Amazon Business Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 March Birthstone Book House Cleaning biglittlelies biglittlelies biglittlelies  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Trade in and get paid instantly Tackle Any Terrain with Cycling on Amazon STEM

Showing 1-10 of 1,572 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,911 reviews
on November 25, 2015
I love my Timex Ironman watches. I've got almost every color and a couple of the different styles. The white bands will usually discolor to grey, but it's really not that big of a deal, it just looks like it's supposed to be that color. Working in the healthcare field, I love the date and seconds (counting out for a procedure) - and the settings for running are amazing. The watches are not bulky, this one in particular is my favorite so far, it's not quite as large as I thought it would be, but that actually is a plus for me. I would recommend to anyone, and if you're on a budget, there are less expensive ones that are nice from the same line of Timex.
review image
on December 9, 2016
I really like this watch. I use the app feature for nursing to time intervals between feedings. I just ordered my fourth watch and I give it four stars due to the fact that they ALL have lasted just shy of a year each and all break in the same place. See the picture. On one the indiglo feature burned out at ten months and on one the mini band to keep the end down broke. Lucky for me I had my old watches and could use that piece from a different watch. I've also had condensation inside the screen for one. I used to use this watch for lap swimming and it worked great for that. No more swimming for me unfortunately. I do love the waterproof feature. So nice for giving The kids baths not to have to worry about taking it off, or for my shower. I wear mine all the time. Night and day, so if you never take yours off- your watch won't last for years like several reviews here I am seeing. But for the cost, a year isn't a bad output so I am pretty satisfied.
review image review image
on November 6, 2016
I bought this watch to replace the exact same model that I had for about 3 years. I like it over other models because of the large lap button, which I use while swimming, and the 50 lap memory, which is enough to log my mile and mile-and-a-half swim splits.

The thing keeping my review 4 instead of 5 stars is the design of how the plastic strap holds the watch part. Where the strap surrounds the watch part, around the buttons, holding it into place, the strap is very thin and can tear easily. That is where my last one broke, when my hand hit a swim lane rope while swimming laps. Once the strap tears, there's not much to do to salvage the watch.

I sure wish Timex sold replacement bands for this watch, but they don't, so I had to spring for a whole new watch.
on March 9, 2015
I have had this watch, but bought this for my 9 year old daughter who needed a sturdy watch. Looked at Timex velcro band watches and the end would stick out too far when tightened on her wrist. This actually worked nicely and she loves all the features, and I love that we don't have to question whether it is truly waterproof or be super careful with it. I have had several that get quite beat up and typically the band breaks before the watch. BTW, you can call Timex and they will replace the watch if the band is broken (since the band is not replaceable on this model on it's own) for $10, the cost of the band (they even pay shipping).
on January 23, 2010
This is the second time I buy this watch. My first one lasted 4+ years. I can do the dishes, shower, swim while wearing it and it does not get damaged. It's very easy to program - very idiot proof. I also love the fact that it helps me with my running intervals so that I can run injury free using the Jeff Galloway method. That indiglo feature is very convenient to check the time when it's dark and the cell phone is out of reach. Oh, did I mention that it's so comfortable I wear it 24/7?
22 comments| 92 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 19, 2013
I bought this watch for counting laps in the pool - just for fitness swimming. Today I took it out for the first time and it worked like a charm! It was comfortable to wear in the water, easy to use for lap counting, and it's still in perfect condition. After my workout I stored my laps and reviewed them later. So far so good!

As previous reviewers have indicated, the watch is really more Tiffany blue than mint green. I'm glad i knew that because I was looking for a turquoise watch not a green one.
The manufacturer commented on the review below
on April 18, 2016
I have owned this watch 4 times, twice in blue, once in white and lastly in black.
I love this watch for so many reasons, hence, why I keep buying it *even after it breaks :( I love it.
I love working out, doing triathlons and so waterproof and not fragile were important must-haves for my watch.

Pros:
The wear is comfortable and not too heavy.
I really enjoys the extra features for running/stop watch/timers etc...
Military time has been so great since we lived in Europe and really enjoy keeping all of our devices on military time
The beeper is loud enough to wake you up, but not loud enough to annoy others at the gym when working out doing circuits/sprints, etc.. It's also loud enough (if your headphones aren't full blast) to hear while running on the road.
Water proof and not too heavy for swimming, actually I didn't even notice it while swimming and it was nice to have when trying to time myself in the water.
I loved the light up feature too (which none of my prettier watches do), it's nice to be able to see what time it is in the dark.

Cons:
Since I have owned this watch 4 times I can tell you that they are just not made to last. Mine last about 2 years. So if that is how long they should last, then I guess I have got my money's worth. And I keep going back for more.
My wrist strap broke on two of them. And then two of them died unable to be repaired with a battery and so on.
My one side complaint about the white and blue ones are that the color changed/wore off over time and it started to look grungy. The black one held up the longest as far as color is concerned.

Truth be told I will be ordering the same one again because it has all the features I love, despite the lack of endurance in quality.
on December 18, 2013
My daughter has had 2 ironman (traditional) watches and likes them very much. They have lasted reasonably well with the watch outlasting the band. I chose this new watch largely because of the lime color and was very disappointed to have it arrive in all it's bright yellow glory! The picture looks a little yellow-ish, but naming it "lime" convinced me my computer screen was distorting the true color a bit. No such luck. I will more than likely return it and just wanted to let any other fans of lime green know that this may not be what you're looking for if the color is important to you.
The manufacturer commented on the review below
on August 6, 2016
I'd give five stars for the watch, and one star for the band, so the average is three stars. This light-colored band discolored quickly, and I would suggest a darker band. But most importantly, this band, like several other Timex Ironman watch bands, broke after a year or so. The watches are wonderful, but the bands always break. By the time I need a new band, the style has changed, and no band is available. I now have four working Ironman watches with broken bands in a plastic bag on my desk. I've given up on them, and am using my cell phone for a watch.
on April 19, 2015
I love this watch. The color goes with any outfit and I love the features of the Timex ironman watches such as stopwatch, lap, and dual time zones. The indiglo night time backlight feature is very convenient. I have had two other of these in different colors because they were less expensive, but this time I splurged for the gray and so far I am glad that I did. My only complaint (with the previous ones) is that the band tends to break after any significant amount of bending because it is plastic. I am trying not to bend the band on this one to avoid this problem. Overall, it is a great watch.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.