.
review image
55 comments| 3 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on November 4, 2015
Both my daughters have a version of this watch. It does everything most people would ever need, without any problems. Quality, durability and reliability are all excellent, particularly at this price. Timex has delivered a version of this watch for decades; it really isn't any different than the Ironman watch that I wore in the early 1990s. This is a good thing. It does what it is supposed to do, and looks good doing it. The light is good, the alarm is good, and the face is readable in a variety of conditions. My wife prefers the full size version of this watch, which has the same features but a bigger face. I hope Timex makes this watch for decades to come.
on April 21, 2015
Just received my watch today. Main reasons I purchased it for -- water resistance "suitable for showering", indiglo light, and countdown timer (as of this writing, it is still stated on the Product Description -- "Sport timing features include a 24-hour chronograph and 24-hour countdown timer."). I have not yet tested it in the shower, so hopefully I won't have to edit this review. The indiglo is nice and even all over the watch face. BUT there is no countdown timer. I have checked the manual that came with the watch and it only has these features: 24 hour time option (with seconds, if that's important to anybody), day/date, alarm, stopwatch, and 2nd time zone. I am taking away one star for the fact that the product description stated a timer, when, in fact, the actual product does not have it. I find it's a minor inconvenience that I can live with. Besides, I find it too annoying to deal with returns right now, so I will keep it. Shoppers, please keep this in mind if a timer is very important to you. Thank you.
on September 22, 2014
I bought this watch about two years ago after an older timex's black watchband broke and it would have cost nearly as much to replace the band as just buying a new watch. The color Blue is much more pleasant, and I like the style. Keep the instructions to set it, and get some magnifying glasses to be able to read the small print.! I have worn this watch while dragon-boat racing, kayaking, swimming, camping in rain, doing the dishes, and a few times in a hot tub. All that in steamy humid Florida. However, recently I spent to much time in a hot tub, and the watch proved that it is not meant for that extreme environment. It fogged up, I couldn't read it easily anymore, and after another couple of days peeking past tiny water droplets, it had given up showing the correct time.. Reluctantly I tossed it, will buy another one and take better care of it! A very good watch!
on January 16, 2016
The color seems to go with a lot of my clothes (to my surprise). Looks quite smart. Buttons are a bit sharp on the fingers when pushing them. Alarm is quiet so it won't disturb when in a Library or movie house. Face is smaller and a good size for a woman while still having a lot of features for the active woman. Lighter dial at the touch of a button. Water resistant.
CON: Unless you have a small wrist the band latch does not want to stay in place. It is just a slide on the slips off the end of the band from rubbing on a blanket at night or your long coat sleeve.
I still like it for a 2nd watch. The price was inexpensive considering all the features. So if I lose it, it won't break my budget.
on December 10, 2014
The time display numbers on this watch are smaller than what Amazon currently (as of Dec. 2014) showing on its listing. See the other colors (such as white or translucent blue) to see the accurate number size and date size. I liked the old number and date display a bit better than this, but it's OK.

This is my third one of these watches. The bands last for a bit longer than a year and then tear in hole area, just above where I buckle it. The band is not removable or replaceable. This opaque blue band lasts longer than the translucent blue, but still tears. Both band colors change over time. The opaque blue band became lighter and a smidge greenish. The translucent band got yellowish and looked pretty grubby.

The two previous watches have both done great on water proofness - I swim with the watch in pools, lakes and the ocean. All the features have always worked properly. I do find the interface for setting and changing the time/date etc. to be much less intuitive than other watches.
on October 18, 2012
It's a decent watch. But it is clearly advertised as water resistant to 165 feet. This means that the watch can be submersed in shallow water (pool water). But this one can't. Once used in a pool at no more than 4 feet depth, instant death. Had the watch for 2 weeks. It should be labeled as 100 feet, which means it can deal with rain and splashes of water.
11 comment| 17 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
VINE VOICEon July 23, 2012
I'm rough on my running watches, which I generally never take off, so I don't blame the manufacturer when they only last a couple of years. I have had a number of Timex running watches since my first "Timex Marathon" [the "Mary Decker"] in 1984, and have found them to be accurate, durable, and the stopwatch function easy to use.
I especially like that Timex makes sports watches in a "medium" size--they don't call them "women's", but that's what they are.
This watch was easy to set upon its arrival, and can be looked at in the dark because of the "indiglo" feature which is now apparently standard on Timex sports watches.
Sports watches don't change much from year to year anymore, so it's great to get one which may be last year's model and save some money.
on February 27, 2016
These watches are workhorses!! Bought my first one in late 2011 (red & black) for about $12.00. Finally the heavy plastic band began to tear through around Dec 2015. Wore it pretty much every day - and also on trips where it got some wear and tear hiking and getting wet. Love the blue - not too loud and can be wore with most anything (dress up or dress down). Good investment for 4 years of wear!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
Good watch for the price. Has held up well for years with moderate sporting activities. All the basic functions I could ask for.
review image

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.