Check out Santa's new ride Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Listen for a chance to win PCB for Musical Instruments $24.99 for a limited time only Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Echo Dot Black Friday Deals Week: Fire tablets starting at $29.99. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop now HTL17_gno

on May 11, 2016
What I liked: I ordered this Large size for my Women's 11 medium shoes (which corresponds to a Men's 9 1/2). It fit over both my low profile walking shoes and my sneakers without any problem and still had some stretch left to accommodate a little larger shoe. This is a model 1800 and the packaging says the fit is for Men's 10 to 11 1/2

What was wrong: These are cut for a man's pointed toe dress shoe and leave a "bubble" at the toe if you're covering rounded toe shoes. No amount of adjusting got rid of the bubble and I think it would leave the overshoe more vulnerable to damage. This style is lower cut and does not cover any of the lacing on the shoe leaving it more exposed to rain.

UPDATE: I ordered the Original 2300 model in a medium (based on the charts from Tingley). The 2300's were very, very tight -- difficult to put on and remove. The 2300's are also very heavy, so I'm going to keep the Trim model as it is probably 1/3 the weight of the 2300's. I am hoping that the front "bubble" over the toe will work itself out after a while.
on September 20, 2014
I recently purchased a few pairs of really nice dress shoes. I would like to keep the shoes in like-new condition and that means keeping them from getting wet. I wear my "beater shoes" on rainy days, but unfortunately you can't always predict when the next rain storm comes up. I keep a pair of these overshoes in my laptop bag in case I need them.

I have never used overshoes before so I was not sure what to expect. Some observations:

-- The overshoes look better when placed on a shoe than they do in the photo. Not great, but acceptable.
-- The material seems to be of good quality
-- The amount of coverage with this version is just right. The only part of the shoe that remains exposed is covered by the pant leg anyway. I considered the Tingley "storm" version that covers more of the shoe, but I think this would only be necessary for deep snow or really extreme circumstances, or if you don't wear pants.
-- This model is not shaped for loafer-style shoes but still works ok with these
-- I don't have any issues getting them on. The rubber material is stretchy and smooth enough so they slide on easily.

I thought I would be self-conscious and feel goofy using these but in reality it has not been a big deal. Avoiding ruining expensive shoes makes these overshoes well worth it.
on May 16, 2017
When they say "trim" they mean these are made for really narrow, pointed shoes. I ordered the XL, which is supposed to cover 11.5 - 14 size shoes. I wear a 12 and tried to get them over my workout shoes and could not get them on. If you are wearing pointy-toes dress shoes, they might work for a 12, but no way for a 14. Also the rubber does not seem as stretchable as some rain shoes I've owned, which makes that situation worse.
on May 7, 2016
My old overshoes lasted me more years than I can remember. There's no reason to expect less from these. (The only reason I checked "Couple hours" for the second question is because that's only how long I wear them at a time on average. I would expect that they would be just as comfortable all day. I clicked "No" for the arch support question because these are *overshoes,* and not supposed to provide support. The shoes over which they fit supply the support -- the overshoes provide protection from wet weather.) I'm very pleased with them.
on March 4, 2016
These overshoes keep your dress shoes clean and dry when walking through rain, snow, and so forth. They feature a soft durometer rubber that provides good grip on ice. They are easy to stretch over your shoes to pull on and off. This Tingley style allows access to your laces to tie and un-tie your shoes in order to remove them without removing your overshoes. Tingley offers other styles with greater coverage but they do not allow access to your laces. I wear a size 10-1/2 to 11 dress shoe. The size L is best for dress shoes with tightly trimmed soles. The size XL is a bit looser but a better fit for soles with storm welting or similar features that increase the width and length of the shoe. I get about five years of wear per pair using them about 150 days per year walking a mile per day and putting them on and off twice per day. This product is a good investment that will double the life of your leather sole dress shoes for less than the cost of a heel cap replacement.
on October 29, 2014
Could not locate Tingley rubbers in dept stores, so I took a chance ordering online because you can't actually handle them to determine the quality of the rubber. I was also worried they would not fit because of the many reviews that mentioned fit problems. So I took the advice of many reviewers and ordered extra large for my dad's 10-1/2 size shoe. I found the quality of the rubber to be very good; it had enough stretch to easily fit over his dress shoes. This type of "Trim Stretch Overshoe" is not designed to fit over bulky shoes. There is also a good, non-slip sole underneath that makes it safe for him, an elderly person. Yes, we are very satisfied with this purchase.
on June 15, 2017
Scuffed up my husbands leather shoes. He was not happy. Was able to polish out, but still shouldn't have to do that.
on March 27, 2017
I wear Skechers Mary Janes and need to protect them from excess rain and snow. These worked fine. I went through everywhere I could get info on the sizing and ordered a small for my women's 8-1/2 shoes and the fit is just right.
They have some stretch which helps in putting them on and they are very sturdy.
on November 10, 2016
At Amazon's request I wrote a review last week for these but do not see it listed but here goes again: I previously had a pair of the Tingley's in a SMALL - they easily fit over my (ladies) size 9 SAS shoes. When I reordered new ones recently, according to the sizing now I'd need a medium which I ordered. The ONLY way I could get them over my shoes was to take the shoes off and force the Tingleys on. My feet hurt for hours after wearing these. The Tingleys are on their way to Goodwill. I don't understand the changing of sizes - if they fit before they should be the same now. I didn't try to return them as I didn't want to pay the shipping costs. Very disappointed.
on May 17, 2017
Kept my shoes safe from salt. Would recommend taking shoes out after each use to clean out any salt that might have slipped between cover and shoe.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.