Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Timex Women's T5K020 Ironman Traditional Triathlon Watch with Gray Band
Amazon Vehicles Fall Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now

Color: Gray/Pink|Change

on June 6, 2009
I'm addicted to this watch and let me tell you--I use and abuse it. It's been on my wrist for 2yrs10mos; honestly I can recall less than a dozen times I've had it off. This watch has been to Burning Man (extremely harsh conditions) and around the world (18 countries, 35 cities). It's been on hikes and runs. It's been submersed without abandon. I use nearly every single function, constantly. I have never had another sport-type watch and yet I didn't have to read the instructions in order to use it. I find the functions very intuitive.

When I say I use the functions I don't mean that I used the timer once to hard-boil some eggs. I mean that I actually USE all the functions ALL DAY LONG. I consult all three time zones daily because I have/had a husband in Iraq and have friends and family abroad. I use the chrono/lap four times per day to monitor the baby's naps. I use the timer at least six times/day for the laundry, heating bottles, and with the "repeat at end" function to remind me to drink water every two hours. (I could use a 2nd timer, to be honest.) I use the alarms and love that they can be set for only weekdays, only weekends, or every day. (What a great idea!) I use the nightlight every night since the baby is up at least once and, naturally, I open one bleary eye to check the time. Regarding the night light I wish the light stayed on a little longer and I find the flick light function to be worthless. You'll break bones in your wrist flicking it hard enough to make the light come on.

This watch has been on the slopes and in rainstorms, pools, hot tubs, and the ocean. It's been on my wrist for every shower I've ever taken and submersed in dishwater twice a day. The highest compliment I can give the water-resistance feature is that I have never hesitated before doing something while wearing the watch. I just assumed it would work and it did. I have never had a water problem with it.

I replaced the battery once, I think. (Maybe twice?) I haven't had the band breakage issues that others have had, possibly because I never take it off and thus never "stress" the band. The silver paint around the face began to wear off shortly after I got it and it's looking pretty WT right about now but the plastic under the paint is sort of a metallic-ish tan/silver so it's not really too noticeable to other people unless they are really looking at my watch. Demerits for that.

The styling is definitely "sporty" and it doesn't translate well to dress clothes. I covet those Tissot/TAG/etc metal casual watches but to be honest, I can't do without the precision chrono and timer let alone the awesomeness of never having to remember what day of the week (or month) it is because I can always just look at my wrist. Why doesn't Timex make one of these in metal? I don't mind the digital display, just sometimes would like something other than resin and rubber.

After 2yrs10mos the band finally broke when my daughter pulled on it. I'm ordering the exact same style and would pay ten time this much for the amount of use and functionality I got out of it. Highly recommend.
review image
55 comments| 91 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 8, 2008
So far I am happy with this watch. Note that this particular model is gray/pink, rather than black/pink. The numbers are large and easy to read, though as a consequence the watch face is rather large. I use the chronometer frequently when running. The lap/split button is large and easy to access. It is easy to review the split times afterwards. When setting the watch, you can go forward or backward, which saves time for small backward adjustments. If you don't use all of the features (all three alarms, etc.), you change the settings so that they don't appear when you cycle through the functions with the mode button. Reading the manual will save time in learning how to use the various features, but most are fairly intuitive. The band is comfortable. I cannot speak to the longevity or water resistance of this watch.
22 comments| 84 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 15, 2011
I bought this watch for my wife to replace another Timex 30-Lap Women's Ironman watch. This is her third one in 15 years. They are very durable, waterproof, and reasonably priced. The only reason her other ones failed was that the band broke, and I could not find a replacement at the time. I would have given it a 5 star rating if the band held up as well as the rest of the watch - although the bands do go about 4-5 years before they give out. My wife likes this watch because it is smaller than most sport watches, yet has large readable numbers and large buttons that are easy to use. Since ordering it, I found that you can buy replacement bands directly from Timex for a mere $8 (you have to call them, not sold on their website), so I bought a spare for both her new and old watch.
on October 29, 2005
It took a while for Timex to come out with a new Ironman watch that would turn me back from my Casio G-Shock. This one caught my eye.

It has a bright white LCD display which far out-shines the Casio, 3 alarm types (daily, weekdays and weekends - an intelligent arrangement), 3 time zones, stopwatch, a backward timer and an appointment reminder (with preset appointment names to choose from such as, "birthday").

