Check out Santa's new ride Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch $5 Albums PCB for Musical Instruments $24.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Echo Dot Black Friday Deals Week: Fire tablets starting at $29.99. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

on December 16, 2008
Reliable watch has withstood three deployments, among other things, and still works great. Date, alarm, indiglo, stopwatch, and dual time zone features have been very useful. Plastic parts aren't colored all the way through and are wearing off on some edges, but that's absolutely acceptable given the wear I've put on it. The face is still clear with no major scratches despite my scraping it against everything. I don't think you can beat the durability and functionality of this watch for the price.
2012 update-- I'm still wearing this watch regularly during workouts and rowing sessions on the water, and it's still running on its original battery. Keeper!
2015 update-- original battery died after 7 years, easily replaced. Great watch!
66 comments| 235 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 22, 2015
Actually liked it. Good price. It's small. I'm not a watch person. I got it for EMT class. And I grt compliments on it all the time. I had someone one tell me my "watch game was on point"
review image
on January 5, 2016
I love this watch!!!! I've had it for about 4 months now and i wear it for work (5 days a week). I'm a infant teacher so you can imagine all the spit up, paint, glue and everything this watch endures. Naturally it also puts up with the babies pressing multiple buttons as i'm holding their feet up while i change their diaper. I can't even tell you how durable this is, there's is barely a scratch on it! You move so fast in infant rooms trying to take care of everyone that sometimes i don't even notice how hard i bang it against anything until i hear the clang of it hitting something. When I first started doing this i would wince and hesitantly check it expecting to see a giant scratch or a button completely off, but i found nothing!!!!!! Now I barely notice when i hit it. I knew it needed to be water resistant because of all my previously mentioned items it just needed to be able to be cleaned. So when i'm washing my hands i go ahead and splash soapy water all over it and clean it through out the day. Keep in mind i don't know for sure if the soap is bad for it or not, this is me just saying I've been doing it for 4 months and it's been fine. I hope this review helped, I really couldn't recommend it enough!
on February 28, 2016
I wanted a watch for our camping trip, since my cell phone (which I was using as a watch) would most likely be dead. This is comfortable and holds up to everything I've thrown at it. I haven't gone swimming with it, but it hasn't been affected by showering or washing the dishes. My only complaint is that the watch won't "stay" in the second time zone. It can be programmed for two time zones (primary and T2), but I cannot get it to stay in the T2 time zone (which would be helpful for traveling). I can change the screen to T2 to check the "other" time, but the watch won't stay there (changes back to the primary time after about 30 seconds). This isn't an issue most of the time, but it would be more convenient to just switch between the two time zones rather than having to redo the time in the primary when I travel (which is relatively often, as I live in the central time zone and travel to the eastern time zone). Overall though, I am happy with the watch.
on August 25, 2017
Great watch. I don't really use the features but I wear it everyday. Only thing I don't like is that I somehow am always accidentally bumping something on it and turning it to 24 hours time and it takes forever to figure out how to switch it back! And, not sure this is Timex brand; nothing on the watch or instructions says timex.
on June 8, 2015
This is my 4th 1440 and I just can't stop getting them! I've been buying these for years. I don't destroy them, only the straps have ever worn out. I simply like the way they have flawlessly functioned year after year. I replace batteries and the occasional strap, but the watch itself is, dare I say, bulletproof. I only need a stopwatch that will give me lap times and boom, there you have it. I have small wrists (only about 6") and there are still holes left over.
If you're into that sporty look, this is just as nice at the grocery store as it is on the trail. It's a Timex and it's a great price.
on June 7, 2013
I haven't worn a watch in at least 10 years, but got sick and tired of looking at my cell phone every time I wanted to know what time it was. I needed a sturdy watch that could withstand every day wear, and didn't want to spend much money on it, and this watch fits the bill. I am outside frequently walking, running, gardening, etc. and it's holding up well. I was suprised at how easy it was to set, as I know there were some other reviewers who had difficulty doing that. Indiglo light works great, as well as the alarm, which will is handy when I travel. I don't expect it to last forever, but for the price, I could buy a new one every year or couple of years and be happy with that. It's all about function for me; not a fashion statement, and this watch serves that purpose.
on September 23, 2014
I have had this watch for about a year now and I adore it. Naturally, I show my affection by treating it like absolute crap - this thing has been banged, dropped, smashed, dunked, scratched, frozen, fried, you name it. It is still ticking along with no problems.

I like the size of it, because it's big enough to read easily but small enough that it's not chunky. The band is holding up really well. Using the features - setting the time, alarms, using the stopwatch, etc. - is pretty intuitive so you don't have to spend a lot of time going through the manual before you figure out how to use it. Color is unremarkable so it goes with most everything.

I'm a teacher with the Peace Corps (previously in Ukraine, soon to be off to Samoa) so I need something cheap and waterproof that has a timer. You'd be surprised how often the stopwatch feature comes in handy when you're playing learning games in the classroom. I also enjoy having an extra time setting, because I can set that to California time and figure out when to Skype my family. My only criticism would be that the alarm is too quiet to actually wake me up, but I don't really use this watch as an alarm clock anyway so that doesn't bother me.

I realize, though, that I can't expect a $12.00 watch (at least, I think it was on sale for that much when I bought it) to go on indefinitely in the face of terrible treatment, which is why I recently ordered a backup to take with me to Samoa. I've definitely gotten my money's worth out of this one.
on May 7, 2014
I am a small girl and didn't want to wear a huge and ugly sport watch. I decided to take a chance on this one and am glad I did. This watch is grey and pink, not black as described. The grey color, in addition to the small size, softens the look. Setup is straightforward, and the timer is a cinch to access. I have one kink to work out with the timer, though. My first run with it was a killer--up and down a series of ravines. After an hour and twenty minutes I had to walk for a few, so I stopped the timer. When ready to resume running, I pushed the start button without looking down. After a while I checked my time, only to find that I was back in regular watch mode. I switched to timer mode and found my hour and twenty minutes still on the ticker. I resumed the timer and it worked fine for the rest of my run. My guess is that if you stop the timer it automatically reverts to watch mode after a few minutes (the instructions don't mention this). I'll have to remember it in the future. Other than that, this works fine for me. And it's cheap enough so that I don't care if I have to replace it once a year.

UPDATE: The watch still works and looks great after several weeks of use. However, I just noticed a comment by a reviewer of the Timex 1440 (purple color) claiming the watch is counterfeit--it doesn't say "Timex" anywhere. She's correct! In fact, if you look closely at the pics in the description for this version (grey and pink), some say "Timex" on the face, and others don't. I have looked my watch over front and back, and the Timex brand is missing. Shame on Amazon. I still love the watch, but I don't appreciate the misrepresentation.
on July 20, 2015
Watch came earlier than expected and I noticed that the seconds was missing part of the number, and I thought that's how it was supposed to be like and thought that perhaps they ran out of space...However, after looking at pictures here, I see that others have full seconds. Disappointed in the manufacturing
review image

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.