Truck Reviews HPC Spring Reading Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

on May 11, 2016
What I liked: I ordered this Large size for my Women's 11 medium shoes (which corresponds to a Men's 9 1/2). It fit over both my low profile walking shoes and my sneakers without any problem and still had some stretch left to accommodate a little larger shoe. This is a model 1800 and the packaging says the fit is for Men's 10 to 11 1/2

What was wrong: These are cut for a man's pointed toe dress shoe and leave a "bubble" at the toe if you're covering rounded toe shoes. No amount of adjusting got rid of the bubble and I think it would leave the overshoe more vulnerable to damage. This style is lower cut and does not cover any of the lacing on the shoe leaving it more exposed to rain.

UPDATE: I ordered the Original 2300 model in a medium (based on the charts from Tingley). The 2300's were very, very tight -- difficult to put on and remove. The 2300's are also very heavy, so I'm going to keep the Trim model as it is probably 1/3 the weight of the 2300's. I am hoping that the front "bubble" over the toe will work itself out after a while.
7 people found this helpful
on September 20, 2014
I recently purchased a few pairs of really nice dress shoes. I would like to keep the shoes in like-new condition and that means keeping them from getting wet. I wear my "beater shoes" on rainy days, but unfortunately you can't always predict when the next rain storm comes up. I keep a pair of these overshoes in my laptop bag in case I need them.

I have never used overshoes before so I was not sure what to expect. Some observations:

-- The overshoes look better when placed on a shoe than they do in the photo. Not great, but acceptable.
-- The material seems to be of good quality
-- The amount of coverage with this version is just right. The only part of the shoe that remains exposed is covered by the pant leg anyway. I considered the Tingley "storm" version that covers more of the shoe, but I think this would only be necessary for deep snow or really extreme circumstances, or if you don't wear pants.
-- This model is not shaped for loafer-style shoes but still works ok with these
-- I don't have any issues getting them on. The rubber material is stretchy and smooth enough so they slide on easily.

I thought I would be self-conscious and feel goofy using these but in reality it has not been a big deal. Avoiding ruining expensive shoes makes these overshoes well worth it.
8 people found this helpful
on January 5, 2013
My last pair of Tingley Trim overshoes lasted well over 10 years. These appear to be comparable in quality, with the exception that they are now made in Mexico instead of USA. Time will tell.
Considering they are made of rubber, I detected no unusual odor or film as mentioned in another review. Regardless, they really aren't meant to be worn indoors.
I tend to wear leather-sole dress shoes, so when the pavement is wet, or salted heavily during the winter time, these come in handy keeping your feet dry and protecting your shoes.
I like the TRIM style better than the others, as I usually wear a loafer-style dress shoe at work. I wear a size 11b, and the size Large fits well.
In short, if you have a use for a dress overshoe, these are a good choice.
18 people found this helpful
on February 27, 2017
I wear these to protect my dress shoes in wet weather. They work great. Sometimes I get teased about wearing them, but then I look down at their soaked and pretty much ruined shoes and laugh, then walk away.
4 people found this helpful
on May 16, 2017
When they say "trim" they mean these are made for really narrow, pointed shoes. I ordered the XL, which is supposed to cover 11.5 - 14 size shoes. I wear a 12 and tried to get them over my workout shoes and could not get them on. If you are wearing pointy-toes dress shoes, they might work for a 12, but no way for a 14. Also the rubber does not seem as stretchable as some rain shoes I've owned, which makes that situation worse.
2 people found this helpful
on February 17, 2018
I originally purchased an 8 1/2 to 10 for a size 7 foot. That did not fit and had to send it back. This is a 10 to 11.5 SIZE for again, a size 7 and it does fit but still a bit difficulty to get it on. The reason is that it is cut in a way where you have to order several sizes higher in order for it to really fit on your shoe without giving yourself a hernia to pull it and force it over the shoe. This is obviously something this distributor does not know or they would have posted a warning in the sizing notes of this item. I have not used it yet, but when it fits over the shoe, it does look waterproof and it's one of the nicer looking ones. As long as the snow or water does not go above this overshoe, you should be okay.
on March 4, 2016
These overshoes keep your dress shoes clean and dry when walking through rain, snow, and so forth. They feature a soft durometer rubber that provides good grip on ice. They are easy to stretch over your shoes to pull on and off. This Tingley style allows access to your laces to tie and un-tie your shoes in order to remove them without removing your overshoes. Tingley offers other styles with greater coverage but they do not allow access to your laces. I wear a size 10-1/2 to 11 dress shoe. The size L is best for dress shoes with tightly trimmed soles. The size XL is a bit looser but a better fit for soles with storm welting or similar features that increase the width and length of the shoe. I get about five years of wear per pair using them about 150 days per year walking a mile per day and putting them on and off twice per day. This product is a good investment that will double the life of your leather sole dress shoes for less than the cost of a heel cap replacement.
4 people found this helpful
on May 7, 2016
My old overshoes lasted me more years than I can remember. There's no reason to expect less from these. (The only reason I checked "Couple hours" for the second question is because that's only how long I wear them at a time on average. I would expect that they would be just as comfortable all day. I clicked "No" for the arch support question because these are *overshoes,* and not supposed to provide support. The shoes over which they fit supply the support -- the overshoes provide protection from wet weather.) I'm very pleased with them.
One person found this helpful
on November 10, 2016
At Amazon's request I wrote a review last week for these but do not see it listed but here goes again: I previously had a pair of the Tingley's in a SMALL - they easily fit over my (ladies) size 9 SAS shoes. When I reordered new ones recently, according to the sizing now I'd need a medium which I ordered. The ONLY way I could get them over my shoes was to take the shoes off and force the Tingleys on. My feet hurt for hours after wearing these. The Tingleys are on their way to Goodwill. I don't understand the changing of sizes - if they fit before they should be the same now. I didn't try to return them as I didn't want to pay the shipping costs. Very disappointed.
on April 19, 2018
BEWARE: The rubber on these will rub onto your leather shoes and leave black scuff marks all over them. I recommend only wearing these with black shoes. Otherwise, you'll get lots of black rubber marks that are difficult to remove, and you basically have to re-polish shoes after wearing these overshoes. These are good for protecting against rain, though some of the leather upper will still get wet based on how it's cut.
One person found this helpful
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.