This watch offers plenty of surprises - aside from offering you the features listed above, it actually offers you the ability to turn them off. What this means is you can remove the appointment reminder or the 3rd alarm type (for example) from the mode cycle.

The Indiglo lighting was another surprise. At first, in regular indoor lighting, I thought Indiglo wasn't working. It wasn't until I brought the watch into a darker room that I could see why. All the digital watches I've seen light the face with a blueish hue - but this new breed of Ironman lights up just the digits themselves in a negative orange-on-black appearance. The effect isn't nearly as bright as the "flashlight" typical LCD's project but it does allow you to read the time... and is probably one of the ways Timex managed to get a 6 year battery life out of these models.

All in all, a nice find - and finding it at Amazon for 27% off was even nicer!
on July 30, 2009
I have had this watch for at least 2yrs. and like it alot. But, today the band just broke right in half... That's sad. :( So, I think I'm going to get another that's like it. I like the alarms and timers, like esp. for nursing, and making sure I shut my pt's antibiotics off before the beep like crazy! :) I like the alarms too. And of course, the indiglo is good because I'm sneaking around in the dark a lot on night shifts, so I need to light it up to check pulses, resp., etc. You should get it!
33 comments| 53 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 23, 2010
This is a nice watch. Has all the features that I need. HOWEVER..... the color on the face definitely fades over time so you have a monochromatic grey rather than the light blue. ALSO the watch band falls apart long before the watch does. At present I have the watch band held together with electrical tape and staples. I am sure timex figures that most folks will just buy a new watch- but I am cheap and stubborn. I must admit that I have not contacted timex to inquire about a new watch band but off hand it does not appear to be easily replaced. If the watch band lasted as long as the watch I would be thrilled.
33 comments| 31 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 19, 2011
I bought this watch based on a previous review that said it comes with interval timers. It doesn't. It does have a timer that you can set so it repeats once it reaches zero. I wanted a watch that you can set to time run/walk intervals - on those you set interval 1 and interval 2 and you can set it so it repeats the intervals until you stop it.

This watch does have the chrono feature (but I think pretty much all sports watch have that), the timer, 3 alarms and something called "occasion." Looks nice, as pictured.

If you're a runner and you're just interested in your split times, this will work. If you do the run/walk thing, or you want to do timed sprints with a timed recovery in between w/o constantly checking your watch, this isn't the watch you want.

This is the only watch I've found so far that does intervals: Timex Women's T5K007 Ironman Sleek 50-Lap Resin Strap Watch
on June 19, 2013
I love this watch. Great color, great size, you can wear it anywhere and do anything with it. The buttons are easy to use and intuitive. If you've ever had another Timex sports watch, this one has exactly the same buttons/features, so there's no need to re-learn anything.

Recently, the watchband broke. I looked for a replacement here on amazon, but the reviews all said the band sold here won't fit this watch. Based on several others' reviews and comments I eventually called Timex directly. They will send you a replacement band for $10 or, even better, send them your watch and a check and they will put the band on for you and send it back. Same price, so if you can due without the watch, I'd go that route. Here's the info for Timex:
Tel: 1-800-448-4639
Mail to:
TG Service Center
PO Box 8009
Little Rock, AR 72203
on October 11, 2009
Love it, Love it, Love it!!! Three weeks before buying this watch I bought the Timex Marathon because it was petite, but it leaked after the second week...don't buy that one. So, I found this one and it is perfect. I was concerned it would be too big on my wrist, but it is not and the colors look great...femine, but not girly. I love all the features and best of all it does not leak. I've done two sprint triathlons since purchasing it and love the split time feature because I can push the Start/Split button before and after each transition and then can go back later and check all my split times. Great watch, great price.
on August 28, 2007
I have owned several Ironman watches by Timex going back ages. They used to be so complicated to use, but I needed the features it offers. The Indiglo is better, hoping it will lead to longer battery life. The stopwatch (chronograph) is much, much easier to use because this one tells you how to reset it, rather than guessing. But what I am delighted about most of all is that the numbers are clearer on the face than ever before. As far as alarms go, I can now tell which ones are on and which ones are off, as the watch TELLS me. I always wear the bands out, so I give these watches a lot of wear and tear, feeling that I am getting my money's worth. This watch fills the bill and the color choice was fabulous on the Amazon site.