Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning kidsevergreen kidsevergreen kidsevergreen  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7, starting at $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite uncharted Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 963 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 985 reviews
on January 14, 2012
I purchased this Tingley Mens 1400 Pull-on Boot for the sole purpose of protecting my shoes and lower pant leg.
If you're familiar with wearing standard height (ankle-high) shoes in the winter time across parking lots and salted sidewalks, you'll know how salt will damage your shoe and stain your pant leg, not to mention how your shoes and pant leg get soaked if you have to walk through an unexpected snowfall without tall boots. I didn't want to lug around a second pair of tall boots for those "in case it snows" days and these pull-on boot covers seemed like the next best thing.

SIZING:
======
Summary: They run small, I had to get 2 sizes up to make this product usable.
I wear shoes ranging in size 11-1/2" to 12" with medium/medium-wide widths depending on make/style.
I originally purchased an XXL (12.5-14") figuring that it would give me a little room and make it easier to slip on/off.
WRONG, I could not slip it on all but one of my shoes, and even that was an acrobatic feet.
I returned it and bought an XXL (14-15.5") and it fits, with just a slight amount of wiggle.
If your wear your shoes loose, it's likely that your foot would slip out of your shoe instead of the shoe slipping out of the boot, since the shoe cover does not come off too easily (as long as it's sized right).

The following are exterior dimensions I obtained from Tingley's which helped me pick out the right size:
Length*: 11.35 (S), 12.18 (M), 12.74 (L), 13.13 (XL), 13.69 (2XL), 14.24 (3XL)
Width: 4.28 (S), 4.68 (M), 4.70 (L), 4.75 (XL), 4.88 (2XL), 4.95
* The length includes the kick-off heel that extends 1/2" out the back.

REVIEW:
======
The boot cover is molded from a nice high-quality black rubber and is non-glossy.
The sole has a nice boot-like tread that has good traction on asphalt, concrete and vinyl floors.

The fold-over snap closure (when unsnapped) offers a generous opening that makes it easier to slip in/out.
The snap closure is really more a rubber button and hole, not a true "snap" closure.
If your snap closure hole isn't all the way through, just cut a "+" slit so that the button will fit easily.

Since it's made of a nice flexible rubber, they fold down nicely, I just put it in a plastic bag and slip it in my backpack so it's there when I need it, beats having to lug around bulky tall boots.

I can't speak for durability but the flexible, stretchy rubber looks like it will last a while. I would avoid storing it in direct sunlight or places that have large temperature swings since it is rubber after all and you don't want it to dry-rot.

I've already accidentally stepped in to a frozen puddle, saved my shoes, socks and pants a royal splash.
I think I'll probably pack them even on rainy days, so I can stay dry through puddles.

I'm giving this product 5 stars despite the sizing error because it is a good product.
Amazon needs to update the sizing so that people are not misled in to buying too small a size and go through the hassle of returning it.

Edit (4/13/2013): A tip to help slipping them on/off. Put a plastic bag over your shoes before you slip these boots on. They slide on easy and you also won't transfer dirt from the soles of your shoes to the inside of these boots :)
77 comments| 280 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 5, 2015
Solid rubber boot only issue is there is a little extra rubber at the back of each heel which makes them a little uncomfortable to walk in because it feels like there's something extra in your boot.
review image review image
on August 17, 2015
These are utilitarian. I'm not saddened to say they provide "bad" arch support, if that is the only option other than, "Yes, they provide good arch support."

Funny, I had them delivered to work, carried them home excited to start saving my shoes from Chicago weather, and make them last longer.

I walked down 3 flight of stairs the next morning, into a torrential downpour, and looked at my dress shoes, and up the 3 flights of stairs my "Rubbers" were. I cursed and said my dress shoes would survive one more day.

I'm looking forward to this Winter, because the 3-4x I've worn them since I remembered them the 1st rain storm after I bought them, I've stepped INTO puddles, muck, slush and such. I do so smugly, and with child like glee.

There is the issue that the button/loop is very tight, and adds 3x as long to finish the job, as tugging these bad boys over a shoe to begin with. I've just used my pant leg to keep the loose mouth of the boot in check, The problem is, that makes these boots under-taskers. They should be tough enough to slip into so they fit and don't flop when I walk, and clasp OVER my pants leg easily. That would be functional to their height, and task. That is their task, right?

