Truck Reviews HPC Warlight Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Electronics Gift Guide Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

on July 20, 2015
This is the first time I've owned this particular model of Timex women's ironman watches, but I've owned at least six before this one of a slightly different model. I never had a complaint with what I got for the price (usually the band would break at the face and I'd replace the watch). That hasn't happened yet with this watch, which I have owned for almost two years now. However, I find it extremely frustrating that water accumulates in little pockets on the underside of the band both above and below the face. I have to stick my towel or something into those areas after getting my hands wet or else it can take hours for the water to evaporate on its own - I suppose it makes a perfect little seal with my wrist and the water can't escape easily. This little issue has caused unexpected water droplets to emerge on things I'd prefer to keep dry and also in some minor skin irritation. Otherwise it's been a decent watch and maybe it just isn't the Timex for me and I will go back to the old models that worked better for me. I included a picture with the water collection areas.
review image
18 people found this helpful
on July 3, 2017
I find myself needing to buy a new timex watch about every year. The watch itself is okay. It tells time and is easy to use. The face tends to get scratched very easily. Also the band is not great. There is a little piece that holds the tail of the band down. That is usually the first thing to break. Once that breaks i have this long tail just flapping around so I have to cut it shorter. That helped prolong the life of the watch maybe another month. Then the rubber band started to tare by one of the holes for adjusting the band and was pinching and hurting me. Then it broke. totally not usable anymore. After going through this cycle three or four times in the same number of years I am giving up on Timex Ironman watches. They did fit me really well and I did like them, but the quality is not worth it anymore.

If this review helped you please click YES!
review imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview image
2 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on November 8, 2015
I was training for a swim test to keep a safety diver certification. This was invaluable to keep progress on my progress. I am happy with the performance overall. However I needed to resort to U-tube to understand the directions. After mastering the instructions (on-line) I would say this is the best you can do for a very fair price, I looked at "sports stores" and this price beat them by 25% or more. I am happy with it! It has taken a beating , almost every day in the pool, ocean and after 9 months still works fine. The only reason I rated it a 4 star instead of a 5 is the instructions. Next time I may opt for the more expensive one that you can just "tap" to record lap times.
on October 1, 2014
My favorite watch for camping/travel/pack trips. This is the only Indiglo whose face is large enough for me to read the time at night. Another positive is that the style is not bulky - in spite of the large face. With its smaller band and its feminine color, it wins first-in-class in the women's athletic watch category. I have worn this brand of watch for weeks at a time and NEVER had any skin reaction to its band, even while wearing sunscreen underneath it. The negative: the Indiglo feature fails while the battery is still showing a full charge. I had my prior one tested, going as far as having a new battery installed - yet still only a useless blob of Indiglo, rather than the full watch face Indiglo. Even a BRAND-NEW watch purchased at WalMart displayed only a blob, instead of the promised Indiglo. If Timex could solve their Indiglo problem, this watch would earn 5 stars.
2 people found this helpful
on December 13, 2015
I purchased this watch for work and for exercise. I lost my $200 fitness tracker, so I bought this as a cheap replacement. I use it to time my runs outside. It was also the best option for work that I could find in a digital watch. It doesn't always match my outfits, but then again, neither would any digital watch on the market. They are not really meant for business casual. This watch is not too bulky, which is a huge plus for me. The strap has a piece that keeps it in place and doesn't allow the excess to flap around. It has holes on the strap that make it look like mesh, but the holes don't go all the way through, so it's really just a textured design. Overall, I'm pretty satisfied. So far, I haven't had to replace the battery or anything. It's held up fine for several months.
on June 29, 2016
Fun colors - actually prettier in person than the drab-ish photo. Nice big display, easy to use once you remember which buttons do what :). I'm a runner and it's nice to be able to see split times etc on the move. I previously had the same watch in white which I also reviewed - not as favorably because the white band didn't stay white for long. . . no issues with this color. I like this color better than the white though I never would have guessed that based on comparing the online pictures!
on June 29, 2016
This watch had all the features I was looking for in a swimming watch. The main thing I was looking for was something that I could swim with to see how long I was in the water and how long I I was taking to do a lap. I also use it to take my pulse when I swim. That was really ALL I wanted the watch to do but you can't get such minimal features on a waterproof watch. It had enough extra features that I frequently had to stop if I hit the wrong button and figure out how to get back to the function that I was trying to use. For this reason alone I reduced it by a star, not because of any feature defect or flaw but because it's really overkill for what I wanted which made it a little too difficult to use in my opinion.
on October 6, 2012
I bought this watch for my wife since every other watch she has bought for timing her runs either was too complicated to set or didn't have the simple feature of allowing you to record your total run time. She also has a smaller wrist so didn't need a hugh watch. She found setting this watch simple and loves it so much she wears it to work in addition to when she runs. Simply a great Timex watch at a great price with a great look!
6 people found this helpful
on October 26, 2013
This is a replacement for an older model Timex that is no longer available. When I use the night light in the dark without my glasses I really have to squint to read the time and then don't always get it right. The older model had a better light. Also the night light button is at one o'clock, opposite the mode button which can accidentally get pushed when pushing the night light button.

Update: after 44 days of use the night light has stopped working. Amazon is sending a replacement of the same item. I have a six-year-old still-working Timex. I hope Timex quality has not deteriorated. Amazon customer service is terrific. I called 866-216-1072.
5 people found this helpful
on April 25, 2014
This is my third ironman women's watch. I have loved all of them. I got my first when my twins were born to keep track/alarms on different schedules. Since then I only take the watch off to shower or to wear a nicer "going out" watch. I particularly like this one because the numbers are big and clear. It has a cleaner and more modern feel than other ones I have owned. The color around the rim looks magenta to me and the rest is dark gray. The face is big and took me a little bit to get used to it but now I love it. I find that the actual watch mechanism would last forever (never had to change a battery on any of them) but the straps and surround, whether be fabric, velcro or resin (like this one) will eventually become broken or too dirty due to my constant use. But I won't complain since getting a new watch (that doesn't cost an arm and a leg) once in while is nice too!
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.