Beauty Books with Buzz Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc The Carters Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now Start your Baby Registry

on May 4, 2015
This set is big enough that when my 3 year old granddaughter got it for her birthday we took the set and divided it so she'd have some at her house and some at mine. Although you can't build what the pattern that comes with the set with just half the set my toddler still uses her imagination and puts the pieces together and calls it whatever she dreams up. My special needs teenage son also has enjoyed building with these. He has bad fine motor skills but these aren't so small that he can't manipulate them. (He can no longer play with regular sizes Lego's they are to small for him) So if you have a child (or even an adult) that needs something to help with mind activity and has trouble with their hands try this set of Tinkertoys This summer we will be ordering more sets for birthdays so we can built whatever my family imagines.
on June 21, 2015
I don't remember using tinker toys as a child but I know they have been a popular toy for many years. I decided to get these for my very mechanically minded four year old son after a trip to the children's museum- where he spent much of his time playing with this toy. He loved them and we had to drag him away! He now sits and plays with them at home and mom can catch a little break-- to do laundry, of course.

It comes with a little "how to" booklet which was fun. Only complaint was it didn't seem like a lot of pieces once we got them all out. Definitely purchasing a bigger set!
on September 16, 2014
This was a gift to a friends son for his 3rd birthday after seeing my son playing it for 2 yrs now. He got it when he was 3 and he still plays with it though he is 5. The only problem is too many pieces that get scattered throughout the house and its hard to keep track of them, even my 18 month toddler tries to join and remove the wheels and sticks or just chew on them. We pretend and play all the time as guns, swords, cars, ships , or just anything with wheels. Great for imaginary play. The set itself comes with pics of what you can do like swing set or cars I think. I strongly recommend this toy for 3 yr + especially for boys.
on April 5, 2015
Our son loves to build with Lego Duplos and he had a set of click-together-type toys from a restaurant meal that he always played with, so I bought him this set of Tinkertoys- he absolutely LOVES them! He plays with them every day and has built numerous gadgets and had lots of imaginative playtime. I plan on ordering him at least one more set, because while you do get 100 pieces, some of them are used more frequently than others. Also, pay attention to the other sets- not all sets or parts in the sets are made in the USA- this set is...
on January 9, 2015
Can't say enough how thrilled I was to find a starter box of TinkerToys featuring a girl on the box!! Of course, my 3yo daughter didn't notice the girl in the picture at all, she just dug right in and started building. This is an awesome toy for developing creativity and problem solving skills. There are enough pieces in the box to make this a good starter set -- plenty to build just about whatever you want. But you'll need to buy more pieces if your little one becomes attached to what they've built. Without taking a project apart, you won't have enough pieces to build something else.
on January 29, 2014
Huge box.. not too much in it. Not many sticks but tons of connectors. The picture is right in retrospect. Cant build a decent thing with this set... buyer beware.
9 people found this helpful
on August 13, 2014
Okay, my 14 year old had thse as a kid and LOVED them. So I ordered this set for my daughter who is 7. I am not impressed. Plastic is not as fun..part of the wonder of the wooden ones is that you cannot manipulate things to bend and so forth. And there are not really enough pieces for both of my two younger kids to play together with them at once. I would need 2 kits for that. The box is huge. The quantity is not for plastic at this price.

All that said, my daughters do really like them.
on January 3, 2014
I bought these for my 3.5 year old, and she loves playing with them. But they're hardly worth the price. The box is all marketing - it's five times the size of the product (after all who would want to spend so much money for such a tiny box). So what you're left with is a huge box that's too big to store, and nothing practical to keep the toys in - so you either need to resort to the old Ziploc bag, or spend additional money on an old-school pencil box.

It's a shame - they're nice toys if you don't mind the hassle and the over-spending.
|0Comment|Report abuse
Bought this as an extra set as you can never have too many pieces, especially when the kiddies want to make something and NOT take it apart to make more creations. I bought a nice set with a storage-type box and am keeping all of the pieces in that so everything is in one place. I can't find these bigger sets in my local store, and usually if in stock, are way overpriced...you can't go wrong buying through Amazon.com. This is a great value and much nicer than the old wooden pieces when I was a kid.
on September 29, 2015
These are not the tinker toys from when I grew up in the 70s. I found these hard to use and I stored them away for when he's closer to 5-6. I found the plastic flimsy and longed for the wooden ones.
One person found this helpful