BCA Month Salon Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited $69.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on March 22, 2016
i used to wear a watch all the time for most of my life, then i stopped when i became tethered to the electronic device. why carry two watches basically. decided to wear one again, in an effort to disengage from needing to have my phone on me all of the time and having the distraction of looking at it. i need something that is water resistant, because i hate taking a watch on and off, and i am not a huge fan of the stretchy pinchy watch bands. i have a very thin wrist and although i am a technotard at times with figuring out instructions, it was easy to set the watch up. there is a pulse feature, which i cant say was the reason i got it, as i monitor my bp regularly and the monitor gives me that info, but it is handy if you are interested in that feature. you just have to remember you have to calculate the hr. all in all it served the purpose i needed perfectly. highly recommend.
on October 10, 2017
I never expected timex to give in to becoming a piece of crud from foreign soils. NO INSTRUCTIONS. JUST WORDS TO PROTECT THEM IF A WARRANTY ISSUE COMES UP.

NO INSTRUCTIONS!!!!!!!

BOUGHT FOR PULSE FEATURE. IT WILL NOT SET AND AFTER A 30 MINUTE MANUAL SEARCH ON LINE, THAT ONE POINT IS NOT COVERED.

BIG DEAL, I CAN RETURN IT. THAT IS A HASSLE. WHY CAN'T A COMPANY MAKE A RELIABLE PRODUCT? TIMEX IS NOW GARBAGE, LIKE SO MANY OTHER "AMERICAN" COMPANIES. AND OF COURSE THEY HIRE THE UNQUALIFIED WHO DEMAND MIN. $15/HR. THERE IS A REASON PEOPLE MAKE MINIMUM WAGE. THEY HAVENT PREPARED THEMSELVES TO DO ANYTHING. TIMEX PROVES THE POINT
on August 9, 2015
I wear this watch 24/7. I use the timer function ALL the time. Love that it gives me a half way reminder as I teach swimming lessons and it is great for time management. My only complaint is the band breaks easily as does the Indiglo. Once these go it is not a very handy. I have saved dead watches to replace bands buts no fix for Indiglo.
on January 17, 2013
AFTER 2 MONTHS:
I've worn this watch daily for a year and 2 months. The first 2 months, I almost always took it off when I went in the ocean. After that, I was less careful. It *is* waterproof after all. The following month it was no longer in the ocean, but made 4 trips to water aerobics with me. Shortly after that, the indiglo stopped working.

AFTER 18 MONTHS:
The band mysteriously tore apart after 18 months of (near daily) wear. It didn't break at any of the tension points. Instead, it *tore* in the middle of the band (2 locations), as though it were cut. So weird! But the watch itself (except for the indiglo) is still working just fine.
on April 23, 2017
Love this watch, use it at work and traveling, while swimming and running, to time myself doing random activities. I was debating between this and the newest waterproof Apple Watch, and decided this one did everything I wanted (except browse the internet, accept texts and calls, and measure my heartrate), at a much more reasonable price, without needing to be recharged. Perfect.
on August 31, 2015
This is the most sleek, elegant looking sports watch I've found. Works well, with buttons that are a little hard to press, which is perfect to me since they are almost never accidentally pressed. The plastic band adjusted to even fit my really tiny wrist and is comfortable, even after I leave it on in the shower. I almost never took this watch off. It could be dressed up enough to wear to all but the most formal events, and it's small enough to not look lumpy or obvious under long sleeves.

After two years of constant use and in extreme conditions (a.k.a. my life), the plastic strap finally broke. The same day, I ordered the exact same watch. Independent of money, it's a great watch. Considering its multiple functions and modest price, it's an amazing deal.
on February 25, 2016
i have only had the watch since august... so 7 months. it has flooded, and no longer works. apparently I couldn't return or exchange it more than 30 days after purchase. also having the mode button at the bottom has been very annoying. it changes all the time and when I try to sneak a look at the time its in some other mode. that's timex's fault. a bad call. very disappointed that it didn't even last one year.
on March 22, 2015
This is my second Ironman, this Pulse version is different in some respects vs. my first Ironman swim lap.
The first ironman was worn four years as daily watch before the band developed a small problem, keeps on ticking tho.
I readily ordered this Pulse as a replacement, and have been wearing it daily for 4 months at time of this review.

Comparing the Ironman Pulse to previous Ironman
--Pros--
+Incredibly comfortable! +love that is smaller and lighter.
+color exactly as shown and as ordered. Mine is dark grey band with soft mauve buttons, subtle and goes anywhere.
Both have been. +time-wise accurate +very easy to setup and use functions +great battery life (never replaced one), very very good water resistance for swimming in pool and frequent water based household chores.

Some differences:
~Pulse main Timer is different.
~Pulse doesn t have lap counter/timers.
~Pulse adds a pulse calculator, it's basic not smart.

Cons for me:
-Timer! not the same variable timer, limited to certain presets, Max is 1 hour. I often use a timer. I do not love this timer.
-Indiglo is too brief - lights up well, but turns off too quickly to get from (ex) Timer back to clock without a second indiglo

Minor cons, but I may return to the other ironman ladies watch next time. End of story, I love this watch for everything else it does, and it is so comfortable and light you Don't even notice it on your wrist.
I recommend Timex ironman watches to my friends and others without reservation.
on July 7, 2017
This watch is the one I have owned the longest without it breaking or the face getting very scratched up - I've had it 2-3 years and have worn it everywhere, including working out and in the pool, shower, ocean... It's very easy to clean too. I would recommend this one over the Iron Man watch with the split band because the band tends to break away from the face. However, the "pulse calculator" feature is just a timer in which you count your own pulse.
on December 16, 2014
I love this watch. This is the second one I have purchased. I replaced drained batteries and broken straps approximately once a year on the previous one for about five years until the screws became eroded and I decided not to try to replace the battery once it began to fail again. I don't mind the frequent battery changes as much as the fact that the strap always cracked apart after about a year. I am not hard on my belongings, though I do wear this in the shower. It is the only watch band that has ever broken on me. This second watch I purchased in December of 2013 still has an intact wrist band, so maybe they have improved that, but the indiglo light began to fail a few weeks ago, just prior to the warranty expiring. At first I thought maybe the battery had become weak, but normally when that happens the numbers become faint and the timer doesn't work well. Neither of those things is happening right now, just the light won't work. I read other reviews and noticed I am not the only person who has had the light fail after such a brief period of use. I am happy to purchse this watch every few years, Timex, but I do not appreciate planned obsolescence that causes me to have to choose between buying a different, higher quality watch and replacing this one annually. This would be the perfect watch for me if Timex would just build it a little better.