Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon soul2soul soul2soul soul2soul  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on February 25, 2016
I LOVED my Timex watch I had for 3 years until the strap broke. The watch still worked great and I wanted to just replace the band, but with this watch you are unable to do that. Still I loved the watch so much I decided to purchase another one. Unfortunately, although this product is advertised as a Timex watch, it is NOT a Timex watch, a very close copy yes, but not quite as good as the real thing.

If I had bought this watch first I probably would have been satisfied with it and loved it, but since I had the real deal first, I just notice the things that aren't as good and wish it was as good as my first watch. Most of the things aren't a big deal, it's just preference, like where the seconds are and the date. Usually I know what day of the week it is and I don't need a huge TH to tell me it's Thursday, if I really forgot I can spend the extra second to look closer to see the small circle with the letter on it. It's not much of a difference where the seconds are, but when I am glancing at it quickly for some reason it's harder to see on the side instead of up above. Also it's harder to set, the buttons don't push as easily and the order of the stopwatch, alarm and 2nd Time are different. I mostly use it for the stopwatch which used to be the first option but now it's the second option. That is annoying to have to push it twice now instead of once to get there. It also does not have the count down timer that the real Timex has. I am a little worried about getting it near water after reading some of the reviews. The real Timex was pretty good with water, but the people who have had problems with their watch and water probably had this "fake" Timex so I don't dare get mine wet.

Not huge things, but enough little things to be annoying and make me wish I had the real deal. Like I said before, it is a nice watch and if I had it first I probably would be satisfied with it. I just don't think it should be advertised as a Timex watch. I bought my real Timex at Walmart for this same price but they no longer carry them so I came on here to try to find it and thought I had by the description and price. I am guessing that Timex discontinued this style so another company took advantage and started selling their knock off brand under the Timex description.
review image
4 helpful votes
55 comments|Report abuse
Good watch for the price. Has held up well for years with moderate sporting activities. All the basic functions I could ask for.
review image
4 helpful votes
on December 14, 2007
This Timex watch has a mid-size bezel, which means it is extremely comfortable to wear and once on the wrist you will forget you have it on. For ladies with a larger wrist the strap is plenty long, very comfortable, and it does not pinch.

The time read out is extremely clear and easy to read, especially for a night shift RN, and the alarm is wonderfully simple to program, not only for me, but also for my 14-year-old daughter, both of us are ADD. I LOVE the soft blue indiglo back light, which is not harsh on the eyes at night.

The BEST feature is the water resistance up to 165 feet. I come home from work, get into the shower, and never worry about whether or not I am wearing the watch. I also love the new colors. This one is a cool muted, ocean blue. There are many other colors available.

Ironically, I might not have tried this watch had I not been surfing late one night and accidentally ordered this watch in my sleep. I had my one-click set up and must have dozed off and hit the button with my mouse. I even ordered it over night shipping and I hardly do that for anything I REALLY want for myself! (laughing)
106 helpful votes
107 helpful votes
22 comments|Report abuse
on November 4, 2015
Both my daughters have a version of this watch. It does everything most people would ever need, without any problems. Quality, durability and reliability are all excellent, particularly at this price. Timex has delivered a version of this watch for decades; it really isn't any different than the Ironman watch that I wore in the early 1990s. This is a good thing. It does what it is supposed to do, and looks good doing it. The light is good, the alarm is good, and the face is readable in a variety of conditions. My wife prefers the full size version of this watch, which has the same features but a bigger face. I hope Timex makes this watch for decades to come.
on June 16, 2014
This is the 4th time I've purchased this watch because I really like it. It has all the features that fit my life-style, They have changed the display and the functions slightly, not for the worse or the better-it has just changed. Just is going to take a little getting used to. When I use the timer the way I used to, it now changes to hourly chime mode-that's a little annoying, but I will get used to it. The main display is different than what's pictured, and now that I'm getting used to it, I think I like it better-the day of the week and the date are prominently displayed, and the time display is slightly smaller. All in all when the little strap that holds the strap in place near the clasp breaks-I will definitely buy this watch again!
on September 22, 2014
I bought this watch about two years ago after an older timex's black watchband broke and it would have cost nearly as much to replace the band as just buying a new watch. The color Blue is much more pleasant, and I like the style. Keep the instructions to set it, and get some magnifying glasses to be able to read the small print.! I have worn this watch while dragon-boat racing, kayaking, swimming, camping in rain, doing the dishes, and a few times in a hot tub. All that in steamy humid Florida. However, recently I spent to much time in a hot tub, and the watch proved that it is not meant for that extreme environment. It fogged up, I couldn't read it easily anymore, and after another couple of days peeking past tiny water droplets, it had given up showing the correct time.. Reluctantly I tossed it, will buy another one and take better care of it! A very good watch!
on April 21, 2015
Just received my watch today. Main reasons I purchased it for -- water resistance "suitable for showering", indiglo light, and countdown timer (as of this writing, it is still stated on the Product Description -- "Sport timing features include a 24-hour chronograph and 24-hour countdown timer."). I have not yet tested it in the shower, so hopefully I won't have to edit this review. The indiglo is nice and even all over the watch face. BUT there is no countdown timer. I have checked the manual that came with the watch and it only has these features: 24 hour time option (with seconds, if that's important to anybody), day/date, alarm, stopwatch, and 2nd time zone. I am taking away one star for the fact that the product description stated a timer, when, in fact, the actual product does not have it. I find it's a minor inconvenience that I can live with. Besides, I find it too annoying to deal with returns right now, so I will keep it. Shoppers, please keep this in mind if a timer is very important to you. Thank you.
on December 10, 2014
The time display numbers on this watch are smaller than what Amazon currently (as of Dec. 2014) showing on its listing. See the other colors (such as white or translucent blue) to see the accurate number size and date size. I liked the old number and date display a bit better than this, but it's OK.

This is my third one of these watches. The bands last for a bit longer than a year and then tear in hole area, just above where I buckle it. The band is not removable or replaceable. This opaque blue band lasts longer than the translucent blue, but still tears. Both band colors change over time. The opaque blue band became lighter and a smidge greenish. The translucent band got yellowish and looked pretty grubby.

The two previous watches have both done great on water proofness - I swim with the watch in pools, lakes and the ocean. All the features have always worked properly. I do find the interface for setting and changing the time/date etc. to be much less intuitive than other watches.
on January 16, 2016
The color seems to go with a lot of my clothes (to my surprise). Looks quite smart. Buttons are a bit sharp on the fingers when pushing them. Alarm is quiet so it won't disturb when in a Library or movie house. Face is smaller and a good size for a woman while still having a lot of features for the active woman. Lighter dial at the touch of a button. Water resistant.
CON: Unless you have a small wrist the band latch does not want to stay in place. It is just a slide on the slips off the end of the band from rubbing on a blanket at night or your long coat sleeve.
I still like it for a 2nd watch. The price was inexpensive considering all the features. So if I lose it, it won't break my budget.
on March 19, 2015
This appears to be a very nice watch. I bought it for my daughter to go scuba diving because it is resistant to 50 M. She likes it so much, she hasn't taken it off since she got it. It is the first watch she has been willing to wear regularly. We are doing diving this weekend, I'll update if we have any problems. My Daughter was able to figure out all the settings really quickly, with minimal help from the instructions.
0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.