Industrial Deals Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 698 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 886 reviews
on December 11, 2016
I've had this watch for almost 8 months now, and I love the idea of the design with the split band and I love the actual watch itself, with the clear display and nightlight feature. I use the stopwatch and the chime, but not really the alarms.

My gripe is that the case itself is really not very sturdy. I don't do sports. I just go about my daily business fixing computers and showering, and the case is incredibly scratched to the point where TIMEX IRONMAN isn't even readable in certain lights. The face is starting to pull away from the band. I originally had this in a beautiful bright blue, but the resin band picked up so much nastiness and couldn't be cleaned (even Timex customer support didn't have any tips) and the band can't be replaced--so I picked this black one so that the dirt wouldn't show.

I've started shopping around for a replacement...just in case this one spontaneously fails like other reviewers have noted.
on April 22, 2017
I have had this watch before. I was a nurse in a prison and needed the nearly all the functions this watch provided. I had it in the blue shade, as it matched my scrubs. This watch lasted about 4 years until the plastic strap just broke. The watch is still running but I could not see how you could replace the band, so I purchased a new one. I was going to switch back to the "classic" Analog with date and indiglo Timex but was having trouble finding one with the minute hatch marks in womens (mens would be far too large for my petite wrists) so I decided to buy the same one again, as I feel it's a good watch. This time I got the black so it's less conspicuous. The watch is still working. I have never changed the batteries. The band around the face was starting to pull away about a month or so ago, then last week the band (where I latch it) cracked one morning and by noon it had cracked from the other side inwards, making a complete crack, and un-usable. The good news is that this band and clasp area seem to be stronger than my previous watch, so perhaps this will last longer. I gave 5 stars because like I said, it was only the plastic band that did not last more than 4 years of EVERYDAY (24/7) use, the watch is still keeping time, and I still have not needed to change the battery. I may keep the old one as a timer/stopwatch until the battery dies and then I will update this review and let you know just how long the battery and watch actually worked! I highly recommend this watch.
on July 19, 2013
I bought this watch for counting laps in the pool - just for fitness swimming. Today I took it out for the first time and it worked like a charm! It was comfortable to wear in the water, easy to use for lap counting, and it's still in perfect condition. After my workout I stored my laps and reviewed them later. So far so good!

As previous reviewers have indicated, the watch is really more Tiffany blue than mint green. I'm glad i knew that because I was looking for a turquoise watch not a green one.
The manufacturer commented on the review below
on August 6, 2016
I'd give five stars for the watch, and one star for the band, so the average is three stars. This light-colored band discolored quickly, and I would suggest a darker band. But most importantly, this band, like several other Timex Ironman watch bands, broke after a year or so. The watches are wonderful, but the bands always break. By the time I need a new band, the style has changed, and no band is available. I now have four working Ironman watches with broken bands in a plastic bag on my desk. I've given up on them, and am using my cell phone for a watch.
on November 4, 2015
I purchase a new one of these watches every year or two because they don't hold up. I have skinny wrists and this style works well for that. The watchband is also more than long enough with plenty of notches for even smaller wrists. I've been buying this watch for the last 6 or 7 years and will continue to because I like the watch and it matches my work uniform well. 4 stars because I wish they would last longer. The wristband parts tend to break or come apart from the watch face (rubber goes completely around watch face). Because of the design, you can't replace the wristbands and have to buy a whole new watch.
on May 31, 2016
It's a throw away watch...this purchase was to replace one I bought last June. .first the little band to keep the strap closed broke...I hobbled together a makeshift wire alternate. ..finally the strap mysteriously split one day last week so I researched a replacement band to discover a new watch would be a more cost effective option!
My purchase arrived in 2 days...perfect shopping experience! !
I need the ability to read the dial in the dark and the last Ironman did fine in the few ocean or pool swims I had last year ( I read that you can't push buttons underwater as it breaks the seal)
on November 27, 2016
I am a believer in ugly sports watches as everyday wear. They are so resilient. The only reason I gave this watch only four stars is because the little band that holds in the excess strap broke off after 8 months of regular wear. I replaced it with a rubber band but I do wish it held up better because the green rubber band just took the ugly sports watch dorky to ugly sports watch dorky and also frugal. It's not terribly fashionable but it works like a charm.
on June 10, 2014
I've been buying the Ironman watch for several years now. Have gone through a few. The strap broke on the last one, which was annoying as it seems there is no replacement available, and apart from that, the watch works perfectly fine. Anyway, i ordered another one - this is the more expensive model with the nice cutout strap. It's basically what I expected with one or two exceptions Firstly, the buttons just feel cheaper, more plasticy. I don't like the feel of them at all compared to the previous Ironman watches. I don't know what they've done with the materials but it's definitely a downgrade. Apart from that I'm happy with the watch - although it took a while and had to consult the cryptic instructions to figure out how to set up a very simple Chrono function. All I want to do is time my runs and stop them when they are done. I don't need lap timing or anything like that. It wasn't the default setting for the chrono function and took a bit to figure out change its mode to do this.
on March 16, 2017
I use these type of watches primarily to do interval training. This one particularly has a "timer" as well as an "interval timer," which is great depending on your [training] needs. That being said, the other most important factor to me is the volume of the alarm -- when/where I"m training, there's most likely significant noise and I need an alarm to go off that I can hear, really hear. I would have liked a louder alarm sound, or, better yet -- a function where I can manage the alarm volume. So yes, I use this alarm's timer functions and I think that I am accustom to listening for the alarm in or about the time that I expect it to go off, but really, I would have paid more for a louder alarm/alarm volume control.
on May 8, 2016
I'm a guy, and I'm a big fan of Ironman watches--for the price, the durability, the waterproofing, and the simple and intuitive functionality which is better than anything else out there. I don't need a watch to tell me how many "steps" I've taken, etc. Just tell me the time, an alarm when needed, a stopwatch, and an easily adjustable countdown timer for exercise, cooking, etc. And a watch that stays out of my way when I'm doing my thing.

I went with this women's watch because it's sleeker and less in the way. I'm 6'2" and 160 lbs, relatively skinny so I new my wrist size wouldn't be an issue. I have 2-3 remaining holes after the buckle is secured. I like how this watch has all the same functionality of a men's Ironman watch, but doesn't interfere as much, and is less noticeable. I don't like to be reminded that my technology is there while I'm trail running, rock climbing, paddle boarding, biking, etc. This watch does it all without bothering me.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.