A rock solid rivet holding a piece of cord like para-cord, that slipped over/off the button. That would be a fantastic design improvement, because the 1st time you overextend the rubber loop and break it, is the last time you can clasp these things closed.
on August 2, 2015
I've been using these boots for 3 summers now and they are still very functional. The heavy rains in Florida flood most of my yard every summer ... got a record 3" of rain yesterday ... and I could not do anything in the yard without these boots. I keep an old pair of heavy duty clogs in the boots so that I can just slip the boots on and off easily. My clogs are a women's size 10 wide and fit into the XL boot nice and snug as you don't want to be slipping out of these boots while you are sinking into the rain saturated ground. There is a heavy sole on the clog and this makes it easy to use a shovel with the boots over the clogs. No issues w/ the boot tearing. I recommend wearing socks because the black rubs off on the exposed heel skin. I wear my socks over my long knit pants and have no trouble getting the boots on and off. I often sink to the ankle in these boots and my feet stay dry. The only time I get wet is when some water gets in through a slush through the top of the boot. Overall, these boots have been great and I highly recommend them for this purpose.
on April 26, 2017
So far, so good. In the photo I am wearing size 10 men's Keen walking shoes with orthotics and you can see the outline of the eyelets. This is a perfect fit for me, but my shoes stay in the boots when I pull them off, then I have to reach into each boot and remove the shoe. I'm ok with that because I don't want any gap, play, or shifting when I walk. This boot was recommended on a mail carrier forum. I haven't worn them on duty yet, but tomorrow it is supposed to pour so they will get put to the test.
review image
on June 26, 2013
Based on earlier reviews saying these boots run small, I ordered these a size larger than the size chart indicated. Both my order confirmation and the packing list clearly say size XL. But what was in the box was labelled size L. And here's the kicker - they fit! My 10.5B shoe fit the size L boots, just like the size chart says they should. So I should be happy, except that now my wife wants a pair too, and I don't know how to order them. Trial and error, I guess.

The big problem I can see someone else having (assuming you wind up with the "right" size) is with width. As I said, I wear a B width (very narrow for a man), and they just fit. A "D" width would probably be a struggle, and if you're an "E", you should probably look for another brand.
on May 16, 2012
I wear a size 10.5 men's shoe. I first ordered the large size because it said it fits 9.5 - 11 men's shoes. The shoes I wanted to use with these overboots was a hiking shoe with turf cleats on the sole. Well, the large didn't fit. Amazon is great about returns so no problem there. I next ordered the XL men's size which supposedly fits 11 - 12.5 size shoes. Those didn't fit either. In fact, when I put my hiking shoes against the overboots, sole to sole, the shoes were longer than the overboots.

So that's why I titled my review "dress shoe boots". The sizing appears to be for dress shoes, but any shoe with a substantial sole may have a hard time getting in. I'm going to give it one more try and order the XXL. Normally I wouldn't go to this much trouble but these overboots are really nice - very supple yet they appear to be very strong. The big problem is getting the right size. And when I finally get the right size for my hiking shoes, I'm sure my dress shoes will swim in them.
on January 8, 2016
I use these overboots in my pressure washing business so I'm happy that they are completely waterproof. I wear them over my lightweight mesh sneakers which I LEAVE inside the boot. It's sometimes a little tough to get my foot in that way but WAY easier than putting them on and off my sneakers each time. I'm a bit worried about their durability but you can't have it both ways - if it's more durable then you'd be very hard pressed to get them on and off of any shoe. You NEED the flexibility for easy on/off. That flexibility will mean the sole will wear out more quickly. BUT! I prefer this type of boot over other calf length rubber work boots that fit terribly. THAT pair of boots is on the shelf in the garage because of the pain and rubbing spots fro their inflexibility. The 'button' that snugs them around your pants is helpful but difficult/stubborn. People are like that too sometimes but ya just need to be patient. It does button but just not quickly/immediately. So, I'm patient and happy with these 'galoshes' as grandpa might say.
on March 13, 2017
The Tingley Rubber Overshoe (med) are a bit larger than I expected. The reviews from other women seemed to indicate that for my womens size 9, I would need the medium. They are not sloppy big so I am not sending them back. They do fit over my Clarks shoes just fine without the grocery bags that I was expecting to use I used them last week that they were fine So the bit larger size did not matter and it made getting my shoe out very easy.
on August 7, 2014
I read the reviews that said they run large so I was prepared for that. I wear a size 10 or 11 shoe depending on style and brand. These boots easily slip on over either of my favorite 2 pairs of shoes. I am getting old and am out of shape. Some days putting on my socks in the morning is the hardest part of my day. I can get these on and off EASILY. I like the "button' closer as well. They seem to be heavy, thick and sturdy = will last a long time. I am a photographer who like to take pix at dawn on the edge of the marsh where it is heavy with dew. Before I did not go out as often as I should as I got soaking wet. Now, not so. Yesterday I walked over 2 miles with a smile on my face. Great pix as well. Nice tread on the bottoms. I hose them off after each use. I can even imagine that they will serve double duty come winter and snow blower time. Could not be happier.