Your Garage Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Book House Cleaning DrWho DrWho DrWho  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 774 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 828 reviews
I ordered this Timex in purple for my 10 year old daughter. She adores the vivid color of the wrist strap. The digital time on the watch is easy to see and there are several different options for stop watch functions and such. There is an indiglo feature on it, where with a push of a button a bright green/blue back-light comes on, letting you see the time in the dark. The light has a self-timer and goes off on its own after a few seconds.

The wrist strap easily fits an array of wrist sizes. I tried it on and it fits my adult (women's sized) wrist, but also fits my daughters 10 year old pre-teen sized wrist.

Setting the time is best done by an adult, as there are several buttons and it could be a bit tricky for kids.

My daughter is quite hard on things, constantly playing outside with friends and coming home a mess every day. This watch has held up through her daily abuses and is still ticking. Definitely a great watch for a young lady.
55 comments| 89 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 29, 2010
Bought this watch for daughter for Christmas. Got it for her to use when running to be able to track herself when not on a timed run.

The watch is good looking (she loves purple) and functional. The buttons are a little small for my large fingers, but she seems to have no problems. The band is rubber/plastic and should hold up well and she said is comfortable.

I was looking for an inexpensive watch for her with a stop watch function and was water/sweat proof. This seems to fit the bill. Timex makes more expensive watches if you need more functions. But would recommend this for a basic sport watch or for beginners.
on October 7, 2013
I purchased this watch to easily check the time without pulling out my phone at work, and to keep track of time while on a cruise I'm taking in a few months. I was immediately impressed with the crispness of the numbers on the watch and the dual time zone function. The backlight function goes off for only a handful of seconds, so I don't need to worry about annoying anyone with a glowing watch.

The only problem I've encountered so far is that I've scratched the face quite a bit while working/going about my day. It's still readable but looks like it's been through a lot. I will definitely purchase another 1440 watch when this one is on its last legs!
TOP 500 REVIEWERon November 29, 2013
I think it's sort of silly for me, a grown woman, to be in love with a plastic watch, but there you go. This is my second 1440 Timex- I bought the teal one about two years ago and it's still running fine but the band has started to yellow a bit, so I decided for the price I should just get a new one.

I *love* this watch. I love the color, which is a tiny bit darker than in the photo. It's kind of a deep periwinkle.

I love the size, which is not small, but not giant, either. I wanted a nice, readable, chunky watch that didn't look like I was wearing a hubcap on my arm but also didn't look like a dainty little girls' watch, either. The 1440 is perfect. It looks sporty and modern.

I love how easy it is to use- Timex watches are always a bit tricky to set because they have so *many* functions, but I was able to get it set and on my wrist a couple of minutes after getting it out of the shipping box.

I love how durable it is- I swim five miles a day and I garden, so I needed an inexpensive watch that could take tons of moisture, sun exposure, water submersion, exposure to scratchy twigs, and all around rough-housing and continue to work, and the Timex fits the bill.

Trust me, I know in time the color of the watch will fade, the silver paint will chip off, and the band will most likely yellow (most Timex watches, especially those with the "gelly" plastic bands do this...) but for what I paid for it, it's totally worth it. I have splurged on some high-end watches and they all have wound up not working (the water exposure is too much for even divers watches) so paying under twenty for a watch that I love the looks of and then getting a year or two out of it is fine by me.

This is not a timepiece you will pass on to your kids, it's basically a disposable watch that you only have to replace every few years. If you purchase it knowing that, you'll be very happy.
on September 8, 2015
Waterproof, fits great, and the 9-year old loves it. Did I mention it's purple? True to the picture it's great. I couldn't figure out how to set the alarms on the watch. I was waiting with my dd for the school bus and I hear the watch beeping. I said you figured that out? She was like yeah...it was easy to set....hey...can't get any better than that!
on March 27, 2017
LOVE this watch! Is very water proof, I wear it in the shower, in the pool, whenever I go swimming in the lake... I only take it off to sleep. It held up through all of this, until about a year and half the little plastic part to hold the extra wrist strap broke! Then I proceeded to buy a new one. The other is still functional, I just felt it time for a replacement.
GREAT WATCH, would recommend this product
on August 19, 2013
I bought one before (different color) and it made it for 13 months around the world in different countries as to where it didn't make it any longer.
So I bought a new one of the same brand, but this time purple because I loved my previous watch. Endures a lot. Good in water, sweat. Everything.
on November 7, 2014
It was a gift for a friend in the hospital. it works well and was easy to setup And if it gets lost, despite being very recognizable, it isn't a really big loss.
on May 8, 2014
It works well and is not too difficult to figure out. My 13 year old doughter has had it for two years although there are many scratches.
on September 2, 2012
I am a Nursing Ass't & I wash my hands alot(!), this watch and band are well suited to my profession, as well as looking nice at work or at home.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.